• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they were playing Houston instead of KC
Ari averages 10 points a game
KC 10 points a Qtr
Not looking good.

It’s probably the best time we could ask for to play KC on the road.

Coming off a beat down win with 10 days of rest to prepare. (Little more confidence for us)

Getting KC in Arrowhead in October (Not Nov or Dec)

Doesn’t mean we have much of a chance but at least we have a few good things going here compared to the other weeks we could be playing in Arrowhead.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mulhorn will screw this one up.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the statistical rankings going into the game on Sunday:
Denver Broncos:
Total Offense: 14th with 376.4 yards per game.
Rushing: 8th with 125.1 yards per game.
Passing: 19th with 251.3 yards per game.
Scoring: 19th with 23.6 points per game.

Total Defense: 22nd with 378.0 yards per game.
Rushing: 31st with 148.1 yards per game.
Passing: 10th with 229.9 yards per game.
Scoring: 13th 23.4 points per game.

Turnover differential: Tied at 11th with +2.

Kansas City Chiefs:
Total Offense: 2nd with 445.3 yards per game.
Rushing: 10th with 124.3 yards per game.
Passing: 5th with 313.1 yards per game.
Scoring: 1st with 37.1 points per game.

Total Defense: 32nd with 435.4 yards per game.
Rushing: 21st with 118.9 yards per game.
Passing: 31st with 316.6 yards per game.
Scoring: 22nd with 26.0 points per game.

Turnover differential: 7th with +4.

Since these two teams played 4 weeks ago lets look at the box score from that game:
Denver:
Total Offense: 385 yards
Rushing: 159 yards
Passing: 226 yards
Scoring: 23
Turnovers: 1

Kansas City Chiefs:
Total Offense: 446 yards
Rushing: 304 yards
Passing: 142 yards
Scoring: 27
Turnovers: 0

Both offenses had a balanced attack with passing and rushing. Hopefully Freeman is able to go that will be good for the rush offense to have a bigger back to compliment Lindsay. I think Freeman may get fewer touches due to the ankle however. Denver did get a big win last week and has had 10 days to rest and recover.

Denver is still the only team to keep KC to less then 30 points a game. If Hunt doesn't get as many yards after contact and we don't let Mahomes escape the pocket the defense has a good chance of keeping Denver in the game. The Bengals thought there were chances to pick Mahomes and they got him once. I didn't watch a lot of the game, but I saw them drop an INT in the red zone. Getting a couple of turnovers would definitely increase the chances of victory. I think Denver will be able to hit Mahomes and that seemed to rattle him in Denver.

On offense there will be there will be chances to get yards and put up points. Sunday would be great day for the first game without a turnover.

This should be another good game to watch as a casual fan, but could be an edge of your seat game from a fans stand point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist I'm getting from the blowback of the KC@DEN game is that the DEN@KC game is going to be about coaching. Denver is getting their 3rd game against Mahomes and they also play after Bellichick got his first crack against Mahomes. People talk about Andy Reid teams getting solved but we're at the point where teams need to start solving or else the Chiefs might actually be pretty darn good this year.

That said, its still going to be a game about running the football for both teams. KC had maybe the worst run defense I've ever seen when they played last month but they also really took it to Denver on the other end. Both teams are probably going to focus in on that.

I think if KC beats Denver then its probably a killshot for the Broncos season as the Chargers and Chiefs would both look like they're heading towards a playoff trajectory. If Denver wins then I think we're having a completely different conversation.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like @Clayton and some of the other Chiefs fans here take the fun out of hating on the Chiefs!

Outside of the Pats game the Chiefs defense has actually performed well in the last 4 games in the singlet most important category: scoring. That includes holding the Broncos to 23 and demolishing a solid Bengals team. If they’re on an upward trajectory it’ll be hard to knock the Chiefs off.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the Pats game the Chiefs defense has actually performed well in the last 4 games in the singlet most important category: scoring. That includes holding the Broncos to 23 and demolishing a solid Bengals team. If they’re on an upward trajectory it’ll be hard to knock the Chiefs off.
Lies, darn lies and statistics. The Chiefs defense was awful against the Broncos. You guys just missed the game winning throw at the end.

