• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D. Watson Possible Trade

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it and I'd rather see them put an end to all of the noise. Don't need this heading into the season...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do it and I'd rather see them put an end to all of the noise. Don't need this heading into the season...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very surprised if they did it way too much risk. If anything maybe their helping their old buddy Cesario keep it quiet so Houston gets more back from another team. The Fins owe them that after crushing them on the Tunsil trade....

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very hard to swallow but this regime is known for bold moves.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson's talent is undeniable, however, he would be clueless about the offense other than his rapport with Fuller. Whereas Tua has a good rapport with lots of receivers.

Could you imagine paying over 10 million to a player who shunned your organization? For him to sit on the bench? That's what would happen if the Texans don't trade him.

I like Tua a lot. I am confident that the Fins can win with him. The guy won 6 games as a rookie with the cards stacked against him. If the Texans are serious about trading Watson I think they would need to change their trade demands. There is too much uncertainty with Watson.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson's talent is undeniable, however, he would be clueless about the offense other than his rapport with Fuller. Whereas Tua has a good rapport with lots of receivers.

Could you imagine paying over 10 million to a player who shunned your organization? For him to sit on the bench? That's what would happen if the Texans don't trade him.

I like Tua a lot. I am confident that the Fins can win with him. The guy won 6 games as a rookie with the cards stacked against him. If the Texans are serious about trading Watson I think they would need to change their trade demands. There is too much uncertainty with Watson.
Tua is your best bet at this point.

Watson is over-rated, over priced, and high-risk.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the fins did this it would be a colossal mistake. It would set franchise back many years. Watson and his legal issues will be a huge distraction.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the fins did this it would be a colossal mistake. It would set franchise back many years. Watson and his legal issues will be a huge distraction.
Sounds like Paolo was testing the waters and there was a lot of push back so he backed off. Either that or Watsons group is trying to create urgency. Don't think Houston would do this as it blows teams out although I wouldn't put anything by Paolo. :doh:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Paolo was testing the waters and there was a lot of push back so he backed off. Either that or Watsons group is trying to create urgency. Don't think Houston would do this as it blows teams out although I wouldn't put anything by Paolo. :doh:
Paolo is a Tua hater, don't know why kid really hasn't had a chance. If this was 3 years later, then yes, but some need a bit of time. Any team that takes Watson for a few top/high picks and a player or two are making big mistake.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Watson trade rumors are heating up again.

I am thinking the Texans are trying to use the Eagles as a negotiating tool. The Eagles will own the next draft with multiple first rounders. They don't have to make the trade. The Texans have to make a trade. They would have to pay Watson 35 million dollars to sit on the bench next year. That just doesn't make sense.

The Fins could be a trade partner. Watson has the talent to help the offense. That said, I would like to know what has changed with him. He obviously had a problem with his urges. I believe people can change. If the Fins give him a chance I would hope that he doesn't embarrass the organization or himself going forward.

I like Tua. He is a high character guy. He has shown he has talent and a mental toughness. The Fins have an ever improving Oline. That said, can he stay healthy? I don't know.

Brissett has an opportunity now to show that the Fins can win with him. He sure played that way in the second half against the Raiders.

It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Watson trade rumors are heating up again.

I am thinking the Texans are trying to use the Eagles as a negotiating tool. The Eagles will own the next draft with multiple first rounders. They don't have to make the trade. The Texans have to make a trade. They would have to pay Watson 35 million dollars to sit on the bench next year. That just doesn't make sense.

The Fins could be a trade partner. Watson has the talent to help the offense. That said, I would like to know what has changed with him. He obviously had a problem with his urges. I believe people can change. If the Fins give him a chance I would hope that he doesn't embarrass the organization or himself going forward.

I like Tua. He is a high character guy. He has shown he has talent and a mental toughness. The Fins have an ever improving Oline. That said, can he stay healthy? I don't know.

Brissett has an opportunity now to show that the Fins can win with him. He sure played that way in the second half against the Raiders.

It will be interesting to see how the story unfolds.
IMO, it would be a waste of a trade. I'm betting he is going to get prosecuted on the pending sexual harassment issues. Will be tough throwing passes from behind bars.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, it would be a waste of a trade. I'm betting he is going to get prosecuted on the pending sexual harassment issues. Will be tough throwing passes from behind bars.

It's certainly a risk that he will go to jail but I don't see him spending an extended time in jail even if he goes. He's wealthy enough to get the best lawyer available and that can help.

