• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1- Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little early but never too early.

Are you jacked up for this game?

Tired of losing to division opponents. Would be nice to start the season off with a divisional win.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Vance has an answer for Jacobs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Vance has an answer for Jacobs

Jacobs isa guy we can never seem to stop. No matter how good our D is we still can't stop him. Perhaps him coming in late this year will lessen his week 1 work load but I think we can all agree if Josh Jacobs was to walk after this season into a different division, none of us would miss playing him twice a year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure would feel good to start off the season with a division win - especially against these mooks.,

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOUBT he gets more than 12 or so carries...

LOL.

This is what I am thinking.... As a RB going through a very long season where they are going to have to depend on him a lot, tough to give him a big workload with him just getting back into the swing of things from his hold out.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOUBT he gets more than 12 or so carries...

LOL.
Your team has won 6 in a row vs the Good Guys?! That stinks and needs to stop next week. :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better hope we don't pull out Jarrett Stidham and you Aidan O'Connell that could really turn into a shootout. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between this years rooks and last years rookies let's take a look at how many undrafted guys are on the roster

Nate Adkins
Alex Palczewski
Jaleel McLaughlin
Thomas Incoom
Ja'Quan McMillian
Jalen Virgil
Brandon Johnson
Elijah Garcia- Not signed out of college by us but was undrafted and signed with us last year

9 players through 2 years drafts.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss Seth Benson

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 2 teams will be interesting - I think the Raiders have a slightly better team on paper but there’s something about them I never trust. Raiders have a better offense, Broncos have a better defense IMO. It will be an uphill battle for either of these teams to make the playoffs IMO, given how tough the division is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just looking at rosters here is how I would have it ranked...

Coach
Broncos>>Raiders--This isn't even close. How McDaniels keeps getting head coaching opportunities amazes me.
QB
Broncos=Raiders--I think this one is tough to judge. Wilson obviously through his entire career has been the better QB but have to see how he handles being with Payton and Jimmy G now being on a new team.
RB
Raiders>Broncos--Jacobs is obviously the top tier RB in this division. For this game Broncos might have an advantage because of his hold out but overall yes have to give this to Raiders
WR
Raiders>Broncos--This once again comes down to the known of the Raiders with Adams still being a top-5 guy and Broncos being banged up at the position.
OL
Broncos>Raiders--Kolton Miller is an outstanding LT but the rest of that unit looks shaky at best for the Raiders. Broncos have a lot of new pieces in place, but I trust in the talent a lot more across the board.
TE
Raiders>Broncos--I like Mayer in the draft and think he will be a nice weapon for them moving forward. Broncos have a nice mix but no one that really stands out yet.

DL
Raiders>Broncos--This is me including edge position so Crosby gets thrown in. He might be the most underrated and undertalked about super star in the league.
LB
Broncos>Raiders--Raiders might have one of the weaker back-7's in football. Broncos have 3 guys that look like quality LB's at the moment so easy pick
Secondary
Broncos>Raiders--Again that secondary for the Raiders looks rough. They are going to have to depend a ton on that DL getting pressure to be effective. Broncos might have the best CB and Safety in football so easy nod to their side.

I'll call special teams a tie because I honestly don't know a ton about the Raiders Special Teams.

Overall I give the nod to the Broncos in this one with it being at home and I do expect a much better connection between Payton and Wilson to draw up some creative stuff to attack this Raiders team. I think the first few weeks of the season especially teams are going to struggle with how Payton plans on using Wilson and will get caught a few times.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest question is how will Jimmy G respond in the Raiders system. Also, as much as we don't like him, Josh McD loads up and often has posted his best HC performances against the Broncos. Almost the same dynamic as Shanahan against the Raiders. Except Shanahan wasn't a colossal douche nozzle.

Biggest question on the Broncos end is how effectively does Payton bring it all together. Are we going to get enough out of Russell Wilson? Will our ground game be able to cary this offense?

I do think our defense will look good in this one. I get the sense there will be a lot of energy and a sense of renewed optimism in that stadium. The circumstances (replacing one of the worst HC hires in NFL history with what we hope will prove one of the best), week 1, vs the Raiders, etc. The place should be raucous. And I am hoping this team is up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley Moss was at the Iowa game today. Got a nice little cheer.

Wore my Josey Jewell to the game... Got harassed by a few Chiefs/Iowa fans who said they loved Josey but hate that he is on the "DONKEYS".

and you all wonder why I hate the Chiefs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate that Moss got hurt and had to sit out training camp. Would love to have seen what he brings to this secondary. Going to be tough for the coaches to know how much they can trust him on the field with missing it all. Good chance though the Broncos will need him to step into the lineup and hold his own.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, likely a slow start to the season for him as he works his way up there through practice reps.