• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wonder Woman 2: 1984 (2020)

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh... it was nice to watch a blockbuster movie for free LEGALLY...

but i definitely agree, the movie was very lackluster... which was extremely disappointing since the first was so good, and i love superhero movies...

not sure if it was the writing that was the trouble or the source material choice... this movie had the MAGIC problem and never got over it, or surpassed it...
Agree with this.
Flying and lassoing clouds and lightning and other objects way off in the distance was like Leia turning into Mary Poppins.
Just didn't feel right.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked the first WW.
Gal Godot is fucking smoking hot.
It was going along ok for a while there, not great by any means; but it was building momentum.
But Jesus wtf happened?
In like 3 minutes screen time WW went from swinging from things with her whip like Spiderman, to lassoing a 747 at 30k feet, to somehow lassoing lightning and swinging from that, to then just throwing her whip in the air and not needing it to anchor anything. But then she could just fly anyways?
And Kristen Wiiggs character was killing it i thought. She was the highlight of the movie. And then she turned into a cat? That came 100% out of left field and had no foreshadowing or explanation. She was a people one second and then a cat with a ttail and ererything the next second?

Wow was this movie badly written.
She wanted to be the Apex predator. Unique.
Agree that it was lazy writing.

Pedro Pascal's character and his ability with the stone were also lazily written.
It's like they came up with the actions sequences and just decided to fill in around them.
Like GoT S8.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you can prevent forest fires....err I mean save the world. Just renounce your wish from the love of your heart and we can all live in peace and harmony. :puke:

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhmmmm, not sure what to say on this one.
A disjointed mess?
Terrible writing?
I just hope this isn't a reflection of Patty Jenkins as the first WW was a good flick.
I sure hope she has better material with the Star Wars universe.
2.5 hours was numbingly long.
3.5/10 and that might be generous.
Curious to hear what others thought.
I'll google it, but what is she slated to run in the SW universe?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks folks. I won't bother then. I like the first WW alright but it wasn't great. No need to waste 2 hours on this one I guess.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and for those confused about the turning into a cat thing.....cheetah was always ww main nemesis but if you had no idea about that it does just seem confusing in the movie

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't get this outta my head during the entire WW v. Cheetah battle.
8jJyDKa.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Shit.

I was actually looking forward to watching this this weekend. Now I am not sure I will bother, even though I can watch for free.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah this movie was a cliche money grabbing bust. So much bad, very little good. I would still give it a 4-5 out of 10. It had solid production, decent acting and ok camera work and cinematography... plus it had Gadot, who is very beautiful and Wiig is pretty cute too. Story was below average, but not as bad as other DC movies lol. A lot of scenes and dialogue didn't seem to make sense and had terrible jokes. It was as if it was made by a gen Z person with no concept of history. Really poor attempt.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and for those confused about the turning into a cat thing.....cheetah was always ww main nemesis but if you had no idea about that it does just seem confusing in the movie
Well I knew about Cheetah, And even knew it was supposed to be Barbara Minerva I recognized the name right away. But she just wasn't foreshadowed or anything to be a cat in this movie. So it just kind of happened because they wanted it to happen. It would have made just as much sense to have kristen Wiig turn into darth vader there and fight WW. Sure it would sound cool on paper but if there's no plot related story for it it's just stupid.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I knew about Cheetah, And even knew it was supposed to be Barbara Minerva I recognized the name right away. But she just wasn't foreshadowed or anything to be a cat in this movie. So it just kind of happened because they wanted it to happen. It would have made just as much sense to have kristen Wiig turn into darth vader there and fight WW. Sure it would sound cool on paper but if there's no plot related story for it it's just stupid.
Yeah, wtf was that about. She said she wanted to be an apex predator and in the next scene she looks like she should have been cast in Cats. I thought I missed something, but by this point in the movie, my mind was made up that this was a bad movie so I didn't really care.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute GARBAGE IMO!

The opening scenes made me think it would be decent but I do not think it was. The villian was good but overall bad, just bad

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've just kept going with the Themyscira olympics at the open. Best part of the movie. All downhill after that.

Yeah I really thought it was going to go more into her back story... Then wham.... Complete 180. I did not like the movie at all and it is getting ripped online as it should

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a bullshit movie that rightly should be released on the internet for the world to pirate and watch for free. Seriously there is millions of dollars being exchanged to make these movies and it was so obvious that this movie was crap. They deserve every bit of this loss because people will not be hired again if their work doesn't make good money. This is why Tom Cruise or Will Smith level actors will always have their way on how they do things because its their image and brand that takes a hit when a movie tanks. If DC wasn't trying to do this DC universe like Marvel this would probably be Gal Gadots last go as Wonder Woman as there would be no appetite to make a 3rd movie after this failure.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly was I suppose to get out of this movie cause it was all over the place?