It's understandable that no one has met the asking price of the Texans. Not only is there the risk of missed games It's a big PR decision.

Tua may play vs Jacksonville. People can say what they want but he won more games as a rookie than all of this years rookie QBs combined at this point.

The question with Watson is how bad do you want to win?

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's certainly a risk that he will go to jail but I don't see him spending an extended time in jail even if he goes. He's wealthy enough to get the best lawyer available and that can help.

It's understandable that no one has met the asking price of the Texans. Not only is there the risk of missed games It's a big PR decision.

Tua may play vs Jacksonville. People can say what they want but he won more games as a rookie than all of this years rookie QBs combined at this point.

The question with Watson is how bad do you want to win?
There are plenty of needs on the team other than QB position, O line is bad, running game is horrendous, play calling is terrible, Defense is bad as well. They trade a bunch of picks for Watson, how will they address the other needs. They have a poor track record with FA's recently as well. If you bail on a QB that you took at #5 the previous year, that is a bad look as well. Tua has not been given the proper time or tools to be successful. .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua developing into the reliable franchise QB is the best case scenario. The Oline and coaching has to be better though for it to work. Tua and most QBs can't handle big hits.

The Fins will have time this year to build a good foundation. I don't see any of the AFC East teams beating the Bills this season.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

I see you liked my post. So you agree that the Bills will win the AFC East again this year? I understand why you agree, the Pats have 1 win and 3 losses early in the season.

I watched TB vs the Pats: Brady had more yards rushing than your entire team 3 yards to 2. The Fins have problems but so do the Pats. At least your defense played well. Offensively the Pats have been prone to turn the ball over. They are dinking and dunking to try to protect Jones. He's still getting pressured though.

You are probably just scared that the Fins will trade for Watson.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

I see you liked my post. So you agree that the Bills will win the AFC East again this year? I understand why you agree, the Pats have 1 win and 3 losses early in the season.

I watched TB vs the Pats: Brady had more yards rushing than your entire team 3 yards to 2. The Fins have problems but so do the Pats. At least your defense played well. Offensively the Pats have been prone to turn the ball over. They are dinking and dunking to try to protect Jones. He's still getting pressured though.

You are probably just scared that the Fins will trade for Watson.
I just posted on Patriots board:

"What does improvement look like?
You can improve your team in the off season by fixing weakness's or you can add new talent/
You can even get healthy!

Unfortunately, when you "improve" or make any changes, other things change.
In short, not all improvements lead to a better outcome.
Just look at Miami. They did "everything" right.

We had? one of the best o-lines in football with bad WR's and QB. We also were strong at RB - and "improved" the position!
We new have a promising QB and improved WR's. Added to the O-line and brought back players.
It's not working yet.

We were a fumble vs Miami and a Doink vs SB champs from being 3-1 in 1st place.
We have 1 of the best defense's in football and great coaching.

What we don't yet have are the wins! I see that changing soon.
Look at Miami. They are not "just missing" They have 1 win and should have lost that. They are going to have to keep rebuilding or rebuild again.
We have hope! End of last year we did not."
Go Patriots!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what the future holds for these teams? What I do know is that you are always on the Fins board saying the Fins Oline sucks blah blah blah. You are like a fly at a picnic. You are always around but you really don't add a lot to the gathering. Before you answer with an insult consider that I am not on the Pats board talking bad about your favorite team. It's different when it comes from another fan. It really isn't going well for the Pats right now. Yet your focus is the Fins Oline?? Why should you care unless you are being the fly.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what the future holds for these teams? What I do know is that you are always on the Fins board saying the Fins Oline sucks blah blah blah. You are like a fly at a picnic. You are always around but you really don't add a lot to the gathering. Before you answer with an insult consider that I am not on the Pats board talking bad about your favorite team. It's different when it comes from another fan. It really isn't going well for the Pats right now. Yet your focus is the Fins Oline?? Why should you care unless you are being the fly.
It's a rivalry dude!
I don't know how old you are but I was around in the days when the Dolphins were great and Patriots sucked.
We both have our hands tied right now. Misery loves company!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right it's a rivalry (for second place in the division) Recently the Fins are getting the best of it. Tua is undefeated against the Pats in his young career. Flores has fared well also against his former team. He has won the last two.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right it's a rivalry (for second place in the division) Recently the Fins are getting the best of it. Tua is undefeated against the Pats in his young career. Flores has fared well also against his former team. He has won the last two.
That's a better atitude!