• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl LVIII San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting people while in a Mahomes jersey is not the way to make Patrick proud.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting people while in a Mahomes jersey is not the way to make Patrick proud.
Wow a San Francisco fan throwing stones. How's your city doing these days?

sfhomeless.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any fan who thinks this wouldn't happen in their city is delusional.
Again, that has nothing to do with what he said. Whatever, not my battle

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't fool us San Francisco 49ers, the 49 represents the number of years it will be between championships. Just another 20 years.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed they were doing the Madden thing where they would go for 2 and force the issue trying to score a TD. That's the only way that choice works. And admittedly it's a pretty good strategy in Madden. I was stunned they just rolled over for the FG. Hell of an advantage if you can get to possession 3, and it makes possession 2 hell on the opponent if you succeed as intended with 1, but Shanahan basically bought all the downside of receiving without the upside.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Shanahan felt the Chiefs defense was gassed, is why they choose to receive. It did look like they ( the Chiefs D) were pretty tired in regulation. However 49ers needed a TD when they decided to receive, a FG was better then nothing but that opens the door to giving Mahomes the opportunity to do his thing and ice the game with another clutch TD drive. Mahomes has had enough of those to know that was a bad idea.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Shanahan felt the Chiefs defense was gassed, is why they choose to receive. It did look like they ( the Chiefs D) were pretty tire in regulation. However 49ers needed a TD when they decided to receive, a FG was better then nothing but that opens the door to giving Mahomes the opportunity to do his thing and ice the game with another clutch TD drive. Mahomes has had enough of those to know that was a bad idea.
I feel like my best chance against Mahomes is keeping him out of 4 down mode. Taking the ball ensures that Mahomes whole possession = 4 down mode. Shit, dude is so good he might get it done anyway but I think that’s my best chance.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Shanahan felt the Chiefs defense was gassed, is why they choose to receive. It did look like they ( the Chiefs D) were pretty tired in regulation. However 49ers needed a TD when they decided to receive, a FG was better then nothing but that opens the door to giving Mahomes the opportunity to do his thing and ice the game with another clutch TD drive. Mahomes has had enough of those to know that was a bad idea.
I think thats where I sit with this, too. I don't see an issue with receiving as long as they get a TD. The assumption should be that both defenses are tired and both offenses should be at an advantage. I have no issue with a team going full Dan Campbell in that spot. Even though this has been Mahomes' worst year on offense, you don't give him the game winning drive opportunity against a tired defense.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a stupid reply. One situation has nothing to do with the other

Wow, I did not anticipate that @Chief Cola or anyone else would be so offended. The reason I posted that picture was because I was wondering aloud why a Chiefs fan would do this at what is supposed to be a happy event. Also, and maybe this is wrong for me to feel this way, I was relieved to see that the people involved are apparently not Niner fans. People are really crazy these days, so I didn't rule out the possibility that a crazed Niner fan would shoot people at a parade.

Yes, I do realize that people are pretty much the same anywhere you go. Shootings happen everywhere.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My first thought was that he felt that his own defense was gassed.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, both D's where sucking for oxygen, which made it important to score a TD vs a FG.

Yup. I was surprised he settled for a FG after he went for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter. He didn't take his newfound aggressiveness far enough.