• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nielson will cost you a 1st round pick. Parenteau might as well. Garth said the other day he's talking to their agents. If the Isles can't resign them, the bidding war will begin.

Parenteau isn't playing on JT's line anymore. His points are legit. He's really good on the powerplay as well.

You overestimate both of those guys Value, the only time 1st rounders go in trades anymore is if its for "Name" players, like a Thornton,Carter, or Tavares(not saying he's being traded) 2nd rounder and either a prospect or current roster player is the best you will get for either of those 2

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nielson will cost you a 1st round pick. Parenteau might as well. Garth said the other day he's talking to their agents. If the Isles can't resign them, the bidding war will begin.

Parenteau isn't playing on JT's line anymore. His points are legit. He's really good on the powerplay as well.

Wilson has said he won't deal his 1st although that was early in the year and that may have changed especially since he's still holding two 2nds. With the Wild starting to play down to their real level there isn't going to be much difference between their 2nd and the Sharks 1st.

There aren't too many teams who will deal a 1st for a rental 3rd line center. Parenteau has a better shot of landing one as he's a legit top six. It also helps that wingers seem to be in more demand heading into this deadline than centers.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You overestimate both of those guys Value, the only time 1st rounders go in trades anymore is if its for "Name" players, like a Thornton,Carter, or Tavares(not saying he's being traded) 2nd rounder and either a prospect or current roster player is the best you will get for either of those 2

Bob McKenzie stated earlier this week 1st rounders are going to be dealt come deadline time.

Let me give you something to think about. It's been reported that teams don't have much interest in Ales Hemsky at the moment. One reason is the asking price. Some speculated a 1st round pick & Jonathan Blum from Nashville. The Preds said forget it. The Red Wings aren't interested in him anymore either. This guy only has 4 goals this year & makes 4 million.

Parenteau is in the top 5 in assists in the entire league. He's scored 11 goals. As an added bonus his salary for the ENTIRE year is 1.25 million. That means the team picking him up will only have to pay him something like 3 or 400K the rest of the year.

Nielsen is an even bigger bargain. He makes 550K for the ENTIRE year. Every team in the league can afford these guys. The price will be more than you think if the Isles don't resign them.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bob McKenzie stated earlier this week 1st rounders are going to be dealt come deadline time.

Let me give you something to think about. It's been reported that teams don't have much interest in Ales Hemsky at the moment. One reason is the asking price. Some speculated a 1st round pick & Jonathan Blum from Nashville. The Preds said forget it. The Red Wings aren't interested in him anymore either. This guy only has 4 goals this year & makes 4 million.

Parenteau is in the top 5 in assists in the entire league. He's scored 11 goals. As an added bonus his salary for the ENTIRE year is 1.25 million. That means the team picking him up will only have to pay him something like 3 or 400K the rest of the year.

Nielsen is an even bigger bargain. He makes 550K for the ENTIRE year. Every team in the league can afford these guys. The price will be more than you think if the Isles don't resign them.

At the trade deadline contract amount hold next to no significance and don't add to a players value when it comes to rentals. Prorated contracts at that time are so cheep there isn't a team in the league who won't be able to add a $4m+ player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the trade deadline contract amount hold next to no significance and don't add to a players value when it comes to rentals. Prorated contracts at that time are so cheep there isn't a team in the league who won't be able to add a $4m+ player.

Do you think Hemsky is worth more than Parenteau?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Mckenzie is just a toned down version of Pee Air Mcquire, it doesnt make it fact. There's no way any of those players go for a first rounder outside of maybe Hemsky and thats a big maybe

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you think Hemsky is worth more than Parenteau?

Because of Hemsky's injury history, no. No one is going to pay the Oilers asking price with him being such a questionmark. Right now the Oilers should be looking for nothing more than a solid prospect for him. If a team were to offer a 3rd round pick as well as one of their better prospects they should jump all over it.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of Hemsky's injury history, no. No one is going to pay the Oilers asking price with him being such a questionmark. Right now the Oilers should be looking for nothing more than a solid prospect for him. If a team were to offer a 3rd round pick as well as one of their better prospects they should jump all over it.

I'd like to see the Islanders resign Parenteau. The only problem is this could be his chance to break the bank. If he expects somthing in the 4 million per range I think he's going to be dealt.

I'm not a huge fan of Frans like many Isles fans. He wouldn't be easy to replace, but the Isles do have guys like Ullstrom, Cizikas, Nelson & Strome. So I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.

Both players like L.I.. They have said they want to stay. It just depends on what the Isles offer.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to see the Islanders resign Parenteau. The only problem is this could be his chance to break the bank. If he expects somthing in the 4 million per range I think he's going to be dealt.

I'm not a huge fan of Frans like many Isles fans. He wouldn't be easy to replace, but the Isles do have guys like Ullstrom, Cizikas, Nelson & Strome. So I certainly wouldn't have a problem with it.

Both players like L.I.. They have said they want to stay. It just depends on what the Isles offer.

Come July 1st a lot of GM's go crazy so it's hard to say what Parenteau might get if he makes it that far. Especially if he keeps up the pace he's on now. If Snow were to sign him before that point I think somewhere in the $3.75m range would be reasonable on a 3 year contract. More years will plush that number up some.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come July 1st a lot of GM's go crazy so it's hard to say what Parenteau might get if he makes it that far. Especially if he keeps up the pace he's on now. If Snow were to sign him before that point I think somewhere in the $3.75m range would be reasonable on a 3 year contract. More years will plush that number up some.

You got that right. Tim Connolly got 4.5 million. Bergenheim got 2.75 million.

Tuomo Ruutu of the Hurricanes is saying he expects to get 5 million per come July 1st. This guy has 16 goals & 27 points this season. Give me a break.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You got that right. Tim Connolly got 4.5 million. Bergenheim got 2.75 million.

Tuomo Ruutu of the Hurricanes is saying he expects to get 5 million per come July 1st. This guy has 16 goals & 27 points this season. Give me a break.

I'm not sure what Ruutu is thinking. Rutherford had to cringe when that came out as it will cause Ruutu's trade value to plummet.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what Ruutu is thinking. Rutherford had to cringe when that came out as it will cause Ruutu's trade value to plummet.

This past offseason before July 1st the Islanders tried to sign Erhoff. They acquired his rights & offered him something in the 5 to 5.5 million per range. He turned it down like every other top UFA. The Sabres gave him a ridiculous signing bonus laiden deal.

Garth had been very specific about wanting to add a top 4 defenseman through free agency. The reason it didn't happen was because the contracts became ridiculous. So he signed guys like Staios & Mottau instead. I couldn't believe Wisniewski got 5.5 million per year from Columbus. I think it's getting out of hand.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:think:
How about 2nd rd pick, Ferriero, Niittymaki, Demers for both of them

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope dougie targets derek Roy. He's having a terrible year so his value should be down since his current production doesnt warrant his 4M/yr salary. However, I think he fits perfectly in SJ as the 2nd line C between cooch (who slides to wing) and patty/clowe/havlat. One of those three can move to the first line (patty?) and the other can slide to the 3rd (havlat) to play with handzus and mcginn, knocking mitchell down. He's also signed for next year and is only 28, so he can be extended and still be in his prime for 4 or so years from now.

I think his struggles are largely temporary and a result of the team's struggles. When healthy and happy, he can be a 70 pt+ player at 4M. Huge upside and great speed.

I would think that demers, 1st rounder, and a forward prospect (hamilton? Ferriero? Wingels? Crane?) ought to do it.

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Roy-Couture
Mcginn-handzus-Havlat

as the top three lines of O. The top 7 D remain the same. Also, this allows one of hte top 7 forwards to get hurt without risking a desjardins or wingels playing on the top lines.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Doug sign Owen Nolan for his last chance at a cup during his press conference on Tues?

I know all reports a saying he going to retire, but you never know.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.Murray has been put on waivers, so let the wheels start turning.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey u might need a goalie after you guys trade NABBY.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No thanks. The Isles don't have a spot for Nittymaki. I want a 1st round pick.

If both become available I'm sure there will plenty of interest.

Your not the gm so what you want not really a factor lol the isle wont get a 1st umless they are both dealt to the same team