• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first Hulk movie (2003), at $62.1 million, had a better opening weekend than The Incredible Hulk (2008), at $55.4 million.

I never saw the first one, but heard it was bad. It probably dampened people's desire to go watch the second one.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks terrible. They are targeting this movie to <10% of the population.

I don’t know if that was the intention though. It wasn’t all Captain Marvel and actually had one funny political joke in it. But mostly it was just a dumb movie because Harley couldn’t hold a story herself and Canary and the other two didn’t really have a story to get you excited nor really did McGregor. I’d say it’d be a solid B- movie had no one going to see the movie know anything about the Batman Universe.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible

Nothing works in this movie and the production value is shit.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible

Nothing works in this movie and the production value is shit.
yeah, i caught it now that there was a version with hangul subtitles out there too...

drags to begin. why start out with an X days before this happened when there's no reason to? that just bothered me from the start. I didn't even think of the production until later on when I started to pay a bit more attention. in whatever i guess was harley's lair, i was like, okay, this i'm kind of digging this vibe, bit cartoonish or what not... then they went into the fight scene with it, god was that awful. i don't know if i'm becoming hypersensitive how they're telegraphed (John Wick 3 just looked so bad to me in this department too.) But man, they were so bad. think i would have preferred if it was a focus on the mary elizabeth winstead character, but then that probably would have been labeled as some kind of female batman arc.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great movie aside from the blatant racism against white people.

Little klepto girl says "You're not the only one ripping off old rich white people"

Completely unnecessary to the dialogue and left a bad taste in my mouth to a otherwise great movie.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Mediocre at best.

The fxs and the action are good. Visuals are very good.

The acting is generally passable considering the material and genre.

To me the biggest issue is the characters. As in so many movies/shows these days there isn't a single likeable protagonist in this movie.

Add to it that bad guy Ewan is just so non-descript in every aspect. Even his mental issues came off generic.

A hard 5. Right in the middle, which isn't a positive considering that it was a big budget release. Watch it late at night on some cable channel a year or so from now if you have to.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why bother watching it at all?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was terrible. It made Suicide Squad look good. Like @wazzu31 said, Harley's plot line couldn't carry the movie and the rest of the cast was oh so forgettable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds of Prey: And the blah blah blah (2020)

Just awful. Not even worth talking about, other than to point out how bad it was in hopes that others avoid it. Where's @BigDGarciaFan at when you need him.

Wrote this quote above in the "Last Movie You Watched" thread...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it. Surprised at some of the responses here. Obviously its not a movie that should be really taken serious, but I thought it was pretty fun. No complaints from me.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed it. Surprised at some of the responses here. Obviously its not a movie that should be really taken serious, but I thought it was pretty fun. No complaints from me.
I liked it.
Campy fun.
Thought Huntress stole the movie with her awkwardness.
MEW is sneaky hot.

mary elizabeth winstead GIF

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it.
Campy fun.
Thought Huntress stole the movie with her awkwardness.
MEW is sneaky hot.

mary elizabeth winstead GIF
Shit didn't realize that's who that was! Loved her in Scott Pilgrim.

But yes, campy fun, not meant to be serious. I loved how cartoony it was at times

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great movie aside from the blatant racism against white people.

Little klepto girl says "You're not the only one ripping off old rich white people"

Completely unnecessary to the dialogue and left a bad taste in my mouth to a otherwise great movie.
giphy.gif

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion, but for the life of me I will never understand that lol.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine....

I am 45 minutes into Birds of Prey and this movie is fucking awful (still watching as I am typing this). It is incredibly annoying that movies get good reviews or praise based on its political or social message. Putting that silly fucking girl power message aside, this movie is still hot garbage. The acting is lacking, the action fight scenes feel like a BAD professional wrestling match, the story, as well as the writing and character arcs, are incredibly bad. It is as if DC regressed and went back to making the Kilmer and Clooney style batmans. It's all about bright colors.

I know some people have seen this and provided their review, please tell me ONE redeeming quality of this film aside from production value (even though quality is lacking in some points) and Margot Robbie being the beauty she is. Honestly, this is probably the worst blockbuster-style movie I have seen in a long while.

As of right now, 3 out of 10.

From last night to this morning... that did not change. Hot garbage of a movie. In what world would any self-respecting movie critic give this a positive review and so many in fact to have it be certified fresh in the 70 percent range. Just shows how ridiculous these political/social messages are and how bogus Hollywood is about them and promote them.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine....

I am 45 minutes into Birds of Prey and this movie is fucking awful (still watching as I am typing this). It is incredibly annoying that movies get good reviews or praise based on its political or social message. Putting that silly fucking girl power message aside, this movie is still hot garbage. The acting is lacking, the action fight scenes feel like a BAD professional wrestling match, the story, as well as the writing and character arcs, are incredibly bad. It is as if DC regressed and went back to making the Kilmer and Clooney style batmans. It's all about bright colors.

I know some people have seen this and provided their review, please tell me ONE redeeming quality of this film aside from production value (even though quality is lacking in some points) and Margot Robbie being the beauty she is. Honestly, this is probably the worst blockbuster-style movie I have seen in a long while.

As of right now, 3 out of 10.

From last night to this morning... that did not change. Hot garbage of a movie. In what world would any self-respecting movie critic give this a positive review and so many in fact to have it be certified fresh in the 70 percent range. Just shows how ridiculous these political/social messages are and how bogus Hollywood is about them and promote them.
I went in expecting a campy, silly romp.
For me, I thought Huntress stole the show with her origin story and basically any scene she was involved in.