• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny the subject of center and the draft is brought up here. Having just come up with a 3 round/4 pick mock draft, I didn't have a center selected. Yet if I came up with that mock even as soon as a week ago, I'm pretty sure I would have included a center in the mix. The reason I didn't go that route is suddenly due to all this talk about Whitehair not getting the ax and will shift back to the center position. Assuming this is true, I couldn't find a reason to use one of our top 4 picks on a center. Sure, we can still take one in the later rounds, but unless Poles ends up releasing Whitehair, I'm thinking no chance of us taking one early.

We will draft a center in the first 100 picks of this draft.

It is written.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's almost a certainty we will draft a center. Jones and Jenkins will both be on our line next season. We'll see about the rest.
I think we have a very good chance of adding Johnson Jr or Skoronski to our oline in the draft.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a very good chance of adding Johnson Jr or Skoronski to our oline in the draft.
I'm thinking more and more that either of those two or possibly even Broderick Jones, who has been shooting up many draft boards of late, will be Poles pick at #9.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Poles is reading this article:

Mildly surprised that both Ngakoue & Ya-Sin remain available. Either one would immediately fall in as a starter or at worst in Ya-Sin's case, fill in whenever calling for a three CB set, which would be often. I can only surmise that both players are expecting bigger paydays than what GMs have been offering.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the listings as top prospects at center, I have not seen any guestimates on when they might go.

• 1. Steve Avila, C, TCU Height: 6-4. Weight: 332. ...
  • 2. Olusegun Oluwatimi, C, Michigan Height: 6-3. Weight: 310. ...
  • 3. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota Height: 6-4. Weight: 301. ...
  • 4. Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin Height: 6-6. ...
  • 5. Luke Wypler*, C, Ohio State Height: 6-3. ...

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Poles is reading this article:

Mildly surprised that both Ngakoue & Ya-Sin remain available. Either one would immediately fall in as a starter or at worst in Ya-Sin's case, fill in whenever calling for a three CB set, which would be often. I can only surmise that both players are expecting bigger paydays than what GMs have been offering.

Ive thought about Ngakoue for awhile now,just thought he was a lot older,but damn hes only 27......
7 straight years of 8 sacks with 9.5 last season......??

Last I seen,we were over 40 mil left to spend,still the most,with the next team behind us was at 24......(I believe this is correct)

What the are we waiting for......??......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the listings as top prospects at center, I have not seen any guestimates on when they might go.

• 1. Steve Avila, C, TCU Height: 6-4. Weight: 332. ...
  • 2. Olusegun Oluwatimi, C, Michigan Height: 6-3. Weight: 310. ...
  • 3. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota Height: 6-4. Weight: 301. ...
  • 4. Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin Height: 6-6. ...
  • 5. Luke Wypler*, C, Ohio State Height: 6-3. ...
Rankings change according to individual sports sites, but one thing just about everyone agrees on and that this is one of the deepest drafts for talented centers in years, if not ever.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely one thing I like about the guys Poles has signed already. Here are the ages of each player at the expiration of his respective contract:

TJ Edwards - 29
Tremaine Edwards - 28
Nate Davis - 29

DeMarcus Walker - 31
Travis Homer - 26
PJ Walker - 30

Andrew Billings - 29
D'Onta Foremen - 27
Robert Tonyan - 29

And if we are to include DJ Moore - 28

We can see the commonality here. Other than the Walker boys, every signee will still be under the age of 30 at the expiration of his contract. And even both Walkers will hardly be at an age where they'd be on their last football legs. I think this Poles fella kinda knows what he's doing.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are dumb people and then there are complete numbskulls. Check this out:

While on the topic of the trade, Ryan Poles did not fleece the Carolina Panthers. That was a fair trade in most aspects; however, the Chicago Bears lost out. According to the new trade chart, the number one overall selection, minus the draft picks the Chicago Bears received; the Bears were still short 450 draft points. Insert D.J. Moore as a kicker. Moore is worth 450 draft points in this NFL draft. I have liked Moore for a long time, but he is not worth 450 draft points.

Let's state this again, Moore is not worth 450 draft points???????? For those who'd prefer the draft value chart equation, 450 points equals a mid-2nd round pick, specifically the #45 pick in the draft. So according to Capt Mensa here, Moore, a proven #1 receiver who over the last 4 campaigns averaged more than 1100 reception yards per season and is signed at a reasonable salary for 3 more years, is valued LESS than the 45th pick? I'd love to know what the clown who penned this trash is smoking. Seriously.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a 1000 yard receiver, but for one 1000 guy your QB probably has to throw for closer to 3500-4000.

I really do not know what any team is supposed to do with a dozen draft picks. You dont build a team by cutting draft picks and these writers are going to call Poles a failure when he cuts the 6th and 7th rounders to try to get them on the practice squad.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get a 1000 yard receiver, but for one 1000 guy your QB probably has to throw for closer to 3500-4000.

If we get Center and RT figured out, I'm all aboard the "Get ready to see some individual passing records busted" train.

Y'all Fields doubters are about to eat some crow. My body is ready. Can't wait to get tickets to the NO game.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to get tickets to the NO game.
I am driving down for that one. Let me know where I can buy you a beer.
There was a time as little as a few years ago I would dread our Bears having to face the Saints, especially in their dome. They just always seemed to dominate us or at the very least come away with a dub. Now I think we'll have a great shot at taking one from them. I'll be pulling for you guys.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get Center and RT figured out, I'm all aboard the "Get ready to see some individual passing records busted" train.

Y'all Fields doubters are about to eat some crow. My body is ready. Can't wait to get tickets to the NO game.

Im on pace with ya.......

Depending on the schedule,Im really thinking hard of going to KC.......Wont be able to in December,gotta think KC will be cold in November,but Sept and Oct,wife-n-I are in.......
Bears are gonna have some players that will be fun to watch.....cant wait.
Ive seen Brady play,now its Mahomes/ Kelce time.......in their own house.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first power rankings of '23 - We're not last!!!! :lalala:

But little doubt as to how the pundits view the relative strength between the two conferences. The AFC holds 7 of the top 10 spots.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time as little as a few years ago I would dread our Bears having to face the Saints, especially in their dome. They just always seemed to dominate us or at the very least come away with a dub. Now I think we'll have a great shot at taking one from them. I'll be pulling for you guys.

There was definitely a time we didn’t play well down there. But going to NO for a game always brings back great memories. I was in the dome when the Bears won it all. Maybe the best road trip of my life.

New Orleans is a pretty fun city in general with a ton of great places to eat and drink. I try to use every Bears game played there as an excuse for a trip.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was definitely a time we didn’t play well down there. But going to NO for a game always brings back great memories. I was in the dome when the Bears won it all. Maybe the best road trip of my life.

New Orleans is a pretty fun city in general with a ton of great places to eat and drink. I try to use every Bears game played there as an excuse for a trip.
Oh I'm a thoroughly seasoned Nawlins vet, having visited there at least 8 or 9 times over the years. Luv that town. But I never attended a football game there.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm a thoroughly seasoned Nawlins vet, having visited there at least 8 or 9 times over the years. Luv that town. But I never attended a football game there.

Ive been there for Mardi Gras.......fun time,but damn what a mess........

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first power rankings of '23 - We're not last!!!! :lalala:

But little doubt as to how the pundits view the relative strength between the two conferences. The AFC holds 7 of the top 10 spots.
Read an article that so far only 3 out of the 20 whatever bear free agents have been signed, Monty, Reiff in NE and Morrow signed with Philly. I guess that was bound to make the rankings go up.