• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Who would you want for Niittymaki? If you could have any available top 6 forward or checking forward who would it be? Tampa needs a Goal Tender and is in the rumors but who from them would you want? Stamos would be a dream not gonna happen.. but what about Martin St. Louis or Vincent Lecavalier?

I am just throwing Ideas up here.. I dont know about how much contracts are or anything.. would we have to throw more chips in for a deal? I am not sure if I am right but isnt Niittymaki in his final year of his contract and owed 2 million?

Just kinda like to hear what you guys would want being real. Who would you trade Niitty for?

Thanks for reading if anything. I rarely even post.. mostly just read :)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right now the Sharks would probably be lucky to get a 5th or 6th round pick for Niitty. Especially after a poor outing tonight for Worcester. In a rental for rental trade the Sharks would still have to add picks and/or prospects.

I can't see Yzerman trading for a goalie unless that goalie is sure to be a part of Tampa's team long term. If no trade options pan out they'll make a move for someone like Harding in the offseason.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point I have no idea what Wilson is looking for. Weather it's a top 6 guy or a 3rd line griding forward. Hell, McSorley, yes Marty McSorley, said last night the Sharks were after Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point I have no idea what Wilson is looking for. Weather it's a top 6 guy or a 3rd line griding forward. Hell, McSorley, yes Marty McSorley, said last night the Sharks were after Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller.

Say whaaaat??? LOL... Although it is D. Wilson, so you like u said, who knows what he's looking for

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they go after Miller. They just signed Niemi last year. Unless they dump Niemi on another team, and I don't see Buffalo wanting another expensive goalie back in the trade.

Maybe Marty is just talking out of his ass.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personaly think the Sharks need another right handed shooting forward on this team. I would like to see Doug go after two forwards to balance the scoring on this team.

Trade for Milan Hejduk
Trade for Travis Moen

*or something like this with what salary cap space the Sharks have

PLUS I LIKE THE WAY THE LINE UP LOOKS TOO

Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski
Clowe, Couture, Havlat
McGinn, Handzus, Hejduk
Moen, Desjardin, Murray / Mitchell / Winchester

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Hedjuk and Havlat. Handzus and Havlat started developing a little chemistry before he got hurt. Plus adding another finisher to the 2nd line wouldn't hurt.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I personaly think the Sharks need another right handed shooting forward on this team. I would like to see Doug go after two forwards to balance the scoring on this team.

Trade for Travis Moen

Didnt we do that already?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way they go after Miller. They just signed Niemi last year. Unless they dump Niemi on another team, and I don't see Buffalo wanting another expensive goalie back in the trade.

Maybe Marty is just talking out of his ass.

I don't know how reliable McSorley is but he said that Wilson was kicking the tires on a deal for Miller waiting to see what, if anything, pans out with Niitty.

I forget who but one of the posters here suggested that Niemi might be the main issue with the PK. Perhaps Doug and/or the coaching staff feel the same and they believe a move for Miller could fix that. Pure speculation but weirder stuff has happened.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switch Hedjuk and Havlat. Handzus and Havlat started developing a little chemistry before he got hurt. Plus adding another finisher to the 2nd line wouldn't hurt.

...but I liked the CHEMISTRY between Havlat, Couture & Clowe better.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how reliable McSorley is but he said that Wilson was kicking the tires on a deal for Miller waiting to see what, if anything, pans out with Niitty.

I forget who but one of the posters here suggested that Niemi might be the main issue with the PK. Perhaps Doug and/or the coaching staff feel the same and they believe a move for Miller could fix that. Pure speculation but weirder stuff has happened.

He has a 6.25 million cap hit for a couple more years, but if he could get his game back he could be well worth it.

I think that Niemi is completely average so Miller could definitely be an upgrade it would just depend on what it costs to get him.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Havlat hasn't had any chemistry with Clowe and Couture this year. He was a complete non factor while playing with them.

The first 15 or so games that line was together was probably the best hockey we've seen out of a line this year. Havlat wasn't scoring goals but he was getting points and that line was controling all three zones.

It wasn't until McLellan moved Havlat to Handzus's line then bounced him around a bit that he went on a long stretch of sucking. He finally found a little chemistry with Handzus right at the end before the injury but nothing like he had with Clowe and Couture at the start of the year.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this strange feeling that Clowe has a cuncussion, and the Sharks don't want to report it yet. I know Clowe left the team a few days before last nights game and went back NewFoundland. Anyways I could be wrong.

I just wanna know, how in the world is Doug gonna make trades with nothing to trade.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have this strange feeling that Clowe has a cuncussion, and the Sharks don't want to report it yet. I know Clowe left the team a few days before last nights game and went back NewFoundland. Anyways I could be wrong.

I just wanna know, how in the world is Doug gonna make trades with nothing to trade.

I'm guessing it's gonna be draft picks. Maybe he trades Demers or Braun.
I agree with you though, he doesn't have much to offer up....Unless he is thinking a big trade and offers up something good....

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm guessing it's gonna be draft picks. Maybe he trades Demers or Braun.
I agree with you though, he doesn't have much to offer up....Unless he is thinking a big trade and offers up something good....

They have plenty to offer up. Thornton, Marleau, Niemi (for the Mcsorley Miller rumor), gotta give up that 1st rounder - thats a given, like 5 goalie prospects, Demers (is he even playing? havnt herd shit bout him lately & dont hear his name on games I watch).

I like the idea of a Burns for Setoguchi streight up. Thoughts?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Sharks have traded D Sean Sullivan to the Panthers for F Tim Kennedy. Woosta was hurting for healthy forwads so this helps a bit.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They have plenty to offer up. Thornton, Marleau, Niemi (for the Mcsorley Miller rumor), gotta give up that 1st rounder - thats a given, like 5 goalie prospects, Demers (is he even playing? havnt herd shit bout him lately & dont hear his name on games I watch).

I like the idea of a Burns for Setoguchi streight up. Thoughts?

Better yet waive burns and sign nolan. Then trade marleai,thornton and stalock fot seto . Stanley cup is a give!!!!