• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers v. Chiefs - Super Bowl

Yosemite Sam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, a season ends with brutal injuries. So sad.

I saw it reported by David Lombardi that the Chiefs rushed unblocked 8 times, more than any game, against any offense they faced all season (and they played some <.005 dogs. I don't know how you can let Chris Jones storm Brock Purdy unblocked. That will never end well.

So, in OT, 3rd and 4, Kyle schemes open Jauan Jennings, Brandon Aiyuk and George Kittle but his offensive line scheme is TOO CUTE, crashing left like its some McCaffrey sweep left, leaving a gaping hole that Chris Jones walks through like there is a red carpet. WTF! ONE PLAY with the season on the line and Kyle doesn't ask his line to man up and hold ground for 2 second pocket. Aiyuk was SOOOO wide open. Jennings was open. But Kyle thought he needed the misdirection, which had screwed the team at least seven times earlier in the game.

For the record, I would not have taken the ball to start OT. Mahomes and Reid had the advantage of 4 downs to make a first down. That is untenable for any defense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, a season ends with brutal injuries. So sad.

I saw it reported by David Lombardi that the Chiefs rushed unblocked 8 times, more than any game, against any offense they faced all season (and they played some <.005 dogs. I don't know how you can let Chris Jones storm Brock Purdy unblocked. That will never end well.

So, in OT, 3rd and 4, Kyle schemes open Jauan Jennings, Brandon Aiyuk and George Kittle but his offensive line scheme is TOO CUTE, crashing left like its some McCaffrey sweep left, leaving a gaping hole that Chris Jones walks through like there is a red carpet. WTF! ONE PLAY with the season on the line and Kyle doesn't ask his line to man up and hold ground for 2 second pocket. Aiyuk was SOOOO wide open. Jennings was open. But Kyle thought he needed the misdirection, which had screwed the team at least seven times earlier in the game.

For the record, I would not have taken the ball to start OT. Mahomes and Reid had the advantage of 4 downs to make a first down. That is untenable for any defense.
The O-Line has been the ugly step child for Kyle since he got here. Outside of Williams, he refuses to spend any capital on the offensive trench. It was what killed the Niners against Philly last year and what killed us against KC this year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdy showed pretty well in this one. No early jitters like previous games. He made something out of nothing several times out there. It's something Jimmy could never do. He had some misses deep though, although admittedly those are low percentage passes.

The fumble has to kill CMC. He's a perfectionist and losing that ball while the team was driving for what looked like an inevitable TD will eat at him the entire offseason, maybe the rest of his career.

I question why Kittle wasn't a bigger part of our passing game plan, as the Chiefs were weaker there.

After getting barely out of the 2 previous playoff games, we finally get to the SB and our defense shows up for most of the game....and the ST shits the bed. Figures. The touched punt was just bad luck combined with RayRay not doing enough to recover the ball imo. The missed PAT was just bad technique by the rookie kicker--the 2nd time he's cost us, but that is what comes with rookie kickers. You better be prepared to roll with him for a couple of shaky years.

I hated the 3rd quarter playcalling--after the run dominated in the first half, the offense comes out in the 3rd and passes for 2 straight (short) drives. Smh.

Think about this--think of all the mistakes the Niners made, the missed PAT, the touched punt, the horrendous 3rd quarter playcalling, the odd blocking assignments at times, the missed receivers deep--we STILL had a chance to win that game.

I wasn't a fan of Romo in the booth. He's not nearly as good as he was early in his broadcasting career.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I left for vacation right after the SB and good thing, took my mind a little bit away, ugh!

No details and just wanted to say IMO its all on the offense. When you fail to score more than 20 points, you deserve lose. While KC does have a good defense, today's offense should still score against any D.

No excuse especially since our offense is #1 in the NFL.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“My text I sent to Bill right then is: This is the first time in the National Football League history the right call on winning the coin toss is, ‘We want to kick. We want to kick. We want to go on defense first,’” Adams said, via MassLive.com. “The big reason: You know what you need and you know that you’re in four-down territory all the way because if it comes up fourth down, you can go for it. If you know you’re going to be going for it on fourth down, that changes the way you can call the game on first, second and third down.”

That’s not what 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan thought. Shanahan chose to receive at the start of overtime, saying that was a decision the 49ers made at the start of the playoffs and saw no reason to change.

Adams said it’s better to let the other team go first and that way you know if you need a touchdown or a field goal to win.

I disagree, the 49ers should've just scored the TD in OT.