• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not the gm so what you want not really a factor lol the isle wont get a 1st umless they are both dealt to the same team

I fully expect a 1st round pick for Parenteau considerinig the season he's having. Top 6 forwards don't come cheap. He's in the top 5 in assists for the ENTIRE league. Nielsen will be sought after by ever contender in the league if he becomes available.

To be honest I'd prefer top prospects, but draft picks are probably more likely.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your not the gm so what you want not really a factor lol the isle wont get a 1st umless they are both dealt to the same team

I think PA might fetch a 1st. Nielson will get a 3rd, possibly 2nd, round pick or a mid-level prospect and a later round pick.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think PA might fetch a 1st. Nielson will get a 3rd, possibly 2nd, round pick or a mid-level prospect and a later round pick.

Nielsen finished 6th in Selke voting last year & that was without a large amount of East Coast voters because they boycotted the voting.

Nielsen is widely regarded as one of the most underrated players in the entire league by his peers. He'd be the perfect 3rd line center for a contending team. Garth asked for a 2nd round pick for Konopka last year. He's not going to accept a 3rd for Nielsen. He'd keep him for the rest of the season & let him walk on July 1st instead.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nielsen finished 6th in Selke voting last year & that was without a large amount of East Coast voters because they boycotted the voting.

Nielsen is widely regarded as one of the most underrated players in the entire league by his peers. He'd be the perfect 3rd line center for a contending team. Garth asked for a 2nd round pick for Konopka last year. He's not going to accept a 3rd for Nielsen. He'd keep him for the rest of the season & let him walk on July 1st instead.

The bottom line is he's a 3rd line center and no competent GM is going to give up much for him. 3rd liners, especially 3rd line rentals, just don't garner that much return.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Take this with a huge grain of salt since the origional report comes via the Toronto Sun but Kurz is reporting Sharks are a frontrunner for Travis Moen.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this with a huge grain of salt since the origional report comes via the Toronto Sun but Kurz is reporting Sharks are a frontrunner for Travis Moen.

Didn't work the first time and to make it worse Anaheim was also able to pawn off Huskins on the Sharks in that trade. The Sharks' bottom six is nothing special, but I really don't see Moen as much of an improvement.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Cmon_WTF

Didn't work the first time and to make it worse Anaheim was also able to pawn off Huskins on the Sharks in that trade. The Sharks' bottom six is nothing special, but I really don't see Moen as much of an improvement.

Honestly, I think it DID work the first time. Moen was a very good Shark, I was pleased with his play when we acquired him. The mistake came in the offseason when DWil thought it'd be a better idea to keep Huskins over Moen, something that to this day I still haven't figured out where the logic was in that move. Moen was even quoted as saying that, he was "dissapointed" at the Sharks lack of interest in him during that offseason and that he really enjoyed playing for coach McLellan. I would be happy if we re-acquired Moen.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Doug to upgrade this team SOON!
We all have hopes and dreams about what players we want Doug to trade for, but I just hope Doug makes the right moves that helps us to lead us to the promise land.
:pray2: :pray: :pray2:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moen would add a good PK forward to the team as well as a physical player. Obviously doesn't fix the scoring depth issue. If the price is right (mid level pick or mid level prospect), bring him back. The problems with the forwards should be fixed with two acquisitions, not one. One to help PK, one to help scoring.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I think it DID work the first time. Moen was a very good Shark, I was pleased with his play when we acquired him. The mistake came in the offseason when DWil thought it'd be a better idea to keep Huskins over Moen, something that to this day I still haven't figured out where the logic was in that move. Moen was even quoted as saying that, he was "dissapointed" at the Sharks lack of interest in him during that offseason and that he really enjoyed playing for coach McLellan. I would be happy if we re-acquired Moen.

Moen would add a good PK forward to the team as well as a physical player. Obviously doesn't fix the scoring depth issue. If the price is right (mid level pick or mid level prospect), bring him back. The problems with the forwards should be fixed with two acquisitions, not one. One to help PK, one to help scoring.

I wouldn't mind giving Moen a try again as well. Granted, I was a fan of his last time around too. I think he worked out fine, but the Sharks just ran into one of the best 8 Seeds of all-time and also a team they didn't match up well against.

