• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Poogie25

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak just signed his deal right. Imagine Cowboys going 5-11 this season and Dak telling Jerry to trade him LOL.

Poogie25

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, so you get it, but choose not to acknowledge it........man, lots of posts to say so little........ @Tapey was actually very nice , and just sheer ignorance...
You guys get it but choose to ignore points. If you are an NFL fan you know how contracts go by now. You know difference between NFL and NBA.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys get it but choose to ignore points. If you are an NFL fan you know how contracts go by now. You know difference between NFL and NBA.
no crap dude. no one is disagreeing with how the contracts go! The entire point is the hypocrisy, and you don't even realize, you're agreeing.

Poogie25

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no crap dude. no one is disagreeing with how the contracts go! The entire point is the hypocrisy, and you don't even realize, you're agreeing.
Im aware Im just sitting back laughing at you guys. I broke it down plain and simple.You guys just want to argue and prove a point thats not there.We can go back and forth if you want. I dont care for arguments,drama but im done with the topic.Here is your special star for the day *

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok.Basically proving my point LOL how amazing. People are gonna get mad at players its SPORTS. If you find humor in people getting upset at others thats YOU. Either way more important issues in world .
Sure I’m not saying people can’t get mad, they can do whatever they want really, just like I can find it humorous that they are getting so mad.

also wtf you want me to be talking about world issues in an online nfl forum. Think the political portion of the website would be more your speed for that.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im aware Im just sitting back laughing at you guys. I broke it down plain and simple.You guys just want to argue and prove a point thats not there.We can go back and forth if you want. I dont care for arguments,drama but im done with the topic.Here is your special star for the day *
I don’t think anyone is wrong or right really, this is all heavily opinionated the back in forth is fun though I like to see the other perspective. Notice how I haven’t said you are wrong once?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone is wrong or right really, this is all heavily opinionated the back in forth is fun though I like to see the other perspective. Notice how I haven’t said you are wrong once?
YEP...watson isn't a bad guy...just misunderstood

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny how some guys ask for a release, get it , and thats cool(jj watt), others are crucified...
I don't think either Watson nor Houston deserves to be crucified as some are doing. Watson has a right to ask to be traded and so far he has not broken his contract. Hell, he has a right to sit out if he chooses and not be paid. Houston also has the right to hold firm if that's what they want to do....but I don't believe they are not listening to offers as has been reported. Might not be accepting, but they hear them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s no comparison in what? All I’m saying is it’s silly to get mad at players for wanting out, but teams cut players at a drop of a hat all the time :noidea:
agreed...nothing wrong with a player asking to be moved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure and he can hold out all he wants, idk if he will stick to his guns, but if he does the Texans might come to regret not trading him
Maybe...or they might feel like better off with a hold out. don't have to pay him. The year does not count so he does not get closer to his extension kicking in. and they will lose which helps draft position.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality Watson has no leverage and he doesn’t get to choose his team but his stance isn’t changing so eventually he will get his wish....so after he gets traded, would you call that leverage? Yes, not full leverage but he will get what he wishes whether it is now or later. Houston would be stupid not getting full value for him, there is no repairing this relationship
same FO and coach I'd say no chance. I wouldn't rule out it being repaired (or at least him staying) with new FO/coach.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but when you sign a contract you have to honor it LOL. A mans word is his bond as they say. Deshaun knows how football works. His Agent knows how NFL works.
This is true, but as of now he has done nothing to break his contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So only the players should have to honor a contract? Front Office shouldn’t have to? I mean they signed the contract too. I understand that’s not how it works but holy shit is that some backwards way of thinking
what FO has not honored a contract? You can release a guy and still honor the contract.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed...nothing wrong with a player asking to be moved.

I guess, but the guy wrote this after getting his 160 million extension and 100 days later he wants out.
There has never been this kind of Jekyll & Hyde move in this short amount of time in the history of the NFL.

It's very irrational. Will his next team have to walk on egg shells around him?

It's a valid concern.

EvFlGzlXMAEYVvq

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is he a brat, but it was cool for jj watt to request release? Also how dont you see the double standard regarding teams and players in contracts.
Not sure I'd call him a brat, but I don't see the double standard because the players were involved in the current CBA. They know only they can be released and in nearly every case will not be paid their full contract amount. They also know when they sign a contract the team holds their right for as long as they want until contract is up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but the guy wrote this after getting his 160 million extension and 100 days later he wants out.
There has never been this kind of Jekyll & Hyde move in this short amount of time in the history of the NFL.

It's a valid concern.

EvFlGzlXMAEYVvq

Of course it's a valid concern...but does not change the fact he has the right to ask to be moved...and, yes, the Texans have the right to tell him to kick rocks if they don't get an offer they like.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd call him a brat, but I don't see the double standard because the players were involved in the current CBA. They know only they can be released and in nearly every case will not be paid their full contract amount. They also know when they sign a contract the team holds their right for as long as they want until contract is up.
To an extent, i do agree...

Poogie25

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a valid concern.

EvFlGzlXMAEYVvq

Exactly what I mention ,it's a character issue with him,I'm not attacking him personally but his letter is different then his actions. He mention circumstances no matter what they are. Business aside is he the right locker room leader for any franchise?