• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 1- Las Vegas Raiders @ Denver Broncos

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

Bad teams find ways to lose games. I have been saying this for 4 years now but it is true.

Sean Payton inherited a losing culture and he needs to find a way to flip that. We have talent we don't know how to win. Payton is going to have to get guys to lock in mentally. Right now we are still a bad team but we are probably a better team then a year ago. We lost at home to a what I would call not so good Raiders team minus one of their best pass rushers and if losing 6 straight to them wasn't enough I don't know what else was. a few things to point out there were brutally bad about this game.

1. Dorsett wide open down the sidelines, probably scores a touchdown... Plenty of room. 9 year vet.... Can't keep his feet in bounds. Horrible mistakes by a 9 year vet of not knowing where he is on the field.
2. Kareem Jackson, we have them stopped for a 4th down. Jackson instead of just making an easy tackle he has to lead with his helmet and deliver a knock out punch to Jakobi Meyers. I think Kareem might be a repeat offender so a little nervous he could get a one game suspension.

3. Cade Sterns is done for the season and once again he suffers another injury. Dating back to college, Sterns just can't stay healthy. At this point if Jackson is suspended it means we are starting Turner-Yell next week. Who has ZERO snaps in the regular season on defense.

The good

Wilson looks much better and used better. I think Payton gives us a huge advantage to get better. He isn't ok with losing.

Now he has to turn this LOSING culture around in Denver.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things.

Bad teams find ways to lose games. I have been saying this for 4 years now but it is true.

Sean Payton inherited a losing culture and he needs to find a way to flip that. We have talent we don't know how to win. Payton is going to have to get guys to lock in mentally. Right now we are still a bad team but we are probably a better team then a year ago. We lost at home to a what I would call not so good Raiders team minus one of their best pass rushers and if losing 6 straight to them wasn't enough I don't know what else was. a few things to point out there were brutally bad about this game.

1. Dorsett wide open down the sidelines, probably scores a touchdown... Plenty of room. 9 year vet.... Can't keep his feet in bounds. Horrible mistakes by a 9 year vet of not knowing where he is on the field.
2. Kareem Jackson, we have them stopped for a 4th down. Jackson instead of just making an easy tackle he has to lead with his helmet and deliver a knock out punch to Jakobi Meyers. I think Kareem might be a repeat offender so a little nervous he could get a one game suspension.

3. Cade Sterns is done for the season and once again he suffers another injury. Dating back to college, Sterns just can't stay healthy. At this point if Jackson is suspended it means we are starting Turner-Yell next week. Who has ZERO snaps in the regular season on defense.

The good

Wilson looks much better and used better. I think Payton gives us a huge advantage to get better. He isn't ok with losing.

Now he has to turn this LOSING culture around in Denver.
It's just 1 game but I think both teams are better right now than they were last season.

And they both can get better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the one thing I regret if I am the Broncos other then the obvious is not taking more chances down the field.

Nate Hobbs played a really good game for the Raiders, btw... He was a steal for the Raiders.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few observations in a very disappointing home opener:
  • Our defense never got any pressure on Garrapolo
  • Kicking game is still a question mark
  • Two timeouts used needlessly with some confusion on the playcall. Really needed those down the stretch.
  • I would have gone for two points on our first score. If they miss, they're down by 2. If they make it, this game might have gone to overtime
  • Wilson looks better than last year
  • Stupid penalties were part of the Broncos demise
  • Perine looked pretty good and it's great to have Javonte Williams back.
  • We just lost to the Raiders for the 7th straight game. When you combine that with the losing streak to the Chiefs, it's enough to make me want to jump off a bridge.
I'm so f'ing tired of losing but I think this Broncos team can still be much better than last year. I hope Dulcich and Stearns are okay.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the one thing I regret if I am the Broncos other then the obvious is not taking more chances down the field.

