• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducky
No way Mahomes sucks on the Texans now Watson would most likely have a great year on the Chiefs. Hell I think Andy Reid and Bienemy might make Sam Darnold look great. Now The dirt guy might think Watson is not so good but his opinions are so bad he is on permanent ignore.
Now the Texans look about as dysfunctional as the Jets and that is truely sad for a awesome fan base in Houston.

What a whiny female

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again....

The 49ers would need to give up 3 1st rounders, and 2 or 3 of their 2nd rounders to even get Houston to pick up the phone and start negotiations.

Houston doesn’t have to trade Watson. They are going to have to be blown away to do it.

A CB like Jalen Ramsey was worth 2 1sts and OBJ was worth a 1st+. Watson is worth 10 fold that. He is a franchise QB that is 25 under contract for like 6 years.

People sound silly saying a team should give up 1 or 2 first rounders for Watson. No shit. He is worth WAY more than that. And it will take way more than that to get the Houston to even listen.
Sure like I said from the start 2-3 1st and/or a young QB attached OR young player(s) on a good contract. They aren’t getting 5 1st’s like it seems like you believe. I have already said it won’t be easy. It all depends on their cap situation as well but if a team like the Niners want to and have the cap, it’s possible. I’m not sure why you are acting like this is Tom Brady in his prime and this team is accustomed to trading away their stars. It is more likely he gets traded to another bad/mediocre team on a team on the rise with a ton of cap but I wouldn’t squash the idea of a playoff caliber team going after him.
You can’t compare every trade as well...look at what Houston got for Hopkins. Not shit. The longer they wait, the more Watson demands a trade and their timeline gets shorter as well as teams that could have afforded him, can’t now, therefore; Houston won’t get as much for him OR he starts sitting out and the situation gets even worse. In this day and age with players demanding trades left and right nothing would be crazy

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure like I said from the start 2-3 1st and/or a young QB attached OR young player(s) on a good contract. They aren’t getting 5 1st’s like it seems like you believe. I have already said it won’t be easy. It all depends on their cap situation as well but if a team like the Niners want to and have the cap, it’s possible. I’m not sure why you are acting like this is Tom Brady in his prime and this team is accustomed to trading away their stars. It is more likely he gets traded to another bad/mediocre team on a team on the rise with a ton of cap but I wouldn’t squash the idea of a playoff caliber team going after him.
You can’t compare every trade as well...look at what Houston got for Hopkins. Not shit. The longer they wait, the more Watson demands a trade and their timeline gets shorter as well as teams that could have afforded him, can’t now, therefore; Houston won’t get as much for him OR he starts sitting out and the situation gets even worse. In this day and age with players demanding trades left and right nothing would be crazy

He’d be a homerun on San Fran, and a big boost in Miami for sure

the only issue I have is the lateral move to an equally bad situation, like the Jets, I’d question whether he would even waive his NT to the Jets

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blasphemous.
Pretending like what Watson was dealt this season is what he’s been dealt his whole career is a lie. Watson finished with a worse record than Matt Stafford, and there isn’t an ounce of that Lions roster that was better than the Texans, coaching staff included

before this season, with guys like Hopkins and Fuller and a perennial top 5 defense, his most notable wins came against Connor Cook and a still very green Josh Allen

is what it is, you can fall in love with the potential and the fantasy numbers, facts are the facts. If you think the difference between Mahomes and Watson is only the guys around them, you didn’t pay much attention to their careers prior to 2020

I’d love to know the difference in rosters between the Jets and Texans if the Jets were forced to surrender their draft capital, and why the results for Watson would be different
Top 5 Defense?? Houston? :spit:

And Fuller missed half his career with injuries including post-season win vs the #2 rated defense Bills and Watson put up a 121 passer rating and the game winning drive

Right now Watson is a top 3 QB to build around and Houston is wasting the best opportunity they will ever get

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why you even mention the 49ers. They really don’t have the ammo to pull off a Watson trade.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's ridiculous to say the Niners don't have the ammo. You do realize they get 1st round draft picks....just like every other team in the NFL? If the Texans and DW cannot come to terms to move forward together, and SF offers say.....three 1st rounders, it's guaranteed they will at least listen to that.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducky
No way Mahomes sucks on the Texans now Watson would most likely have a great year on the Chiefs. Hell I think Andy Reid and Bienemy might make Sam Darnold look great. Now The dirt guy might think Watson is not so good but his opinions are so bad he is on permanent ignore.
Now the Texans look about as dysfunctional as the Jets and that is truely sad for a awesome fan base in Houston.

