• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that SF did not choke - I don’t really think anyone on the Niners is to blame for their loss, it was a very hard fought game where either team could’ve won, KC just executed better on some key plays and had the best QB. And yeah the Chiefs D does deserve plenty of credit, they played very well all season, this was a different looking Chiefs team in that they relied on their defense to carry them some in the regular season when their offense looked out of sync at times.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that SF did not choke - I don’t really think anyone on the Niners is to blame for their loss, it was a very hard fought game where either team could’ve won, KC just executed better on some key plays and had the best QB. And yeah the Chiefs D does deserve plenty of credit, they played very well all season, this was a different looking Chiefs team in that they relied on their defense to carry them some in the regular season when their offense looked out of sync at times.

Yup. Choke is almost always a false narrative. I can believe it with kickers because they aren't really in the flow of the game, but coaches and players are too busy to let nerves affect anything.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. It's like Joe Montana in the '80s. Those Niner defenses were insanely good, but people hardly think about them.
Too much is made of the QB position, it's super important and all but it's still a team game and anyone who uses QB wins as a meaningful stat is really missing it. Teams win, not QBs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much is made of the QB position, it's super important and all but it's still a team game and anyone who uses QB wins as a meaningful stat is really missing it. Teams win, not QBs.
It's definitely not all about the QB but I think it's clear they are incredibly important (which you kind of said). I'm pretty sure SF runs away with that game if they switch QBs and KC with Purdy all year might not win 7 games.