• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, call Alex Gibbs up in Arizona he will have this team spitting nails the rest of the season.

Joking aside I would rather watch paint dry then this mess.

Hell, I would rather watch paint dry than all those yellow flags fly.

The Ref's this year have cost us 3 games on stuff that looked no worse than what other teams are pulling.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seemed to be a lot of confusion near the end of the game - there was a penalty- and we put KC in a 3rd and forever or 4th and 10 .. it looked as if the teams were going to line up with KC facing the 3rd and very long ..

I have never heard a ref say "Denver has changed it's mind .. 4th down"

I don;t know if the refs simply assumed we were going to take the penalty, but if that was the case, the ref wouldn;t have said "Denver changed it's mind"

It sure looked like Vance had made the call for the 3rd and long, and then someone got to him to put KC in a 4th down .

Maybe there are too many cooks in the kitchen, or maybe Vance was indecisive there .. It just looked bad

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players are still playing hard, and there is no give up in the team. Is Vance a great head coach? I don't think he is. Could we do worse? I think we can do worse, and worried we would if we make a change. We will see what happens, but as frustrating as it is to watch what they are doing week in and week out they are playing hard and it is way better then last year.

Kansas City is tough team to match up with anywhere, and we have done better then anyone at slowing their offense.

I am disappointed by the loss today but do not believe the season is lost yet. I want to see what they do next week going into the bye.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, this season is lost. I'm not sure what firing Vance now will do. Fans are always calling for the head coaches job but there are a lot of personnel problems on the field too. Fire him at the end of the year. At this point, I'd rather have a higher draft pick if we're not going to the playoffs. Sucks to be halfway through the year and feel this way but that's how it looks right now.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, this season is lost. I'm not sure what firing Vance now will do. Fans are always calling for the head coaches job but there are a lot of personnel problems on the field too. Fire him at the end of the year. At this point, I'd rather have a higher draft pick if we're not going to the playoffs. Sucks to be halfway through the year and feel this way but that's how it looks right now.

I'm thinking asst coach might get it. I agree no point in firing VJ now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed in Case Keenum
He was terrible in the 2nd half

This team can’t put the same half together .
Offense kept them in the game in the first half and then the defense played well in the 2nd

Keenum is trevor Siemian with the way he drifts in the pocket and hold the ball way too long

Step up in the pocket be a man.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MH64, do you think Musgrave or Sullivan are legit head coach material ??

Neither has ever been a HC at any level, although Musgrave was assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach w/ the Falcons in 2010

If we're not planning on retaining Vance, I think we should see if either of these two - Musgrave or Sullivan - have what it takes ...

Granted, neither has experience as a HC, but on the flipside, is there a retread out there that we start all over with next season ??

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MH64, do you think Musgrave or Sullivan are legit head coach material ??

Neither has ever been a HC at any level, although Musgrave was assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach w/ the Falcons in 2010

If we're not planning on retaining Vance, I think we should see if either of these two - Musgrave or Sullivan - have what it takes ...

Granted, neither has experience as a HC, but on the flipside, is there a retread out there that we start all over with next season ??

I'm not sure if they're head coaching material or not but if I had to pick, I'd probably lean Billy Moose. I'd like to get an offensive minded coach for next year. Again, not sure if elevating one of our assistants to head coach in the middle of the year does much for us.

For 2019 we need:
  • A quarterback
  • An offensive minded head coach
  • Offensive line fix
  • Studs for the back end of the defense
  • A middle linebacking crew that can stop Tight Ends
I'm thrilled with our rookie class. Definitely something to build on. Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton are all studs. Get busy John Elway. Back to back losing seasons for the first time since the early 70's is not how the Broncos operate.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys realize we are 2 games out of wild card position. Right? Oh and that position is held by the Bengals who we get to play. We win that game and we are within a game of the wild card. Lots of football to be played yet.

