• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we are over a week from the game, but might as well start talking about what could end up being a big game. Denver wins and they split the season series with Kansas City and would have the same number of divisional loses as Kansas City.

This is going to be a tough game. Very explosive Offense in a hostile environment. The Broncos will not enjoy a home like environment this week.

To me the biggest key to the game is to have a controlled pass rush. We can't let Mahomes run around and buy time. Keep him in the pocket like you would a Russell Wilson. If the D can do that and play as well as they did in Denver in week 4 they will have a chance. The D has to maintain their assignments in the run game also. If Hunt goes off it will be killer also.

The offense should be able to move the ball on the Chiefs D, but need to stay away from the turnovers. Getting a lead early would be a great idea. Take the crowd out of the game early and it will be come a much easier game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still enjoying last nights game. Haven't had many things to celebrate since our Super Bowl W. Kinda felt like we won the SB last night.

;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Zona win was just wonderful - the players really enjoyed themselves in that game. I hope it was an omen for the rest of this season.

I do like the idea that the Broncos - at least - if they win in KC - are right back in the division hunt.

Go Broncos!

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely hoping it’s a sign this team has turned it around, but I’m certainly not going to proclaim them contenders until I see it again and again. They have the pieces and if they play like that they will win a lot of their remaining 9 games. They won’t always win by 35 points but winning by 35 or by 1 is still winning.

I already can’t wait for this next game with the Chiefs. The Chiefs have been on a run against the Broncos dating back to 2015. It’s time for the Broncos to put a stop to that nonsense and put the Chiefs back in their place!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just feels wrong. My gut tells me that getting a win like last night, while fun, just prolongs the agony of replacing the coaches. Maybe this is the start of some miraculous turnaround, and something clicked with the coaching staff (or the players) last week. Maybe VJ had some epiphany.

But I'd truly hate to wind up at 9-7, winning games like we did last night against teams that we should beat, losing to teams that outcoached us, and then being in the same spot again next year - with Vance Joseph.

I was willing to give him a chance at the start, but I just don't see this ending well, regardless of the win. Pull the bandage off and let the wound heal.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just feels wrong. My gut tells me that getting a win like last night, while fun, just prolongs the agony of replacing the coaches. Maybe this is the start of some miraculous turnaround, and something clicked with the coaching staff (or the players) last week. Maybe VJ had some epiphany.

But I'd truly hate to wind up at 9-7, winning games like we did last night against teams that we should beat, losing to teams that outcoached us, and then being in the same spot again next year - with Vance Joseph.

I was willing to give him a chance at the start, but I just don't see this ending well, regardless of the win. Pull the bandage off and let the wound heal.

I have the same concern and definitely have my suspicions this team has actually turned it around under VJ. But considering 4/5 of our next games are against teams that are over .500, and then a repeat of one of those for the season finale, not to mention feisty opponents like the 49ers and Browns still in the mix and I’d be willing to believe a 9-7 finish was indicative of a turnaround. Especially if 9-7 got this team into the playoffs.

That’s way out there though. Next up is the Chiefs and that’s a tough out. Despite their awful defense the Broncos couldn’t muster a lot of offense against them in their week 4 matchup and that was at home. It’s going to be even harder in Kansas City, unless the team decides to play with some swagger.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the blowout win in Arizona it provides some hope of better things to come, but I don't know that anyone has said that they have turned the corner. If they win at KC and then again at home against Houston the expectations will be raised over the bye week.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the blowout win in Arizona it provides some hope of better things to come, but I don't know that anyone has said that they have turned the corner. If they win at KC and then again at home against Houston the expectations will be raised over the bye week.

I agree, I haven’t seen any indication Broncos fans believe the team has corrected course. There’s definitely hope, but nothing that can be described as real expectations. I agree with you, the expectations will mount if they somehow reach the bye at 5-4.

Let’s also not discount the possibility the Chiefs cannot sustain the success they’ve had early. That offense is legit but it’ll taper off at points and they don’t have the defense to compensate. I think that was one of the biggest disappointments in the game with them was the offense didn’t get after that defense, instead they allowed that defense to have a temporary breakout (compared to previous weeks performances). I’m guessing at least 2 more opponents crack 40 on them this year, and I’d like to see the Broncos be one of them.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s rare for a team to be god awful one year and then completely turn around the next year, usually it takes a few years to right the ship so I think Vance will be safe as long is the team shows improvement.

If he takes from 5-11 to 8-8 or 9-7 I think he keeps his job because the team didn’t give up on him and are still committed to playing for him as a coach.

While I’m certainly not saying that all of our problems are fixed after that embarrassment of the lost to the Jets we played the Rams close(yes the score was closer than the game actually was but we held the best offense in the NFL to 23 points) and then blew out the Cardinals so the team is playing better we’ll just have to see if they can keep it up.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I agree. though I don’t think it’s all that uncommon for teams to completely turn it around in one season. The modern day Patriots were born in an 11-5 season that followed a 5-11 season for example. A more recent example would be Andy Reid’s Chiefs, who went from 2-14 to 11-5 when he took over. Their post season success has been lacking but they have been a competitive team ever since he arrived.

The 4 game skid was awful. They looked undisciplined against the Ravens and that Jets game was just one thstyou toss out the film and forget about. But in that same stretch they held the Rams to 23 and the Chiefs to 27, both of the league’s best offenses to their lowest point totals on the season. So there’s still reason to believe this team has the pieces to put together a solid season.

I can’t wait to see how they look against the Chiefs. This one is going to be exciting and tell us a lot about what to expect in the second half of the season.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad that it looks like Von is stepping up as a true leader of this team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maholmes played like a demon a couple of weeks ago - he is playing unconscious. The laws of gravity are coming for him and the Chiefs. Go Broncos!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos can do a controlled pass rush that collapses the pocket it should help keep Mahomes from extending plays. This strategy worked against Russell Wilson in week 1. Mahomes is capable of beating Denver from the pocket but I like our chances better if he is in the pocket. Get some good hits on him like in Denver and the Defense may be able to control the KC passing game.

The D needs to want to stop Hunt. Watching Hunt push the pile time after time after time was sickening in week 4. Maybe with a little more momentum going into this game will help. 10 days of rest will not hurt.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be an OK game to see Cravens. He was brought in to help with TEs and we are playing the best TE in the division. Sounds like a great time for him to become active.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be an OK game to see Cravens. He was brought in to help with TEs and we are playing the best TE in the division. Sounds like a great time for him to become active.
I have no faith in Cravens, I question his heart

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they were playing Houston instead of KC
Ari averages 10 points a game
KC 10 points a Qtr
Not looking good.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t wait to cream them in Arrowhead.

(Sorry, I just had this cool dream a minute ago... look above)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He isn’t eligible to be activated until after week 8. So he has to sit out one more game.