• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 1-0-2 Kings @ The Core 4 Can't Win Leafs 10/16/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, don't see Bowlby cashing in his chips on Hiller that quickly, because if he did then there's no way he survives to live the next day either. Hiller is Blake's hire straight up, and he's married to him either way...especially after the way McLellan was handled last season. If Hiller was canned before Christmas then is evident of a major screw-up, and will be too blatantly obvious that Blake truly has no clue as to what he's doing (not that those of us with 20/20 vision can't see that already...)

The reason is say that is from another thread, I mentioned there have been no contracts talks with Bowlby (or Gavrikov). That signals to me Bowlby is no longer calling the shots, AEG is. Thus even though Jill was a Blake hire, it doesn't matter anymore 3 year contract or not.

If Blake goes, and he will next summer, so will Hiller barring results that exceed what is expected. And so far he isn't delivering and I think he is on a short leash.

They'll eat the money, that's not a problem to AEG. But Bowlby is not longer in control and by association neither is Hiller.