Nate Hobbs played a really good game for the Raiders, btw... He was a steal for the Raiders.
He was all over the fucking place.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt bad for Sterns. He was trying not to cry as he went off the field. Dating back to his college career so many injuries. Had the 2 INT game last year and got hurt in the game and missed the rest of the year. Really sucks for him. Will be surprised if it isn't a season ender.
I heard they don't think it is the ACL but they do think it is a serious injury. May be similar to Jalen Virgil with the MCL that needs surgery. Better for long term recovery but doesn't help for this year. :(

Kareem Jackson is a repeat offender of helmet to helmet. I fear he could be suspended a game as I believe he is at that point. If that is the case we might be starting my guy Delarrin Turner-Yell next week, which makes even a fan like me nervous.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No pass rush lost this game and chasing that one point from the missed Xtra point was huge.

team does not know how to win close games. no Dogs on this team.

didn’t we lose 17-16 in last years opener

would much rather watch Deion and son. much more enjoyable 3 hours

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the defense but if we hold a team to 17 points we should win. Yes they let it down on that last drive and the Raiders moved the ball way to easily, but you can't fail to put points on the board and expect to win. The OL was abused by the Raiders and we didn't even top 300 yards in total offense. Yes, Wilson looked better but that is a pretty low bar. Very disappointing start to the season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you will about the defense but if we hold a team to 17 points we should win. Yes they let it down on that last drive and the Raiders moved the ball way to easily, but you can't fail to put points on the board and expect to win. The OL was abused by the Raiders and we didn't even top 300 yards in total offense. Yes, Wilson looked better but that is a pretty low bar. Very disappointing start to the season.
The Raiders had 261 yards.

Denver had 260.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are unquestionably better than last year.

Still - like last year - the D can't get a stop at the end with the game on the line - and the offense can't mount a drive to win when the game gets to a crucial stage.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD CU Buffs is 23 Broncos a BORING product. Our best players never step up in crunch time. Dink and Dunk O is super boring esp when nobody can break a tackle. I'd feel better if we had tons on draft picks in our pocket but, we don't. I'm glad Washington is next we might get a win.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D wasn't awful. The problem is they let the Raiders drive down slowly. IE: Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and made crucial mistakes when they needed to get off the field. I am confident we will fix those things. I would rather that then team running up and down the field on us.

We had ZERO pass rush and that needs to get better. If we have a pass rush we win this game. Just like the Chiefs/Lions game we talked about there are 20 "What ifs" that would have been the difference between winning and losing this game for both teams.

Felt like the Raiders and Broncos both had very long drives. Not a lot of big plays given up or made.

Letdown that we lost to a division opponent at home AGAIN! But some people as always are going to be a little dramatic over the loss.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D wasn't awful. The problem is they let the Raiders drive down slowly. IE: Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down and made crucial mistakes when they needed to get off the field. I am confident we will fix those things. I would rather that then team running up and down the field on us.

We had ZERO pass rush and that needs to get better. If we have a pass rush we win this game. Just like the Chiefs/Lions game we talked about there are 20 "What ifs" that would have been the difference between winning and losing this game for both teams.

Felt like the Raiders and Broncos both had very long drives. Not a lot of big plays given up or made.

Letdown that we lost to a division opponent at home AGAIN! But some people as always are going to be a little dramatic over the loss.
yes I am lol

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes I am lol

For the record. I wasn't talking about anyone here or finger pointing. I am just speaking for the general public. The way all fanbases act when their team loses. It is natural, it is upsetting, it is irritating. I was there yesterday too at times... It's frustrating losing this game after so many cruddy seasons then you go out against a division opponent, at home, week 1... Waited for the game all year and boom... 1 point loss. (AGAIN).. None of us are happy. We just need to sit back sometimes and look at the positives. I have no control over it anyway.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record. I wasn't talking about anyone here or finger pointing. I am just speaking for the general public. The way all fanbases act when their team loses. It is natural, it is upsetting, it is irritating. I was there yesterday too at times... It's frustrating losing this game after so many cruddy seasons then you go out against a division opponent, at home, week 1... Waited for the game all year and boom... 1 point loss. (AGAIN).. None of us are happy. We just need to sit back sometimes and look at the positives. I have no control over it anyway.
Losing to Josh ugh