• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent targets Offseason Armchair GM Thread

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your 2012-2013 Sharks

http://SportsHoopla.com/5shgx2e

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All three would be even better. We'd need some salary dumps though.

Doug needs to turn into a salesman and sell the bay area so that they are willing to take a discount.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's it going to take to get Tim Thomas from Boston if they're going to try to trade him and give Rask a shot as their #1 goalie?

EDIT: 1-year, $5M left on his contract... hmm.. a bit rich.

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of great off season moves, Steelers (which is my team), just got DeCastro from Stanford at #24 in the draft. Incredible. Couldn't be happier.... A blue chip, dominant, tough as nails, future pro-bowler.. Win it in the trenches by imposing your will....

How come that in NO way describes the sharks....

Like, even a little bit..

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could Niemi end up in Columbus?
Anybody read this? Could this really happen? :ss:

Would much rather have Niemi included with marleau and some other parts to try & nab that No.1 pick from edmonton... Nothing about Nash has ever really impressed me... To me its kinda (but to a much more extreme extent) Nash is like when SJ went after Mark Bell. Everyone was excited, Bells awesome, his numbers are good, he's gonna be great with SJ. While I said at the time of the trade Bell is a bum and the only reason his numbers are what they are is because he is on a shit team, every shit team has to have a leading scorer and an avg player will look great with skating with piles of poo poo. Like I said its a lil more extreme, cause Nash actually has decent talent, but it is not the answer for this team at all. Esp when you look at that damn salary.

Getiing nash also pretty much emliminates any chace at parise & suter. unless marleau can be moved too. then I might not mind a roster with thorn, hav, nash, parise, couture, pavs & clowe as the top 7, but Im not sure that would be under the cap. for nashs 7 mil, Id rather have 2 3.5 mil guys

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Better article here, but ignore the CSN part:

Stanley Cup Playoffs vs. the Rick Nash Derby | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

I don't see it happening, regardless...

Until Nash is actually dealt to another team I pretty much consider him part of the Sharks roster. The Sharks were allegedly his 1st choice of destinations and I don't see any other team making that big of a move. IMO it will all come down to Howson lowering his asking price.

I'm pretty much with Likewall on this one. Nash is a very good player but not worth his $7.8m price tag. That's Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin territory and he isn't close to being on their level. Also adding that contract will once again cripple any attempt to add scoring depth to the team assuming neither Marleau or Boyle are moved.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any speculation on DW's job security can officially end. Per Pollak's twitter:

ownership group issuing statement: Season results not acceptable, confident GM Wilson will make needed changes going forward

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Any speculation on DW's job security can officially end. Per Pollak's twitter:

ohhh boyyyyyy. this could be good, or it could be the start of my 2nd most hated sharks offseaon... Im pretty scared bout it actually

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Who once sang, 'Meet the new Sharks, same as the old Sharks'. I'm sick of the complacentcy that excretes from this organization. :hdn: