• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suicide Squad 2: The Suicide Squad (2021)

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad that half the big names they put on a lot of their marketing posters were gone from the movie in the first 30 mins, though.

Again, that is the kind of thing I expect from the DC movies.

Box office is very disappointing I'm reading, despite the good reviews. I wonder when they're going to rethink the simultaneous HBOMax releases.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Box office is very disappointing I'm reading, despite the good reviews. I wonder when they're going to rethink the simultaneous HBOMax releases.
I would not have watched it at all if not for HBOMax. But at least with the HBOMax variable, they can make arguments that the movie didn’t do that bad. They can lie to themselves and tell them that without Covid, I would have gone to the theater instead of watched for free at home.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though it was weird that although some characters returned, there was zero reference to the first movie. LIke what happened to the guy who torched everything?

El Diablo died at the end of the first Suicide Squad movie.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found it weird, that in the first you had actual DC villains that we have all heard of...

this one went the opposite... only King shark was a popular villain outside of Harley...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I gotta eat crow on my initial response, because this film was FANTASTIC.

I haven't had this much fun in a super'hero' movie in.... like a decade?

The plot was great, they did do a little bit of my suggestion about a prison breakin (just a lab facility). That said, the pacing, direction, and introduction to new characters was SPOT ON. I don't need another fuckin' ORIGIN story. Just introduce us the characters and have us learn about them THROUGH THE ACTING AND STORY.

King Shark: Obviously a little slow but has a soft heart deep down and wants friends. Likely has never had many human friends.
Bloodsport: Some daughter issues, but cares about the team and you actually SEE the transition to a leader. He originally starts out pretty disinterested but starts taking charge with getting the main villain, rescuing Harley, and leading the final battle. We're not just TOLD, we're shown.
Harley: I mean Margot of course kills it, but I was FULLY anticipating her getting out of the situation, and the movie did not disappoint. Gunn 100% NAILED her character. She's an escape artist, manipulator, and ruthlessly violent in the comics/video games, PUT IT THE FUCK ON SCREEN.
Ratcatcher: AMAZING backstory for a character we have never seen. Sympathetic to people and the situation which makes PERFECT sense if you're sympathetic to rats. Her final scene was amazing and MADE sense... if you could actually control rats that way it'd be an extremely deadly power.
Polka Dot: LMAO. I mean... the Milton thing still has me in stitches, and the Mom complex LOL. A little bit of comedic relief but it was done correctly.
Peacemaker: Kind of a second antagonist but it was done right. Loved the playful banter between him and Bloodsport.

Point being, ALL of the characters in 'THE Suicide Squad' (seriously a little groan) I understand and know about WAY more than any crap Marvel has released in the last 5+ years. I can describe ALL of the main characters, what their personalities are, and relate in some way, shape, form.

The music was top notch, the action was easy to follow and not quick action cuts or disjointed. Harley's scene was beyond epic. Ratcatcher's ending scene again was epic. HEY DISNEY, THIS IS HOW YOU WRITE 'STRONG/POWERFUL' FEMALE CHARACTERS. ENOUGH with your Hollyweird bullshit.

10/10... I will EASILY be re-watching this in the future (already re-watched once lol).

Last edited:

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am no prude, but I thought the swearing was there just so it would be there. They included it for shock value rather than to add to the story.

Pretty much par for the course in the DC movies, though, so I wasn’t shocked.
Maybe it’s the 22 years Navy and “swearing like a sailor” but I barely even noticed the swearing.

about the only time I really noticed it was with Bloodsport and I think that’s one of the reasons his character was so good IMO. I couldn’t help but laugh when he’d utter an exasperated “fuck me” or “oh for fuck’s sake”

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel/Disney do such a better job than DC/Warner Bros

LMAO, not sure if serious. This was a FAR better super'hero' movie than any crap Disney has dumped out in over 5 years.

If they had made it PG-13 for the kiddies, complete with a 'YAWN' all powerful/scary COSMIC monster that has a scrotum chin, with political messages and stereotypical feminist bullshit, would you have been more happy?

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, not sure if serious. This was a FAR better super'hero' movie than any crap Disney has dumped out in over 5 years.

If they had made it PG-13 for the kiddies, complete with a 'YAWN' all powerful/scary COSMIC monster that has a scrotum chin, with political messages and stereotypical feminist bullshit, would you have been more happy?
The first SS was much better. The ghostbusters/Godzilla villain didn’t do it for me. Avengers/Marvel is much bigger and better. Think viewership kinda tells it all.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. Infinity War was way better than this in my opinion.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Infinity War was way better than this in my opinion.

