• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing you need to consider too, the likely hood the Isles are going to win a cup in the next 3 to 4 years is slim to none. Getting a scoring winger is far easier then it is to get a puck moving offensive defenseman, so if he's dealt it will likely be for a young puck mover

The Isles have three puck moving Defenseman in the AHL De Haan, Donovan & Ness. They drafted 4 defenseman in last years draft. The kid they took in the 5th round is Kichton is leading all defenseman in the WHL in points I believe.

I want a banger. An all around guy. Another Hamonic.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Link slut face?

From Puckdaddy -

Shane Doan is at least entertaining the thought that he'll need to move on from the Coyotes franchise: "My preference is to stay here (in Phoenix)," said Doan. "I've made that clear. But at the same time, obviously if the team's not here and we're not here everything is quite a bit different. It's been that way for the last two years, but I've been kind of blocking it out. But I recognize that in the next three weeks it's probably going to come to a head. If not then, it's going to come to a head in the summer.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew said that Nabby will be a Hawk

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A couple of people are saying Nabby will be a Hawk, i wonder what they give up to get up him? Depth forward? Any pick from the Hawks is going to be late rounders.

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby to CHI? FUCK! I don't like that at all...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nabby to CHI? FUCK! I don't like that at all...

I love it!!! haha I been saying they should pick him up, but for some reason articles around here say that picking him up would be pointless cause it wouldnt improve their goaltending and that chi chould go after kipprisoff instead... I dont understand that logic...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, great for Nabby... but I hate the Blackhawks more than almost any other Western team (definitely more than Detroit... who I don't really hate at all, actually).

So I can't root for him to do well there like.. at all.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew was on KNBR this evening, and he said that "looks like Nabby is going to Chicago"....make sense don't you think. Nabby is probably one of the best out there, and he is cheap. I was thinking Detroit is going to get Nabby especially Howard is hurt right now.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say "I will hate to face Nabby in Playoffs"

Hey Doug, I hope your making phone calls?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Dreger said earlier today that he talked to Garth Snow. Snow told him Nabby isn't available. The Islanders aren't going to trade Nabby until they feel they've got no shot at the 8th seed.

Right now they're 9 points behind Ottawa with 4 games in hand. A loss tomorrow to Montreal in regulation could change Garth's thinking.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darren Dreger said earlier today that he talked to Garth Snow. Snow told him Nabby isn't available. The Islanders aren't going to trade Nabby until they feel they've got no shot at the 8th seed.

Right now they're 9 points behind Ottawa with 4 games in hand. A loss tomorrow to Montreal in regulation could change Garth's thinking.

Wouldnt surprize me if Snow pulled that shit & kept him. He fucked over Nabby once by claiming him, im sure he'll gladly fuck him over again & make him fullfill the whole year contract.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet a majority of the Shark fans who think it's a good thing for Chi or are afraid to face Nabby with the Hawks are the same folks who lumped a lot of the playoff failures on him over the years. Just sayin'...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt surprize me if Snow pulled that shit & kept him. He fucked over Nabby once by claiming him, im sure he'll gladly fuck him over again & make him fullfill the whole year contract.

Nabby is very happy in L.I.. He really likes the team. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to resign him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nabby is very happy in L.I.. He really likes the team. It wouldn't surprise me if they try to resign him.

Just to add to this comment.

Islanders making positive strides

Nabokov said:
"But I like what I see around here," Nabokov said. "This is a team going in the right direction."

Nabokov, who has a full no-trade clause, also said he has not asked for a trade at any point this season.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but if you get a chance to go to Chicago and Detroit, you go....