You really like the word "now", don't you?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 Defense?? Houston? :spit:

And Fuller missed half his career with injuries including post-season win vs the #2 rated defense Bills and Watson put up a 121 passer rating and the game winning drive

Right now Watson is a top 3 QB to build around and Houston is wasting the best opportunity they will ever get

Yes 2018, I believe that was the year Watson beat the all timer Connor Cook before getting ousted

I don’t argue he is an upgrade for a very good roster, I just don’t see any top 5 QBs going 4-12 in a league designed for QBs to win games

not my guy, time will tell

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your hate for Watson is ridiculous.

Put him on the Chiefs and Mahomes on the Texans and you would think Mahomes sucks and Watson is great.

Watson had a FANTASTIC year this year. The fact that they were 4-12 says little about Watson and everything about just how bad the Texans defense and coaching staff were this year.
This.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was epic bad. One of the worst defenses in the last 10 years efficiency wise.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes isn't superman. He wouldn't have done much better than Watson on the Texans.

They might have won 6 games, not 4.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was epic bad. One of the worst defenses in the last 10 years efficiency wise.

27th in PA

every team ranked behind them (save the Jaguars), won more games than Houston

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes isn't superman. He wouldn't have done much better than Watson on the Texans.

They might have won 6 games, not 4.

Based on the fact he had the best WR in the NFL for a few years and never sniffed what Mahomes has accomplished?

we gonna go banging the drum on how great the KC defense is now?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson's numbers:

70.2%, 301ypg, League leading8.9ypa (without Mahomes talent), League leading 12.6ypc, 33 TD's, just 7 INT's, 112.4 PR

Mahomes:

66.3%, 316ypg, 8.1ypa, 12.2ypc, 38 TD's, 6 INT's, 108 PR

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson's numbers:

70.2%, 301ypg, League leading8.9ypa (without Mahomes talent), League leading 12.6ypc, 33 TD's, just 7 INT's, 112.4 PR

Mahomes:

66.3%, 316ypg, 8.1ypa, 12.2ypc, 38 TD's, 6 INT's, 108 PR

Great fantasy QB

just like Matt Ryan

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27th in PA

every team ranked behind them (save the Jaguars), won more games than Houston
Efficiency wise.....saw it on Get Up this AM.

Only 2 teams worse in the last 10 years.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the fact he had the best WR in the NFL for a few years and never sniffed what Mahomes has accomplished?

KC's defense this season?

11th in PA since according to you that's the only defensive metric that matters.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Efficiency wise.....saw it on Get Up this AM.

Only 2 teams worse in the last 10 years.

We will see

I’m not burying his career at all, just don’t have his as highly ranked as some people do

in a league that has become so conducive to QBs winning his team games, Watson has been ok, not terrible or great, especially in the postseason

I still think he is a great get for a good roster like Miami or SF. I don’t love him on a weak roster like the Jets, think he will encounter the same issues with a bad roster

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had Hopkins....not the amount of weapons Mahomes has had.

When you have a guy like Hopkins he gets doubled.....you can gameplan against him on defense.....

And the Texans defense hasn't been dominant for a few seasons, not just this season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC's defense this season?

11th in PA since according to you that's the only defensive metric that matters.

And they were 14-1 with Mahomes

Mahomes and Rodgers are in a city all by themselves in this league, Lamar and Allen for me are the closest to knocking on that door

• Facepalm
Reactions: DJ