• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Broncos are going ot have to take some chances with the young guys like Mims and Franklin sooner than later. Sutton, Reynolds, and Vele are not YAC type guys and in this quick hitting offense you need someone that can make one guy miss. I think that is why McGlaughlin got so much run in game one but he didn't live up to the hype of being the big play hitter.

Otherwise with this one need to commit to Javonte in the run game and take some of the steam out of that pass rush. And please please Sean Payton do not leave McGlinchey on an island the entire game against TJ Watt.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the Broncos are going ot have to take some chances with the young guys like Mims and Franklin sooner than later. Sutton, Reynolds, and Vele are not YAC type guys and in this quick hitting offense you need someone that can make one guy miss. I think that is why McGlaughlin got so much run in game one but he didn't live up to the hype of being the big play hitter.

Otherwise with this one need to commit to Javonte in the run game and take some of the steam out of that pass rush. And please please Sean Payton do not leave McGlinchey on an island the entire game against TJ Watt.
McGlinchey is who I thought he was as a pass protector, not a very good one. A whole lot of money tied up on a decent, but not elite run blocker

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Vele probably misses this week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey is who I thought he was as a pass protector, not a very good one. A whole lot of money tied up on a decent, but not elite run blocker

That is the unfortunate truth. Great RT's are not making it to the market. McGlinchey is decent but not to the level his contract suggests. And him going against a guy like Watt is just asking for trouble. Broncos better have a better game plan. I get there will be a few 1-on-1's that have to happen just to make your offense function. Have those be the quick hitters where you need receivers getting into routes quickly.

I would also run right at him in the running game. He is too smart chasing down the run play backside without being blocked. Atlanta tried that a lot and he was right there to blow up the run play in the backfield. He will still make plays if you run at him but it probably won't be the negative plays like we saw this past week when they played Atlanta.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike most RT’s we have signed in the last 15 years he stays healthy. He isn’t great but isn’t bad.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey isn't good at all IMO. Average at best in run blocking and downright bad at pass pro. Our two OL signings last year are kinda busts and we are stuck with McGlinchey for this year and next and even after that its a big dead cap hit. Watt will have a day against this OL regardless of where he lines up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really isn't bad. Surely isn't great though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I just repeat myself? ;)

Bad is Elijah Wilkinson, Maliek Watson, Jauwan James, Donald Stephenson.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen well my children and I will explain.

McGlinchey is above average for RT if the Broncos execute Sean Payton's offense. The Payton offense has three parts - 1/3 rushes - 1/3 passes near the line of scrimmage and 1/3 deep drop passing. Payton wants to get to 3rd and short or to a 1st down - using a rush or a short LOS pass. In both of those elements of the Payton offense -the rush and the short pass - call for the run block - only the 1/3 deep pass game calls for pass pro. The rush game and the short passing game has to work to set up the deep pass success.

Russ Wilson was taking the short LOS passing game and turning them into scramble long passing - crossing the OL up who began with the run block technique - and then had to switch to pass pro - after the DL - who has better vision on the ball already knew where Wilson was.
Bo Nix will execute that - which will make the Oline blocking much more efficient. In the NFL game as currently played - Payton's offense also relies on the QB reading the defense and switching the plays to the weakness of the defense. Seattle actually showed 4 different zone pass defense schemes on the same play - at times. In other words, Seattle showed Nix up to 4 clues to decipher when he was used to reading one or two clues to the defense. Seattle had extra time to set this up since it was game one - after the preseason and the roster cuts - plue they had a new HC who was a successful DC.

In the Seattle game - it wasn't McGlinchey who help lose the game - the skill player had no yards after catch - or after being fit first. The Seahawks tackled as well as I've seen in the NFL in some time. We will definitely see the fullback in the play book this week.

Anyway - McGlinchey was contracted because his skills fit the offense when it works - and he looks lost when the offense sputters.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McGlinchey is above average for RT if the Broncos execute Sean Payton's offense. The Payton offense has three parts - 1/3 rushes - 1/3 passes near the line of scrimmage and 1/3 deep drop passing. Payton wants to get to 3rd and short or to a 1st down - using a rush or a short LOS pass. In both of those elements of the Payton offense -the rush and the short pass - call for the run block - only the 1/3 deep pass game calls for pass pro. The rush game and the short passing game has to work to set up the deep pass success.

Russ Wilson was taking the short LOS passing game and turning them into scramble long passing - crossing the OL up who began with the run block technique - and then had to switch to pass pro - after the DL - who has better vision on the ball already knew where Wilson was.
Bo Nix will execute that - which will make the Oline blocking much more efficient. In the NFL game as currently played - Payton's offense also relies on the QB reading the defense and switching the plays to the weakness of the defense. Seattle actually showed 4 different zone pass defense schemes on the same play - at times. In other words, Seattle showed Nix up to 4 clues to decipher when he was used to reading one or two clues to the defense. Seattle had extra time to set this up since it was game one - after the preseason and the roster cuts - plue they had a new HC who was a successful DC.

In the Seattle game - it wasn't McGlinchey who help lose the game - the skill player had no yards after catch - or after being fit first. The Seahawks tackled as well as I've seen in the NFL in some time. We will definitely see the fullback in the play book this week.

Anyway - McGlinchey was contracted because his skills fit the offense when it works - and he looks lost when the offense sputters.
Tl;dr: McGlinchey has a special set of skills.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good post here.

Yeah. I agree with this.

I don't get all the hate for McGlinchey. Sure he isn't an elite OT.. Sure, we overpaid him (Didn't we know this when we signed him though?) we had the worst OL in the NFL and he was on the 9ers. We had to over pay at that time but the guy is a decent RT.

That's what cruddy teams with poor OL have to do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy gameday.

Tyler Badie and Lil J do nothing Humphrey both elevated today.

Will likely mean Watson is inactive. Franklin still should be active since Vele is out but probably means he doesn't get many reps.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were oh Were is Toney Jones for the last forever for this Broncos Team

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought Bo Nix sucked his first game as a Duck....Every thing changed the next Game.

I got this feeling he is going to be on this game and no 3 step drops on 5 step called plays. He don't make mistakes twice . I believe he will redeem him self. We have the 12th man this week . that should also help.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it Steelers travel well

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Franklin Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see 60 yard Td From him.