• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Insider listed the Sharks as the top candidates to land Selanne, if he decides he wants another run at the Cup.
Ryan Smyth was listed as a possibility too....

Awh shit! :burt:

Awhh hell no!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many players on the Sharks have 47 points in 51 games? Parenteau is a top 6 forward period.

Top 6 this year he hasnt done it year after year, once he does that id be more then happy to say he's a top 6. You know Cheechoo used to be a top 6 forward

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Plus he's srill a rental correct?

Pretty much it's almost a Mark Bell type situation all over again, potentially could be very good, but could also go the other way, once team start focusing on him.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 6 this year he hasnt done it year after year, once he does that id be more then happy to say he's a top 6. You know Cheechoo used to be a top 6 forward

Parenteau 20G 33A 53PTS in 81 games last year. This year he's going to blow that point total away.

I honestly hope the Isles resign him. However, I seriously doubt they will. Some team is going to get a good player if he's dealt.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yea but Cheech had a dble sports hernia that contributed to his downfall, so ya cant really say the was a "fake" top 6... Leading the league in goals isnt a fluke, theirs some skill involved there.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a return of the didn't quite work out the first timers? Bring back Selanne and Moen.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What about a return of the didn't quite work out the first timers? Bring back Selanne and Moen.

Im mixed on teemu. first, he'll be really expensive to get. a 1st rounder alone will not be close to enough and I dont want them to trade too much for a rental. Also, I wonder if he will last until the end of a hopefully long PO run without getting hurt (since playing game 100 in a season gets tough).

That said, he's having a hell of a year and the skills still sure seem to be there, so it would be intriguing.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im mixed on teemu. first, he'll be really expensive to get. a 1st rounder alone will not be close to enough and I dont want them to trade too much for a rental. Also, I wonder if he will last until the end of a hopefully long PO run without getting hurt (since playing game 100 in a season gets tough).

That said, he's having a hell of a year and the skills still sure seem to be there, so it would be intriguing.

Teemu isn't going to cost nearly what he's worth. He will pick one, maybe two, teams he'd like to be traded to. Murray has so much respect for Selanne he will give him whatever he wants no matter what the return. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a 1st to get him. Most likely it will be a 1st and a decient prospect or a 2nd and a top prospect.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, what do you think of Kyle Wellwood's season so far with Winnipeg (10G, 21A)?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cmon, what do you think of Kyle Wellwood's season so far with Winnipeg (10G, 21A)?

He's getting a much better oppertunity to succeed with the Jets than he would have if he'd stayed with the Sharks. I can't say I'm really surprised by his numbers as he was a productive player before his injury problems started and now that he's 100% healthy again the productivitiy is returning.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting a much better oppertunity to succeed with the Jets than he would have if he'd stayed with the Sharks. I can't say I'm really surprised by his numbers as he was a productive player before his injury problems started and now that he's 100% healthy again the productivitiy is returning.

Good to hear that. Watching him last season with SJ, he seemed like an intelligent player with solid hockey sense and a good nose for the puck.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frans is off the Market now he just signed with the Ice Landers, so maybe PA is about to sign or get dealt, looks like Garth Snow is doing a good job on the Isle

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me tell you why I'd take teemu, because he's got heart and unlike practically anyone on this team he wants to win any given night. his work ethic,mentality,skills can only help the sharks toward a cup.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Teemu would be a big upgrade for the top 6, and he won't cost that much. This is all assuming he doesn't just want to remain in Anaheim....

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK with Teemu but only if he practiced teh empty-net wrap-around because Lord knows I can't see him miss another one of those... :p

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19 days left Doug!

Tick tick tick :burt:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Parenteau 20G 33A 53PTS in 81 games last year. This year he's going to blow that point total away.

I honestly hope the Isles resign him. However, I seriously doubt they will. Some team is going to get a good player if he's dealt.

He's on a projected pace to break those numbers it doesnt mean it will happen, wait till seasons end. I'm not saying he's not a decent player but he also isnt top tier as your making him out to be.

I bet Garth Snow get's him signed, he did it with Molson and Frans, Though the isles lack alot of depth on D and eventually will need to replace Streit. I Could see Demers or Braun along with 2nd rounder and Ferrio getting PA.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on a projected pace to break those numbers it doesnt mean it will happen, wait till seasons end. I'm not saying he's not a decent player but he also isnt top tier as your making him out to be.

I bet Garth Snow get's him signed, he did it with Molson and Frans, Though the isles lack alot of depth on D and eventually will need to replace Streit. I Could see Demers or Braun along with 2nd rounder and Ferrio getting PA.

I'm sure Garth is trying to sign him. The question is will he take something similar to what Moulson got, 3M per year. I'm not sure.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sure Garth is trying to sign him. The question is will he take something similar to what Moulson got, 3M per year. I'm not sure.

Another thing you need to consider too, the likely hood the Isles are going to win a cup in the next 3 to 4 years is slim to none. Getting a scoring winger is far easier then it is to get a puck moving offensive defenseman, so if he's dealt it will likely be for a young puck mover