• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about signing Brad Stuart in the offseason? Reports are that he may not re-sign in Detroit to be closer to his family, who live in San Jose.

It would certainly make Murray expendable. If Wilson thinks he has the inside track on Stuart I wouldn't mind seeing Murray being traded by the deadline (and I'm probably Murray's biggest fan here).

If he comes at Murray's price tag or close to it he would be a good upgrade to Murray.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If he comes at Murray's price tag or close to it he would be a good upgrade to Murray.

Definitely. Not sure what type of salary/contract he is looking for.
I got to know Brad and his wife when they lived here and was sad to see him go.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that would be a huge upgrade in offense and team mobility if Dwil did that, but that being said how many times if ever has Dwill ever brought back a shark that was ever traded away? Answer.....never

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that would be a huge upgrade in offense and team mobility if Dwil did that, but that being said how many times if ever has Dwill ever brought back a shark that was ever traded away? Answer.....never

Yeah, Stuart is a much better skater and can definitely chip in some offense, and still provide some physical play too.
I have no idea if Wilson has thought about this, but I'm sure Brad would certainly be interested in returning.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What about signing Brad Stuart in the offseason? Reports are that he may not re-sign in Detroit to be closer to his family, who live in San Jose.

It would certainly make Murray expendable. If Wilson thinks he has the inside track on Stuart I wouldn't mind seeing Murray being traded by the deadline (and I'm probably Murray's biggest fan here).

Nah, SJ needs Murray more then this message board thinks, the problem is SJ gave him more then they should have. Vlasic, Boyle & Murray are the 3 keepers on the blueline, the rest can go. Murray wont net them anything worthwhile in return, and while like I said, he's getting paid more then he should, the return in a trade doesnt equal the loss of passion he brings.

OVERHAUL, who stays, who goes:
Stays: Logan, Pavs, Boyle, Greiss, Vlasic, Murray
Goes: Everyone else, could give a shit less (though I do have place in my heart for Mitchell, Demers, Braun & Ferriero)

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
bwahahaha that shit was true speak and funny lol

^^^ that sentance was more ebonics then my drunken typos... And it wasnt true, cause you will never hear me sing the praise of Hand-Zues

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Matheson (Edmonton Journal) believes San Jose is one of five teams chasing Morrow. Vancouver, Washington, Detroit, and NY Rangers are the others.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who has the cap space to acquire him though

The only team that would have cap questions is Vancouver. Morrow has one more year on his contract so since he's not a rental I'd say there's a good chance Dallas asks for a young roster player in return. Vancouver could easily clear the needed space.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only team that would have cap questions is Vancouver. Morrow has one more year on his contract so since he's not a rental I'd say there's a good chance Dallas asks for a young roster player in return. Vancouver could easily clear the needed space.

If the sharks were smart they would offer up sateri,petrecki and a 2nd rounder and fairy ooooh. Dallas has minimal depth at goal jack campbell looks like a career back up

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to pick up Morrow. I doubt Dallas would want to deal him to a rival, they would probably rather send him East but it would really depend on the return Dallas can get from other teams.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to pick up Morrow. I doubt Dallas would want to deal him to a rival, they would probably rather send him East but it would really depend on the return Dallas can get from other teams.

The fact that Morrow has another year left on his contract makes it even less likely Dallas will trade him to a division rival. Honestly, I don't get why he is being shopped. He is on a good contract and is a good guy to have around the lockerroom. My guess is that if he is being shopped, it's just to feel what can be had out there. If, and only if, a team steps up with a deal that blows the socks off of Dallas, will he be traded.

1st rounder + Braun or Demers + goalie prospect

Not saying the Sharks should do that, but in order to compete with other team's offers, the Sharks might have to offer that.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about Ray Whitney? He'd be on one of the top 2 lines, would let them put Havlat on the 3rd line with Handzus and McGinn, if he makes it back this season.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about Ray Whitney? He'd be on one of the top 2 lines, would let them put Havlat on the 3rd line with Handzus and McGinn, if he makes it back this season.

If the Yotes keep falling further out of PO contention we are going to start seeing a lot of speculaton about both Whitney and Doan. Either one of those players would be a solid pick up.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks reportedly have a number of scouts at the New Jersey - Montreal game tonight. Parise anyone?

I can dream can't I?