• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agent targets Offseason Armchair GM Thread

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know the Sharks don't usually do much in free agency, but what the hell, thought I'd throw some names out there.

I'm dreaming: Parise, Suter

More realistic: Whitney, Hudler, David Jones, Stoll, Jackman, Colaiacovo, Stuart....

I think they need at least 2 guys for the 3rd line, and 1 more good D-man.

This doesn't factor in any trades.....Thoughts?

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i lol'd when i saw a free agency target thread for the Sharks

LOL, I know I'm dreaming.
Who have been their biggest signings? Grier, Scott Thornton, Handzus??
I know you want to draft well and build a team that way, but it would be nice to sign a good player at some point too.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is going to be desperate if he still has a job...heres come Rick Nash.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Stuart should help a little...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is going to be desperate if he still has a job...heres come Rick Nash.

Yeah that's just it. Wilson's MO is not to make the big FA signing, but to make a blockbuster trade. Assuming Wilson isn't fired (which I don't think he will be, despite the fact I would like him to be) I think we could very well see Nash in teal next season. Getting Nash of course does little to fix the Sharks' problems.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's just it. Wilson's MO is not to make the big FA signing, but to make a blockbuster trade. Assuming Wilson isn't fired (which I don't think he will be, despite the fact I would like him to be) I think we could very well see Nash in teal next season. Getting Nash of course does little to fix the Sharks' problems.

pretty much although hopefully Nash can score some goals...something no one else but Havlat or Thornton?!?!? seemed to do in this series. /sigh

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau for a bag of used pucks from a rec league and a 12 pack of bud light.

If get to kick him in the ass on the way out, make it a bag of used pucks.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Wilson needs to be gone today.
He will never make a play for a big FA and will go about his career as he always has, in complete denial.

Grrr. Wilson-Rage!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau played with a broken hand and a bad wrist. Its a rumor from a inside source.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marleau played with a broken hand and a bad wrist. Its a rumor from a inside source.

Yeah yeah, Marleau is always hurt in the post season.
Cry me a river Patrick. Sorry your twat hurts!
Steve Yzerman won the Cup with a broken friggin leg!
What about those long stretches during the regular season where he's AWOL on the scoresheet and not hurt?
Patrick is a wuss who always makes excuses for not being as good as he should be. Fuck that guy.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah these guys are always injured...same old song and dance...why don't they get a roster that has back up players we can count on?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll just blame it on the hell of an effort it took just to make the playoffs, blah blah blah.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll just blame it on the hell of an effort it took just to make the playoffs, blah blah blah.

if it takes that much effort to make the playoffs along with injuries then they are doing something wrong!

like a long distance runner, you gotta save some energy for the final dash to the finish line.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a free agent but a trade, Rick Nash would be super.
The BJ's are going nowhere except to give BJ's to the rest of the league.

We could offload a few of our problem players for him and use the salary savings for acquisition of other free agents.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the two desperate teams that dougie can fleece are toronto and montreal. They have relentless fan bases and desperate GMs. They both are desperate for top line forwards and both have intriguing defensemen.

Patty would be perfect trade bait for either as could pavelski or clowe and could bring back good cornerstone players and top flight prospects and free up lots of space to go after some 27-29 year old UFA's (like parise and suter) who can be good for another 4-5 years.

I would look for a couple guys as well with 10-15 goals, and 30-40 points, who does NOT play the PP, for 3rd line depth. These guys often come cheaper because their stats arent inflated by opportunity. Points are kinda like RBI's in baseball. certainly matter somewhat but are also a function of opportunity. As such, a guy with 15 goals and 40 points and basically no PP time may be signed for 2-3M, but be worth 4-5M with the right opportunity.

Those are diamonds in the rough that dougie has to find.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the two desperate teams that dougie can fleece are toronto and montreal. They have relentless fan bases and desperate GMs. They both are desperate for top line forwards and both have intriguing defensemen.

Patty would be perfect trade bait for either as could pavelski or clowe and could bring back good cornerstone players and top flight prospects and free up lots of space to go after some 27-29 year old UFA's (like parise and suter) who can be good for another 4-5 years.

I would look for a couple guys as well with 10-15 goals, and 30-40 points, who does NOT play the PP, for 3rd line depth. These guys often come cheaper because their stats arent inflated by opportunity. Points are kinda like RBI's in baseball. certainly matter somewhat but are also a function of opportunity. As such, a guy with 15 goals and 40 points and basically no PP time may be signed for 2-3M, but be worth 4-5M with the right opportunity.

Those are diamonds in the rough that dougie has to find.

Agreed. I think Patrick needs to go for this team to have any chance of success.

Have you ever worked the same job for 15 years?
If your employer is dysfunctional, 15 years will kill your spirit. Marleau clearly isn't putting forth his best effort so if he's frustrated here, give him a fair offer to go elsewhere and I bet he waives that NTC with the quickness.

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Marleau's 30 goal campaign this year was perhaps the most uninspiring 30 goal season ever put in by an NHL player =)

It's so hard not to get amped up about FA but every year we all seem to be theorizing who's going to come here and nothing pans out. The FA period starts and all the big names fly off the board to the usual teams and we all sit on our thumbs in numb shock in hopes of even getting a decent 3rd liner for a change. Instead Dougie trades away somebody to "close" one hole and reopens another hole....it seems like the Sharks are constantly flopping back and forth and now since their big guns are over the hill we all ended up with a wholly uninspiring 11-12 season.