Plus, it would give us depth in toughness/defensive awareness. I was impressed with Moen's team first attitude (i.e. - fighting for Rob Blake against Phoenix even though the incident happened before Moen was even on the Sharks). I also thought his defensive game/positioning was solid as well. I think McGinn would be an amazing addition to Thornton's line. He competes, he forechecks hard, he would add speed and has actually shown some touch with more regularity this season.

I'd actually be happy with the current defense if it stayed this way until playoffs. If they could add Moen for a 2nd Rounder and somebody like Clarkson for a 1st Rounder, I'd be absolutely ecstatic.

McGinn-Thornton-Pavleski
Marleau-Couture-Clowe
Moen/Clarkson-Handzus-Havlat
Moen/Clarkson-Desjardin-Winchester

Our scoring would be spread out more, our speed would be better and our toughness would go up in spades.

EDIT: I highly doubt they'll get one of the above players though, yet alone both. Just a pipe dream.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no thanks to moen. The sharks need a top 6 forward-level player. At the very least a respectable top 9 guy so TM isnt expected to chip in. When Havlat comes back, they will have a strong top 6 and mcginn and handzus have done quite well on the 3rd line. However, they could use a legit player to round out that line.

Also, as always happens in a long PO run, someone (likely havlat again) will get hurt. The sharks need a solid forward who can play a top 6 role. Moen is not that guy as he has only cracked the 10 goal plateau once and has been a minus player every year in his career. Granted, he gets tough matchups and is meant to help the PK, but the sharks dont need another grinder. Moen had one huge PO year in the ducks cup run, but excluding that fluke, he had 4 goals and 7 total points and -5 in 47 other Playoff games. he is just not that good and for the sharks, a team that consistently fails to score in the key PO games, moen isnt going to help.

Roy would be awesome. Parenteau could be good too. Any of the ducks' big 3 would be amazing. I would also be intrigued by taking a chance on Hemsky, even though he is massively struggling. he might come real cheap and would make a nice pairing with fellow Czecks handzus and havlat.

Either way, I dont see defensive play as the problem. they need scoring depth more than anything.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it'll be a package deal, Moen and AKostitsyn. Sharks would get the depth scorer and the PK grinder.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe it'll be a package deal, Moen and AKostitsyn. Sharks would get the depth scorer and the PK grinder.

I would be much more ameanable to that. A kostitsn seems like an interesting option. Like his bro, the reputation isnt great in terms of effort, but it's hard to argue with what the lesser brother became in nashville where he learned the meaning of hard work and teamwork. The Todd would be tested regarding his coaching, but the skill is there. if he can have a nice turnaround with some new scenery, he could be a good long term addition as well since he's just 27 and should be in his prime for 5 more years. Dougie has to be looking to add pieces to replace the aging vets. Burns was brought in to replace boyle as the #1 dman, and cooch is looking like a nice centerpiece of the future, but patty and jumbo are aging and may only be truly effective for a very short time. Adding 27 year-olds helps solidify things for the next generation.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nielsen is the Islanders 2nd line center. On a contender he would be on the 3rd line.

That's your problem, any other team with depth down the middle say like the sharks or even a team like the ducks he is a 3rd line center, PA is a boarder tweener 2nd/3rd liner not a bona fide top 6 yet

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:burt: 21 days left Doug.

Hurry up!

I wouldn't expect anything to happen until 3 or 4 days before the deadline. There are a lot of teams still on the fence about being sellers or not. The next two weeks will push many of those teams into the sellers catagory and more players will be available.

Wilson will only make a move this early if the player he and McLellan have specifically targeted becomes available for the right price.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ESPN Insider listed the Sharks as the top candidates to land Selanne, if he decides he wants another run at the Cup.
Ryan Smyth was listed as a possibility too....

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Insider listed the Sharks as the top candidates to land Selanne, if he decides he wants another run at the Cup.
Ryan Smyth was listed as a possibility too....

I would take these two over Moen.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your problem, any other team with depth down the middle say like the sharks or even a team like the ducks he is a 3rd line center, PA is a boarder tweener 2nd/3rd liner not a bona fide top 6 yet

How many players on the Sharks have 47 points in 51 games? Parenteau is a top 6 forward period.