• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont feel WR is a priority. He leveraged the #1 pick to include Moore, probably because no one in this draft (as a late pick) is any better. No point in drafting a guy who will be a healthy scratch most weeks.

Pettis may also be a ST resigning. He & Velus were the primary kick returners.
:2cents:

Bears have some nice targets in Kmet, Tonyan, Moore, Claypool, Mooney and ESB. A rookie WR wont move the needle imo.
I agree, but it's also why I said Poles will probably take a WR, maybe even two on day 3. He won't use his first 4 picks on one unless some goofy scenario takes place, like JSN slipping to 64, as in not happening. In fact, I suspect he won't use his first 6 picks on one for that matter, which means he'll hold off until the 5th round at the earliest. Again, the exception to this is if someone with a 2nd-3rd round grade on his board drops to the 4th, then he might take him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we have so many needs and we're shallow on depth as well. Both lines, DB, RB... (i for 1 do not think Foreman will hold up).
Anything's possible. We've seen some crazy stuff as fans.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we have so many needs and we're shallow on depth as well. Both lines, DB, RB... (i for 1 do not think Foreman will hold up).
Anything's possible. We've seen some crazy stuff as fans.
Not worried about our RB sitch, I think if Poles and his staff were that concerned, Montgomery would have been tendered a very doable contract, especially considering what he ended up receiving from the Lions. Still, it makes sense that Poles takes a RB at some point in the draft. After all, he has 10 picks and with his penchant for trading back, it wouldn't shock me if he ends up with 12+ picks. Plenty to go around for the various positions of need.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little article indicating that the '24 draft will feature more stars, as in blue chippers, than this year's draft.

And we have two of those 1st rounders. Yippee ki yay motherf.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears stay put at #9, the reports are coming in that Poles will take Johnson, Jr, with Skoronski as option 2 if PJJ is taken earlier.

Just three days away gents!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears stay put at #9, the reports are coming in that Poles will take Johnson, Jr, with Skoronski as option 2 if PJJ is taken earlier.

Just three days away gents!!

It cant get here fast enough.

And Ill be very happy with one of these three at 9.......
Paris
Peter or
JSN

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a lull in the action at the present, it's a good time to sit back and reflect what Poles has done this offseason to strengthen the roster and likely result in a much more competitive team in '23. I'm hoping he can still ink a DE/Edge, in which there are a number of them who remained unsigned. And this doesn't include any possible roster cuts by other teams lurking on the horizon. In the interim, there have already been some significant signings, several of which should result in starting positions. No unit was more directly impacted by this infusion of talent than in the LB corps. We may now have a top 10, maybe even a top 5 unit in the league. No doubt I would like to have seen a little more aggression with respect to improving the DL, but Poles could only sign whoever was available and also be a fit within the budget. He said on numerous occasions that he didn't want to break the bank and in that regard, he succeeded. At present the Bears remain the the leaders in available cap space, and I think going into the '24 offseason they should still be amongst the league's top 5 when it comes to available cap space once this season concludes.

Where Poles has shined in particular is based on the moves he made to alter not only how the Bears would be set for the draft, but immediately improving the roster to boot. Remember, at the conclusion of the '22 season, the Bears were set with 7 draft picks picks. Poles subsequently parlayed those picks thru some in-season trades and a significant pre-draft trade, ending up with:

*10 draft picks in '23
*An additional 1st round & 4th round in '24
*An additional 2nd round in '25
*A true #1 WR in DJ Moore, who is signed for the next three years

The one potential backfire that needs to be stated tho is surrendering what turned out to be this year's #32 pick to the Steelers for Chase Claypool. I only say potential because we now have a full season to see how he produces and determine if he was worthy of that exchange and if an extension should be warranted. It's hard to find anyone, Bears fan or neutral analyst who hasn't already called this trade a bust for the Bears. I believe he'll have to produce some serious numbers to have justified the trade. Still in fairness, let's see how it plays out this season before coming to a firm conclusion. And regardless of this possible dark spot, it's on point to say that Poles has done a pretty damn good job in transforming the landscape for the present as well as the future.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nothing like getting an early jump on the 2024 draft:

Have no idea how great/bad these picks might be, but the guy I'm pulling for us to land is Chop Robinson. I mean c'mon, how can you not want someone on your team who goes by the name of Chop??? That's legendary!!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....the mock has the Bears taking a wr with the 1st.......I love it!!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how reputable Sportsmockery is,but thry reported this,:

If true,hes a bigger pos than I realized........im so happy we did not draft him.......

Anyone else hear of this.......

Also,I hesrd thru the grapevine,Carter also has a 40 million dollar lawsuit against him.......but have not seen a link....anyone know of this one??

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well heres a link to the up above.........

I knew that was happening as soon as he signed that contract.....good for thr victims family....get everything you can get.....

And to top it off,he had no valid drivers license either.......

Lol,his tshirt should actually read:
" may death be with you,gotta go now cause Im drunk and I dont have a valid dl and my career is worth more than your pathetic lives"

Fuck Carter.........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears now have 7 of their 10 draft picks under contract, including the most important one, Darnell Wright:

Always like getting that top pick inked as early as possible.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poles knew it all along........
Nice find. Of course we didn't know this at the time, but I think what might have cinched taking Wright for them was that private workout where they worked his ass off. It was the OT equivalent of a stress test where they put him thru the ringer, and the kid came out of it with flying colors. I have no idea if they did this as well to other potential targets such as PJJ, Skoronski, and Jones. But I do think that workout was the clincher. In any event, I couldn't be happier with the choice.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3