*gives King Shark a bicycle and tells him to NOM UVA*

UVA, I have nothing against you, but you've got less than 12 hours. My bikes allow for optimum speed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first SS was much better. The ghostbusters/Godzilla villain didn’t do it for me. Avengers/Marvel is much bigger and better. Think viewership kinda tells it all.

Well they fucked up the first two beyond belief, ya think people are going to be lining up to watch the actual good 3rd one!?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viewership part is kind of a hard correlation because Marvel movies are made for children thus a wider audience.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The viewership part is kind of a hard correlation because Marvel movies are made for children thus a wider audience.
Agreed - however more adults watched Guardians and the Avengers than SS.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More adults watched those movies because they could have an excuse to drag their crotch fruit along.

SS (2021) is a FAR better movie than both. I mean hey, props to the mouse... that thing can pull off a financial success like no other... and any critic or person that negatively reviews it is banned from the Internet or executed...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, more adults watched Deadpool than SS. That is all I was saying is DC has had an issue because their movies characters aren’t meant for children except for Shazam. DCEU is caught in this weird shit where the movie is mostly dark but has to have dumb kiddie element. It’s why the Nolan Batman’s were better than any Marvel movie.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I gotta eat crow on my initial response, because this film was FANTASTIC.

I haven't had this much fun in a super'hero' movie in.... like a decade?

The plot was great, they did do a little bit of my suggestion about a prison breakin (just a lab facility). That said, the pacing, direction, and introduction to new characters was SPOT ON. I don't need another fuckin' ORIGIN story. Just introduce us the characters and have us learn about them THROUGH THE ACTING AND STORY.

King Shark: Obviously a little slow but has a soft heart deep down and wants friends. Likely has never had many human friends.
Bloodsport: Some daughter issues, but cares about the team and you actually SEE the transition to a leader. He originally starts out pretty disinterested but starts taking charge with getting the main villain, rescuing Harley, and leading the final battle. We're not just TOLD, we're shown.
Harley: I mean Margot of course kills it, but I was FULLY anticipating her getting out of the situation, and the movie did not disappoint. Gunn 100% NAILED her character. She's an escape artist, manipulator, and ruthlessly violent in the comics/video games, PUT IT THE FUCK ON SCREEN.
Ratcatcher: AMAZING backstory for a character we have never seen. Sympathetic to people and the situation which makes PERFECT sense if you're sympathetic to rats. Her final scene was amazing and MADE sense... if you could actually control rats that way it'd be an extremely deadly power.
Polka Dot: LMAO. I mean... the Milton thing still has me in stitches, and the Mom complex LOL. A little bit of comedic relief but it was done correctly.
Peacemaker: Kind of a second antagonist but it was done right. Loved the playful banter between him and Bloodsport.

Point being, ALL of the characters in 'THE Suicide Squad' (seriously a little groan) I understand and know about WAY more than any crap Marvel has released in the last 5+ years. I can describe ALL of the main characters, what their personalities are, and relate in some way, shape, form.

The music was top notch, the action was easy to follow and not quick action cuts or disjointed. Harley's scene was beyond epic. Ratcatcher's ending scene again was epic. HEY DISNEY, THIS IS HOW YOU WRITE 'STRONG/POWERFUL' FEMALE CHARACTERS. ENOUGH with your Hollyweird bullshit.

10/10... I will EASILY be re-watching this in the future (already re-watched once lol).

I also liked it. To me it had a Deadpool vibe and I loved Deadpool. The only thing I wasn't a fan of is the star fish monster. Not horrible, but wish it was something else other then a star fish.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also liked it. To me it had a Deadpool vibe and I loved Deadpool. The only thing I wasn't a fan of is the star fish monster. Not horrible, but wish it was something else other then a star fish.

Eh I thought it was cool. Some Alien with no real 'motive' or purpose other than to be free because WE captured and were holding captive. You actually felt a little sympathy for it. And the introduction with the space footage was cool. I like how they handled it too (the suicide squad). Bloodsport was the leader coordinating and saving everyone, and the rats were awesome. Rats can chew through everything and a swarm of angry rats of that magnitude IMO could EASILY chew up that monster. They would've just eaten away at the thing eventually even if not for Harley lol... I was waitin' for it the whole movie too... and it delivered. I was like, "Uh, she can summon a HOARD of rats and command them? Uh.... yah that's a little overpowered." LOL... people underestimate those fuckers... they'll chew right through concrete if they have to.