• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1- Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gregory is certainly NOT Him. I’ve yet to see anything that justifies his contract

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most seasons I'd say it's hard to get too invested in the results of week 1. Take the Chiefs for example. Does anyone think they're going to look like that all year?

How about the Broncos? I feel this team is better coached at that top, but it's hard to see the way they played to a complete team loss yesterday and envision it turning around. I've had my doubts about Vance Joseph since the day he came back. While I recognize holding any NFL offense to 17 points is pretty solid, the way the game played out and the way Vance coached the defense leaves a lot to be desired.

The kicking game, an easy scapegoat, needs work. But only a simpleton blames the loss on Lutz. He's and the kicking game are just one point of failure out of many.

Russell Wilson was more efficient so that's hopeful. Can he build on that performance? Can we get just a little more out of him as the season progresses?

I certainly hope so or it's going to be another long season.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most seasons I'd say it's hard to get too invested in the results of week 1. Take the Chiefs for example. Does anyone think they're going to look like that all year?

How about the Broncos? I feel this team is better coached at that top, but it's hard to see the way they played to a complete team loss yesterday and envision it turning around. I've had my doubts about Vance Joseph since the day he came back. While I recognize holding any NFL offense to 17 points is pretty solid, the way the game played out and the way Vance coached the defense leaves a lot to be desired.

The kicking game, an easy scapegoat, needs work. But only a simpleton blames the loss on Lutz. He's and the kicking game are just one point of failure out of many.

Russell Wilson was more efficient so that's hopeful. Can he build on that performance? Can we get just a little more out of him as the season progresses?

I certainly hope so or it's going to be another long season.
All our problems are across the board and in FO too. Add to the mess it seems we lose 1 or 2 players every game. Frankly 90% of our FA signings haven't produced enough. I like Payton as a playcaller and a HC. I think RW managed the game very well but, I ask fans I think 25 mil range QB can do the same level of game management as 50 mil RW can and still lose games. Even excusing RW part should we have a 50 Mil QB on a bad roster in key spots that only wins 7 games and is never healthy 90% of the time I say NO. I can agree we need more time to see the true picture but, having so few play makers is really tough sledding in dink and dunk offense. Even losing AR the Jets are stout on D with legit weapons on O. I know it's only 1 game but, scary stuff is obvious even if you refuse to acknowledge it. Rant Over PRIME TIME

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that about like 8 people we’ve signed or drafted in the past 5 years.
True to a degree. We signed him for 5 years 70 mil. His career at that point was sporadic at best. Best year was 6 sacks. Not really an elite pass rusher like is being portrayed

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True to a degree. We signed him for 5 years 70 mil. His career at that point was sporadic at best. Best year was 6 sacks. Not really an elite pass rusher like is being portrayed
While true what other options were really out there at that time that are consistent players?

We all love Von but his body seems to be breaking down at a much quicker pace than Gregory’s, Chandler Jones has some mental issues he’s dealing with and he’s a few years removed from missing over half the season with the Cardinals but Gregory had about half as many sacks last year as Jones but 1 more FF despite playing 9 less games so he’s not lighting the world on fire either. And then you can say if we didn’t have Gregory maybe we wouldn’t have traded Chubb but if you look at him last year after the trade he was about as below average(or worse as Gregory was and had 2 more games played(.5 more sacks but 1 less FF)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "Era" of edge guys is pretty rough looking with 20/20 hindsight. We got the best contract of the bunch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely pretty much how I felt. Good game by your Raiders. They continue to surprise me when it seems like the Broncos should have an advantage somehow the Raiders just keep finding a way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely pretty much how I felt. Good game by your Raiders. They continue to surprise me when it seems like the Broncos should have an advantage somehow the Raiders just keep finding a way.
I am pretty optimistic about the game today....more than I should be honestly. The Jets showed you can run on the Bills defense and I think Jacobs will be ready to go today.

And Allen has shown he continues to make mistakes. I think our improved defense can take advantage of that.

But, it's an early game for a WC team.