Now the Chiefs D was really good against the Bengals. The first time in the season when they've been above average imo.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With trade rumors starting to die down and Chad Kelly now out, it's nice to finally start to think about football. One of the biggest games of the year awaits the Broncos on Sunday.

I'm most interested to see what the Broncos learned from their first match-up. They were close to containing Mahomes for much of the game but that guy is slippery and always seemed to just get out of harm's way in time. He's really quite impressive and will be a thorn in our sides for many years. Can they keep him in the pocket this game? Not that doing so will prevent him from success but his explosive plays all seem to come from outside the pocket. A sack or two would be incredible.

Hunt ran wild last week, so the Broncos can't afford to let him become the next 200 yard rusher. I do think they'll hold him back some but the guy will get his yards.

Tyreek Hill and Kelce are big problems for the Broncos. They did a good job of limiting Hill last game but Kelce is problematic for our defense. KC presents so many weapons and Reid knows how to use them. Playing at Arrowhead is always tough, so this lines up as by far the most challenging game for the Broncos all year.

Have this week's distractions galvanized the Broncos to play for each other and shock the world? We'll see but they've picked a hell of an opponent to practice that on if true. I think the Chiefs are going to get their points. The only shot the Broncos have is if our offense is on fire. I'm worried about a limited Freeman but Lindsay should get his yards too. The Chiefs defense has really stepped up their game the last few weeks, so more challenges abound. Keenum needs to play a clean game and make a few explosive plays of his own, while methodically leading the offense down the field. Hopefully, more Sutton TD's in the end zone await us in the future.

Our best shot is to jump out to an early lead that allows us to run the ball, silence the crowd and keep Mahomes on the bench. That's a tall order but it's why they play the games! Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lies, darn lies and statistics. The Chiefs defense was awful against the Broncos. You guys just missed the game winning throw at the end.

Now the Chiefs D was really good against the Bengals. The first time in the season when they've been above average imo.

Yeah I was gonna say the Chiefs D vs Denver last game was pretty pitiful.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Freeman and Darian Stewart ruled out.

Von Miller questionable but will go and is not anything to worry about VJ says.

Shane Ray is doubtful.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veldheer out again too and looks like DeSean Hamilton can't go this week.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by Hamilton, Stewart, or Freeman. Hamilton probably out until after the bye if I had to guess. Hoping Stewart and Freeman come back next week.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray out to make sure he doesn't injure himself for the pending trade. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver apparently has one of the toughest protocols to pass concussion test. Being bery careful with Veldheer like we wre with Okung a fee years back.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist I'm getting from the blowback of the KC@DEN game is that the DEN@KC game is going to be about coaching. Denver is getting their 3rd game against Mahomes and they also play after Bellichick got his first crack against Mahomes. People talk about Andy Reid teams getting solved but we're at the point where teams need to start solving or else the Chiefs might actually be pretty darn good this year.

That said, its still going to be a game about running the football for both teams. KC had maybe the worst run defense I've ever seen when they played last month but they also really took it to Denver on the other end. Both teams are probably going to focus in on that.

I think if KC beats Denver then its probably a killshot for the Broncos season as the Chargers and Chiefs would both look like they're heading towards a playoff trajectory. If Denver wins then I think we're having a completely different conversation.

Despite what DC says - this is spot the "F" on.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman has a high ankle sprang That is not going away any time soon. This coach needs to stop acting like that is not a long lasting problem.

OL and NT can play with that not RB's

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. meanwhile in Carolina, CJ Anderson's six game rushing total is 84 yards

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for a season changing upset today. It’s going to be a huge task though. Broncos are going to need a perfect game and not defeat themselves. Or outsmart themselves. (That means run the ball and pass off of play action!)

Go Broncos!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the outcome of this game.....Thomas could be traded by the deadline.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if they can win....but I have the Broncos +9.5.

That spread is too much in a rivalry game like this. Took the Broncos and the points and it paid off last time.