• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went in expecting a campy, silly romp.
For me, I thought Huntress stole the show with her origin story and basically any scene she was involved in.
I went in thinking it was going to be bad, but not THAT bad. I expected the colors, the girl power message, spotty acting and some silly writing... like I was expecting a bad movie lol.

But not only did we get the colors (which aren't inherently bad, but were wildly overused), as well as the dumb racial and sexist message, and the spotty acting (McGregor might have been the worst too because of expectations), but we got some pretty piss poor CGI effects for a big budget movie (come to think of it, Suicide Squad had awful effects as well), beyond silly writing, and action scenes that not only made no sense, but a lot of which were poorly executed and blatantly unbelievable. I found this movie insulting.

Happy I only wasted time and not money on this.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went in thinking it was going to be bad, but not THAT bad. I expected the colors, the girl power message, spotty acting and some silly writing... like I was expecting a bad movie lol.

But not only did we get the colors (which aren't inherently bad, but were wildly overused), as well as the dumb racial and sexist message, and the spotty acting (McGregor might have been the worst too because of expectations), but we got some pretty piss poor CGI effects for a big budget movie (come to think of it, Suicide Squad had awful effects as well), beyond silly writing, and action scenes that not only made no sense, but a lot of which were poorly executed and blatantly unbelievable. I found this movie insulting.

Happy I only wasted time and not money on this.
Still better than ww84.....

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah its a movie not to be taken too seriously and I was entertained, I will have the same expectation to the new suicide squad movie where it will be entertaining and wacky.

Now for that new garbage wonder woman movie obviously WW should be taken more seriously than Harley Quinn and with that expectation its where it failed.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still better than ww84.....
Yeah... actually no. This was worse than WW84. Both had similar problems, but Wiig, Pine, Pascal.... are good actors. WW84 also had better CGI, not a ton better... but better. Story and writing were both awful. WW84 had better cinematography. The action scenes were better as well even though there weren't nearly as many.

If I was forced to watch one again, it would be WW84 over BoP. But I do think that BoP replaced Suicide Squad as the worst DC movie I have seen. I hear Catwoman is the worst, but I have never seen that one.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... actually no. This was worse than WW84. Both had similar problems, but Wiig, Pine, Pascal.... are good actors. WW84 also had better CGI, not a ton better... but better. Story and writing were both awful. WW84 had better cinematography. The action scenes were better as well even though there weren't nearly as many.

If I was forced to watch one again, it would be WW84 over BoP. But I do think that BoP replaced Suicide Squad as the worst DC movie I have seen. I hear Catwoman is the worst, but I have never seen that one.

I haven't seen it, but it can't be worse than Schumacher's Batman movies...

"Ice to see you"

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen it, but it can't be worse than Schumacher's Batman movies...

"Ice to see you"
I would rather watch Batman and Robin again before this, but that's me.

"What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!!" - oh fuckin Arnold... classic one-liners.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather watch Batman and Robin again before this, but that's me.

"What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!!" - oh fuckin Arnold... classic one-liners.

LOL, turns out that the "Ice to see you" pun was said by McBain on The Simpsons, not by Ahnold, and it was done years before Ahnold played Mr Freeze. LOL, The Simpsons writers were geniuses.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on this, and I am a DC fanboy, I liked the movie, but definately the weakest of the DCU movies. I think this was attempting to be DC's answer to Deadpool, with the over the top violence and R rating and by doing that, it failed miserably.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on this, and I am a DC fanboy, I liked the movie, but definately the weakest of the DCU movies. I think this was attempting to be DC's answer to Deadpool, with the over the top violence and R rating and by doing that, it failed miserably.
"I liked it"

"It failed miserably"

unsure james franco GIF

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen Catwoman so Idk how truly bad that is. But yes, I think this was probably the worst DC movie I have seen and I thought Suicide Squad really bad too.

Sucks because I think Margot Robbie is a solid actress and incredibly attractive, but this movie so just Godawful start to finish. Seriously, am I the only one that thought the fight scenes were hot garabge? I seriously meant when I said that they looked like a really bad pro wrestling match. It was honestly shameful for a movie with this budget.