• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deshaun Watson may want out of Houston

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what FO has not honored a contract? You can release a guy and still honor the contract.
Any player in the history of the NFL that has been released before their contract is up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player in the history of the NFL that has been released before their contract is up.
huh? The contract says they can be released before the deal is up. Team must only pay guaranteed portion. Was there some team that tried to skate on that part?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? The contract says they can be released before the deal is up. Team must only pay guaranteed portion. Was there some team that tried to skate on that part?
Sure they can be released before the contract is up and they have absolutely every right to, but that’s not honoring the “full contract” as apparently every single player needs to

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well those the rules the players agreed to.
Yea and I’m not sure how many more times I’m going to need to say it but, I good with both ends doing what they need to. My gripe is with fans who bastardize a player for doing something the FO does on the daily.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they can be released before the contract is up and they have absolutely every right to, but that’s not honoring the “full contract” as apparently every single player needs to
Owners honor their part of the deal. If you have an instance they didn't, again, please share. It's not like players don't know how it works as they are a part of the CBA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea and I’m not sure how many more times I’m going to need to say it but, I good with both ends doing what they need to. My gripe is with fans who bastardize a player for doing something the FO does on the daily.
I get this stance - I really do - but in this case those are the rules. do you just not like the idea they don't have guaranteed contracts?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this stance - I really do - but in this case those are the rules. do you just not like the idea they don't have guaranteed contracts?
I don’t care if players get released, I also don’t care if players hold out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if players get released, I also don’t care if players hold out.
neither do I......but holding out not the same as honoring their contract, while releasing the player is. That's why they can be fined for holding out.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither do I......but holding out not the same as honoring their contract, while releasing the player is. That's why they can be fined for holding out.
Sure fine away, my stance has been as stated in my last post I’m not sure why people keep responding as if I’m only pro player

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure fine away, my stance has been as stated in my last post I’m not sure why people keep responding as if I’m only pro player
My stance hasn't been you are only pro player. It's that you are making factually incorrect statements (about owners not honoring contract). But I guess it's your right to make incorrect statements. Have at it.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If sitting out preseason and 10 regular season games, (IE the player makes himself for just 6 regular season games/weeks), wasn't honouring your contract the player wouldn't get a year's NFL service and the team would be able to toll that year of the contract.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If sitting out preseason and 10 regular season games, (IE the player makes himself for just 6 regular season games/weeks), wasn't honouring your contract the player wouldn't get a year's NFL service and the team would be able to toll that year of the contract.
why would they be fined for honoring their contract?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Houston Texans have had longer lasting relationships with their quarterbacks than JLo has had with men.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those arguing Hypocrisy I dont see it.
There is always gonna be fans that agree with Players no matter what. As well as those that agree with Owners no matter what.
But in general. It seems more like the newer the contract is the more fans agree with owners. The latter part of a contract if there is a hold out, seems to swing towards the player. I dont see this as hypocrisy.
Julio Jones wanted to redo his deal again after his 2nd year or something like that. Most fans werent on his side. Makes sense to me.
A player with one year left on a deal. Most fans are on his side.

Watson was literally months into his deal (less than a half a year) When he started trying to get out. How in the hell can you be on that guys side. He simply shouldnt have signed the deal. he wanted his upfront money now, then wanted to bail leaving the team in a form of cap hell.

I say. Fuck that guy! :thumb: Unless a team offers a literal kings ransom for him of course.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those arguing Hypocrisy I dont see it.
There is always gonna be fans that agree with Players no matter what. As well as those that agree with Owners no matter what.
But in general. It seems more like the newer the contract is the more fans agree with owners. The latter part of a contract if there is a hold out, seems to swing towards the player. I dont see this as hypocrisy.
Julio Jones wanted to redo his deal again after his 2nd year or something like that. Most fans werent on his side. Makes sense to me.
A player with one year left on a deal. Most fans are on his side.

Watson was literally months into his deal (less than a half a year) When he started trying to get out. How in the hell can you be on that guys side. He simply shouldnt have signed the deal. he wanted his upfront money now, then wanted to bail leaving the team in a form of cap hell.

I say. Fuck that guy! :thumb: Unless a team offers a literal kings ransom for him of course.
I don’t agree with Watson or any player holding out for a trade after signing a contract bc I just think about if I personally did that with a company. Like no way around it but I also understand this isn’t like an everyday job but I still agree this isn’t right.

All that being said, I just don’t agree with people saying the Texans won’t trade him and applaud them for it...bc that would be a stupid move on their part. He obviously wants no part of this organization, I don’t care how much pride gets in the way you always need to do what is best for the organization. That is trading him for the highest value possible and getting an amazing return. Keeping him is only making it worse for your organization, your players, your fans, Watson and your future.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t agree with Watson or any player holding out for a trade after signing a contract bc I just think about if I personally did that with a company. Like no way around it but I also understand this isn’t like an everyday job but I still agree this isn’t right.

All that being said, I just don’t agree with people saying the Texans won’t trade him and applaud them for it...bc that would be a stupid move on their part. He obviously wants no part of this organization, I don’t care how much pride gets in the way you always need to do what is best for the organization. That is trading him for the highest value possible and getting an amazing return. Keeping him is only making it worse for your organization, your players, your fans, Watson and your future.
We haven't heard any thing from teams on what they would offer. How many teams actually consider offering more then the Rams did for Stafford? I'm guessing exactly none. His highest trade value took a nose dive when Watson went public. Next season the Texans can see if the trade market makes it worth moving him. It's not in their best interest to trade him for less then full value.
Unhappy players play for teams all the time. I'd guess on every single NFL team, every single year.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Perhaps the Texans aren’t as opposed to trading Deshaun Watson as they have been indicating."

Is it not just as likely that the Texans are not going to trade Watson and this move is so they have a plan B ready if Watson sits out the season?

These fucking guys will spin anything to keep the story going.