• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet waive burns and sign nolan. Then trade marleai,thornton and stalock fot seto . Stanley cup is a give!!!!

Excuse me, Sir... you seem to have forgotten Cheechoo, Friesen and Norton! :p

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They have plenty to offer up. Thornton, Marleau, Niemi (for the Mcsorley Miller rumor), gotta give up that 1st rounder - thats a given, like 5 goalie prospects, Demers (is he even playing? havnt herd shit bout him lately & dont hear his name on games I watch).

I like the idea of a Burns for Setoguchi streight up. Thoughts?

Thornton and Marleau both have NTC clause, so they aren't going anywhere.
Doubt Buffalo is interested in trading Miller for Niemi.
I know how much you love Seto, but I'll take Burns over him every day of the week....
The only 2 guys on this team that I wouldn't give up, unless the return was huge, are Couture and Vlasic. Other than that, everyone is fair game...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumors circulating Brendan Morrow is available, he would be a great fit on the 3rd line. Petrecki and a 2nd rounder make it happen

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, like filo wrote in the other thread, Thornton for Morrow, straight up!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Wilson Traded for Tim Kennedy from Florida today. That was a Fanstastic move! Ugh :burt:

Ok let's get our minor league team some more depth, WTF about the BIG CLUB?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'll take Teemu for $1000, Alex!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teemu would be great. I wanted Hejduk at the start of the season but to me they are the same. Right handed sniper with experience on a bad team that might find new energy if placed on a contender. Get on it, Doug.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tay Moo ehhh not another softy though i could see him and Havlat weaving some magic, i think the sharks need another in your face type of player like Morrow,Doan or Inginla

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would happen if Doug pulled off a SHOCKER TRADE! And traded for Ott?

I do like the Hejduk option, but Morrow would be really nice

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tay Moo ehhh not another softy though i could see him and Havlat weaving some magic, i think the sharks need another in your face type of player like Morrow,Doan or Inginla

I would also take those three over Teemu. Teemu would be the cheapest to acquire though.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would also take those three over Teemu. Teemu would be the cheapest to acquire though.

I dont think he would be... He'd be cheap for the East teams interested, but not SJ... Also, gotta figure in, he's played here before, and just like Heatley, the sj fans (I can proudly say I wasnt included) bitched & moaned that he wasnt putting up the goals he shouldve... So if SJ is involved, you gotta take in account his opinion of the franchise, which I dont think is a good one. And I believe Anahiem has a lot of respect to for him and wouldnt trade him to a place he doesnt want to go, even if it betters them. They wont Setoguchi him...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think he would be... He'd be cheap for the East teams interested, but not SJ... Also, gotta figure in, he's played here before, and just like Heatley, the sj fans (I can proudly say I wasnt included) bitched & moaned that he wasnt putting up the goals he shouldve... So if SJ is involved, you gotta take in account his opinion of the franchise, which I dont think is a good one. And I believe Anahiem has a lot of respect to for him and wouldnt trade him to a place he doesnt want to go, even if it betters them. They wont Setoguchi him...

Teemu will be cheep no matter where he goes even San Jose. Selanne's fate is in his own hands and if he asks to be traded to a specific team for another shot at the cup Murray will do that no matter what the return.

Selanne's issues were with Lombardi and Sutter both gone now. He always said he loved the area and he was hugely popular with the fans.

San Jose surely won't be Murray's first choice of teams to trade him to but ultimately it's not his decision to make.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can gear this team up for the playoffs and trade a guy like Ryane Clowe. Maybe I am biased towards him because he is my favorite player on the team but you have to have a guy like Ryane Clowe on this team in the playoffs, he's one of the few players on the team who plays playoff style hockey. In my opinion Thornton or Marleau should go before Clowe but with those NTC's we all know that's probably not going to happen, we are stuck with these fools and their satisfaction with mediocrity for pretty much the rest of their careers. If Clowey is traded, the return better be more than well fucking worth it. I will be PISSED if he is dealt either way.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you mean about the interdivisional trading and how that can raise a player's price, but Morrow has another year on his contract (decent at $4.1) making him more valuable in a trade. Doan is interdivision and also a pending UFA, but I value him more than Teemu. Iginla isn't in the same division but he also has another year remaining and you can bet every playoff contender with cap space is going to place a bid for Iggy creating a bidding war. Teemu should be the cheapest of those 4 players.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you can gear this team up for the playoffs and trade a guy like Ryane Clowe. Maybe I am biased towards him because he is my favorite player on the team but you have to have a guy like Ryane Clowe on this team in the playoffs, he's one of the few players on the team who plays playoff style hockey. In my opinion Thornton or Marleau should go before Clowe but with those NTC's we all know that's probably not going to happen, we are stuck with these fools and their satisfaction with mediocrity for pretty much the rest of their careers. If Clowey is traded, the return better be more than well fucking worth it. I will be PISSED if he is dealt either way.

Agreed on all counts. Clowe may have his ups and downs performance wise but at least he talks like he gives a damn. I love guys that hate to lose. Trading Clowe better bring back a clear upgrade.

Clowe + Demers + 2nd rounder for Iginla.