Some positives from today's game.
- We didn't abandon the run.
- Keenum was moved outside of the pocket more.
- The defense was able to get to pressure Mahomes.
- Run defense was better then the first time we played Kansas City.
- Another turnover.
- Out gaining the best offense in the league, in fact Denver won most statistical categories, but lost the most important one on the scoreboard.
- Booker did well spelling Lindsay.

Somethings that disappointed me.
- 2 turnovers
- Play calling was a little questionable at times. (The jet sweep to Sanders on 3-1, or the deep routes when the Chiefs were showing all out blitz).
- The penalties, so many big plays wiped out.. A couple seemed a bit questionable.
- The Defense felt helpless at times.
- Missed FG (might have kept us for getting to overtime).

Plenty of good coming out of the game that hopefully they can build on it going into the Texans game and things that need to be cleaned up.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that we know for certain is that despite our 3-5 record the team is still fighting hard for Vance Joseph.

It would so easy for this team to just give up but outside of the Jets game they’ve been competitive in every game and have limited the top 2 offenses in the NFL to 27, 23, and 30 points. That’s not something a garbage team does.

Obviously Keenum is not the answer but I think we all knew that if we’re being honest and while the offensive line is still meh they’re a lot better than they were last year even with Bolles deciding to hold about 6 times a game it seems.

This team hasn’t given up on Vance and I think with a few changes(firing Joe Woods for one) this team at least can be competitive in the AFC.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have the talent at most positions to be more than competitive. While Keenum is not going to be a franchise QB we sure could do worse than him and I am not sure that we will have a chance at a top QB in this year's draft. Maybe we take a flyer on a guy in the mid-rounds, but we may need to wait until 2020 to draft a guy. I think we have some holes that need to be filled with guys that are likely to not be back next year. Pecko, Brock, Barrett, Veldheer, Paradis, Turner, Roby, Kerr, Jones, S. Harris, Heureman, and Garcia are all guys that play key rolls that are free agents at the end of the year. I am sure we retain some of these guys, but some will walk too. We do not have a lot of extra picks to move up in draft this year. Maybe we are able to trade a player or two in the offseason, or move back in the draft to aquire extra picks in 2020 in case we need to move up to get the young QB that we feel will be the face of the franchise going forward.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that we know for certain is that despite our 3-5 record the team is still fighting hard for Vance Joseph.

It would so easy for this team to just give up but outside of the Jets game they’ve been competitive in every game and have limited the top 2 offenses in the NFL to 27, 23, and 30 points. That’s not something a garbage team does.

Obviously Keenum is not the answer but I think we all knew that if we’re being honest and while the offensive line is still meh they’re a lot better than they were last year even with Bolles deciding to hold about 6 times a game it seems.

This team hasn’t given up on Vance and I think with a few changes(firing Joe Woods for one) this team at least can be competitive in the AFC.

Keenum has yet to be used for what we brought him for . watch a couple games of what he did there .Vikes

Keenum is short passing game and throw one or two deep balls we been going deep wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much.

Keenum deep balls take forever to get there.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one problem with the Denver Broncos is the Offensive Line. It's been the number one problem for the past several years.

The crappy o-line is a much bigger problem than the QB, WRs or anything on the defense. The nut/bolts infrastructure needs to be fixed before anything else.

We have all these big name, big engine guys were paying, but there's no use having a fancy, muscle car if you're going to fill the tank with E-85.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number one problem with the Denver Broncos is the Offensive Line. It's been the number one problem for the past several years.

The crappy o-line is a much bigger problem than the QB, WRs or anything on the defense. The nut/bolts infrastructure needs to be fixed before anything else.

We have all these big name, big engine guys were paying, but there's no use having a fancy, muscle car if you're going to fill the tank with E-85.

Yes
I’d say it’s 50/50 OLine and QB

Yesterday Denver ran the heck out of the ball and the QB failed to capitalize play action. Wasn’t that the Minny blueprint

Then you have Olineman penalized several times. Penalties sometimes occur because you are not talented enough

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ownership, I hope is what he is saying.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what needs to happen. Or he needs to hire better help. We have wasted many draft picks.

Ah that last draft/UFA's I will take the next few drafts.