• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to give up on Dulcich. He's been such a disappointment.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense gave us a winnable game. Our offense couldn't capitalize. Simple as that.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense needs a little more time. Come on, Broncs!

Yeah, absolutely need patience. This team has very few established guys. A lot of the guys are 1st, 2nd, 3rd year guys.

We’ve got a lot of players that are still in the prove you’re an NFL level talent stage of their career. This team is gonna take time to find their identity, especially in a stacked AFC.

Gotta go with the flow…

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with the flow…

Season 2 Showtime GIF by The L Word: Generation Q

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, absolutely need patience. This team has very few established guys. A lot of the guys are 1st, 2nd, 3rd year guys.

We’ve got a lot of players that are still in the prove you’re an NFL level talent stage of their career. This team is gonna take time to find their identity, especially in a stacked AFC.

Gotta go with the flow…
The reality is, we’re probably still an off-season (or 2) of personnel maneuvering away from being competitive. We need to find a few more playmakers.

I’m still looking for improvement this year ….as the most important guy on the field adjusts to the NFL.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game gents. Don’t think either team played a good game. Both defenses played well, but neither offense did much of anything.

Tomlin finally got his first win against Payton. So there’s that

Good luck moving forward. :suds:

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook em horns.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello,

My name is Draft Crazy and my NFL team still sucks ass.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough week again. Defense turned in a winnable performance (I think they did last week too) but our offense still has a long way to go.

I felt some optimism leading up to this but also can’t say I’m surprised. We are still better off than 0-2 a year ago because we were going nowhere with Wilson. We at least have some hope that Nix will develop.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the War Eagle Bo Nix so far. Certainly not what we were sold on. Accuracy and decision making are issues and that was supposed to be his calling card. Hopefully the Duck Bo Nix emerges over the season. Frustrating but he needs the season. The OL though............ I will just leave it at that...................

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got the War Eagle Bo Nix so far. Certainly not what we were sold on. Accuracy and decision making are issues and that was supposed to be his calling card. Hopefully the Duck Bo Nix emerges over the season. Frustrating but he needs the season. The OL though............ I will just leave it at that...................

He will. Even when he looked great in the pre-season, as happy as I was to see that, and as much as I hoped it would translate into regular season, I considered this a real possibility. From college to pro is a huge adjustment. From pre-season to real season is a huge adjustment. We got our hopes up and even I prefer optimism. But if this proves to be a transitional year so be it. As long as we have direction. We're in cap hell and until this past year we were in draft hell. This team is on the brink though. Will the front office be patient? I hope so. I know the fans won't be, but I do think Payton can turn the corner with this rebuild. And I still think we're going to see signs of it as this season progresses.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main issue I saw is Nix leads the team in rushing with 60 yards. That’s the biggest indicator of why the Offense is awful. No rookie QB is gonna succeed when Defenses know it’s a pass play and don’t have to worry about being ran on.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed with the offense against the Steelers.

I do not think these first two games - that Sean Payton had "winning" the game has his highest goal. I say that because very few plays better suited for the talents that Nix brings are called to be run. I think Payton is still on a crash course to toss his QB in the pool to see how fast he learns to swim. If the run game performed and the receivers haven't dropped so many balls - Nix would look completely different to us right now.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One feeds the other. Look out blocks and dumbass penalties create a need to pass, which means more pressure and exotic coverages. That means shorter routes and check downs, which means longer third downs and the elimination of play action passing. Its a brutal cycle we've seen all too much of lately.