• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1- Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caden Sterns out for year with PCL... I think we all knew this wasn't going to be good but in reality this is at least better then a torn ACL... Should heal easier.

Just feel bad for this guy. He just can't stay healthy and it really makes it where you can't depend on him. With Kareem's age and Sterns durability I would expect S could be an area we look at next year. I hope Turner-Yell and Skinner step it up. Turner-Yell may always be a reserve/backup guy (same with Locke) Skinner is more of a hit or miss guy. Has more upside but with Turner-Yell, Locke you get guys who fill roles.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterns was an elite true FR S then had injury issues after his FR year at Texas... Just feel awful for him.

Swords

Big Time Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obv that the Broncos were not going to allow Jacobs to run. = 2.1 ypc I think they had heard enough talk about him running all over them and wanted to put an end to it.
Nate Hobbs had 12 tackles - LOL my God
The second half Bronco O unit didn't get it done. They didn't look like the first half o. Russ was rolling out and was dangerous and then in the second half it seems as if they switched up.
The Bronco Oline is very good.
Jimmy G is a very different QB than the last guy. If this was last year w the lead and 5 mins to go - we lose this game.

Not pretty but both teams can build on this and move forward. Some questions got answered and some remain but the overall sentiment is that there are good things ahead for both.

1st place baby ;-)

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at it as if we are trying to take them out of the Caleb Williams sweepstakes.

There is a positive to everything. ;)
Maybe we should enter the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. I say that in jest but man this constant lower tier but not bad enough to get a generational player is a tough rut to get out of as a franchise.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dulchich may be a tissue paper athlete
no shots deep even if they are incomplete

WRs can’t separate

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was noticeably different in the second half. Don't know if that was Dulchich going out or what.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To back up DC's position that this team just can't figure out how to win, here is a piece from the ESPN piece on Payton:

What troubles him more is something he sees on film but isn’t sure how to fix: It’s that the Broncos, after a bad play, are discouraged on the snaps that follow. They can’t forget …

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we should enter the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. I say that in jest but man this constant lower tier but not bad enough to get a generational player is a tough rut to get out of as a franchise.

I mean.....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To back up DC's position that this team just can't figure out how to win, here is a piece from the ESPN piece on Payton:

What troubles him more is something he sees on film but isn’t sure how to fix: It’s that the Broncos, after a bad play, are discouraged on the snaps that follow. They can’t forget …

So much of football is mental... Sean Payton has got his hands full to fix this losing culture that he inherited... The excuses, the "we have to play better" quotes we see from players after game... We are tired of hearing that. That doesn't make us feel good when they say it EVERY week. Get it done. More action, less talk.

I think Payton will fix this culture and some of the guys will join him in this culture change and others won't be here past this year. Payton won't stand for it. We have solid players now we have to change the culture.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of football is mental... Sean Payton has got his hands full to fix this losing culture that he inherited... The excuses, the "we have to play better" quotes we see from players after game... We are tired of hearing that. That doesn't make us feel good when they say it EVERY week. Get it done. More action, less talk.

I think Payton will fix this culture and some of the guys will join him in this culture change and others won't be here past this year. Payton won't stand for it. We have solid players now we have to change the culture.
Who do you think won't be here in 24?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be time to hit the draft discussion talk after that game;. ;)
If Jets live up to hype we have a gauntlet of games for sure. Draft talk is always open :) It might start next Monday. Wash DL is no joke. Luckily for us we face a young QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Allen is a problem.

I like Sam Howell a lot... People made fun of him being the Commandos starter all offseason. I think he is going to be a good NFL QB. I am happy we play him Week 2 and not week 10.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, while the OL did ok by the numbers in sacks and hurries I thought they didn't play as well as the number suggested as Crosby really impacted the game well beyond sacks and hurries. Washington has a great DL so it could be problematic.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Allen is a problem.

I like Sam Howell a lot... People made fun of him being the Commandos starter all offseason. I think he is going to be a good NFL QB. I am happy we play him Week 2 and not week 10.
Haven't watched the Redskins can you give me a scouting report? I like Thurston Howell too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't watched the Redskins can you give me a scouting report? I like Thurston Howell too.

I would have to dust off my Redskins report from 5 years ago. It has been awhile since I had to scout them.

;)