• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Bears are adding WWII veteran Marcedes Lewis to the roster:

Not sure how much he has left in the tank, but in recent years he served primarily as a blocker, so no harm in having him on board as our #3 TE.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally!!!!!!

A very reasonable 1 year/10.5 mil signing, with 10 of it guaranteed. Very fair.

I mean...We really didn't have a choice but sign a scrap heap DE. Word is this was the one best fit for us - but we also signed that other bum off the Colts that didn't pan out so we'll see.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Bears are adding WWII veteran Marcedes Lewis to the roster:

Not sure how much he has left in the tank, but in recent years he served primarily as a blocker, so no harm in having him on board as our #3 TE.

Head scratcher.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head scratcher.
Not really, at best he'll be 3rd on the depth chart. He's still an effective run blocker as TEs go. And this is obviously and one-n-done season with him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, at best he'll be 3rd on the depth chart. He's still an effective run blocker as TEs go. And this is obviously and one-n-done season with him.

I mean...I'd rather go with youth/st's play after Kmet and Tonyan but I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would have brought in oj howard before lewis.
Might have been overpriced, Poles might have tried to sign Howard but failed, any number of reasons that ends up being a wuda, cuda, shuda. You go with what you get.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Yannick's presser:

Gotta say, if nothing else, the man is religious.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...I'd rather go with youth/st's play after Kmet and Tonyan but I guess it doesn't matter in the end.
I'd be more in tune with your take if we signed him for longer than a single season or if the plan was for Lewis to replace Tonyan as the primary backup. But neither is the case. I mean, even at age 39 Lewis is still a far better blocker and more experienced a receiver than Jake Tonges, the guy who'll likely be demoted and placed on the practice squad.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yannick’s 1 year deal is great. If Lewis can still play, he will bring some leadership into the locker room. Poles is doing a lot of very good things. Accumulating draft picks, cheap contracts, and an eye on the future is how you build a team the right way.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...We really didn't have a choice but sign a scrap heap DE. Word is this was the one best fit for us - but we also signed that other bum off the Colts that didn't pan out so we'll see.
What in the world are you talking about? Dude's had at least 8 sacks every year he's been in the league, save for one year where he only played 6 games, and still had 5 freaking sacks!? He had 9.5 last year and 10 the year before. This is a great pick up for the Bears. Hell, our entire D-line only had what, 6...6.5 sacks last year?? Brisker led the team in sacks, with 4.

Great pickup that was exactly what we needed.

Poles is killing it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world are you talking about? Dude's had at least 8 sacks every year he's been in the league, save for one year where he only played 6 games, and still had 5 freaking sacks!? He had 9.5 last year and 10 the year before. This is a great pick up for the Bears. Hell, our entire D-line only had what, 6...6.5 sacks last year?? Brisker led the team in sacks, with 4.

Great pickup that was exactly what we needed.

Poles is killing it.
I’m glad you’re excited but don’t call me out for not reacting overly positive to a guy at a premium position that nobody else, much less us, will give a long contract to and was unsigned at the beginning of camp.

We did what we had to do with the situation presented.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bears are like the commanders.they are both only as far as their qb will take them.
In this QB driven league, it's pretty hard these days for almost any team to take it all the way without a topnotch QB. Won't say it's impossible, but just about every other facet of the team would have to be borderline perfect to make it that far with a so-so QB at the helm.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad you’re excited but don’t call me out for not reacting overly positive to a guy at a premium position that nobody else, much less us, will give a long contract to and was unsigned at the beginning of camp.

We did what we had to do with the situation presented.
They can't all be Nick Bosa er what have ya. It's a massive upgrade at a position of dire need.

Dude's going into his 8th season. A long-term contract seems a weird thing to get hung up on.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't all be Nick Bosa er what have ya. It's a massive upgrade at a position of dire need.

Dude's going into his 8th season. A long-term contract seems a weird thing to get hung up on.
We were a last place team with a horrible defense and especially bad when it came to sacks, hurries, and QB hits. Our top sack artist was a safety. I think just about every Bears fan, writer, and pundit agreed that we needed someone with a proven track record at getting to the QB. We got him. Is he the perfect answer to our DE/Edge needs? Maybe not, but the man knows how to get after the QB. And right now that seems to be just the ticket.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL.com again says, has the Bears ranked as no.2 of 4 teams on the trading list for Jonathon Taylor:

"Thanks to their decision to trade out of the No. 1 pick, the Bears have ample draft capital to get a deal done. They lack a bell cow of a runner following David Montgomery's move to Detroit. Oh, and they also have a ton of cap space to work with in 2024 and beyond. Taylor would only have to move one state to the west, where he'd join a team looking toward the future and bestow them with a running back who is in his prime -- provided he can stay healthy."

If he wass gonna be on the cheap side a 3rd rd pick sure,but I doubt he would come that cheap......
Me,myself,I doubt they do it........

Last edited:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL.com again says, has the Bears ranked as no.2 of 4 teams on the trading list for Jonathon Taylor:

"Thanks to their decision to trade out of the No. 1 pick, the Bears have ample draft capital to get a deal done. They lack a bell cow of a runner following David Montgomery's move to Detroit. Oh, and they also have a ton of cap space to work with in 2024 and beyond. Taylor would only have to move one state to the west, where he'd join a team looking toward the future and bestow them with a running back who is in his prime -- provided he can stay healthy."

If he wass gonna be on the cheap side a 3rd rd pick sure,but I doubt he would come that cheap......

Lies and deceit. We ain't signing a running back-much less trading for one. Herbert and Roschon are our guys. (Foreman and Homer rounding it out)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d do it for herbert or Johnson straight up. Maybe even throw in a third. Otherwise, nah.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d do it for herbert or Johnson straight up. Maybe even throw in a third. Otherwise, nah.
Doubt I'd even offer that much. Perhaps Foreman and a 3rd at best. Or if it's Herbert, than throw in no more than a 4th, maybe even just a 5th. Definitely not Johnson. I want to see how this kid's career unfolds. Now it's not because on paper Taylor isn't worth such a trade. The man's a friggin stud, easily one of the top 5 RBs in the league. Despite missing 6 games last year, he still managed 861 yards on the ground. His 3 year average has been 5.1 YPC. That's impressive by any standard. And he brings the dual threat of being a really good receiver to boot. For one year salary-wise, he'd be a ginormous bargain. But there's the problem, this is his rental season. He becomes a UFA in '24 unless he's tagged. Poles may already have to tread those waters with either Mooney or Claypool as it stands. I doubt he'd want to take more headache negotiations. I also suspect Poles is loathe to trade draft capital outside of draft day itself.