• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a 1963 corvair that runs but doesn't start....i would be willing to trade it for a decent mountain bike

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh wait.....not that kind of trade

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, a team that plays soft trades one of it's only gritty players. Sounds like a great idea.

:L

Pretty much... Oh, I would be soooooo pissed.

Hopefully Dougie hasn't gone completely insane to trade Clowe right now.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know how you can gear this team up for the playoffs and trade a guy like Ryane Clowe. Maybe I am biased towards him because he is my favorite player on the team but you have to have a guy like Ryane Clowe on this team in the playoffs, he's one of the few players on the team who plays playoff style hockey. In my opinion Thornton or Marleau should go before Clowe but with those NTC's we all know that's probably not going to happen, we are stuck with these fools and their satisfaction with mediocrity for pretty much the rest of their careers. If Clowey is traded, the return better be more than well fucking worth it. I will be PISSED if he is dealt either way.

I don't see Clowe as a PO style player. He's to slow. You need players who can play the game fast where as Clowe always tries to slow the game down. Over a seven game series against the best teams this style of game will fail. You want guys who can close gaps quickly to finish hits and more often then not Clowe is two steps behind. He has the mentality just not the physical tools.

Teams that win the cup do so with players who play the game with speed. The Sharks have major problems matching up with the Vancouvers and Chicagos of the league because those teams skill players are not only highly skilled but also have a ton of speed and agility.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Clowe as a PO style player. He's to slow. You need players who can play the game fast where as Clowe always tries to slow the game down. Over a seven game series against the best teams this style of game will fail. You want guys who can close gaps quickly to finish hits and more often then not Clowe is two steps behind. He has the mentality just not the physical tools.

Teams that win the cup do so with players who play the game with speed. The Sharks have major problems matching up with the Vancouvers and Chicagos of the league because those teams skill players are not only highly skilled but also have a ton of speed and agility.

I get what you mean. It's better to be skilled and fast, rather than skilled and big (and not fast). I think the part that has me (and others) so hesitant to trade him is his actual leadership qualities. Something the team lacks from its...leaders.

Trading Clowe for a speed upgrade would be a big shift in roster makeup and philosophy. With Clowe and Thornton on separate lines, and it always seems they are on separate lines, it's a low cycle, protect the puck, grind it out type of offensive possession. Removing Clowe from the roster and replacing him with a speedier player takes a big element away from that type of grind-it-out play. Perhaps Doug should have thought of this before the season started.

Like you said, the league is full of teams that play fast now. It seems offensive cycles are in tight places where teammates set picks for one another. You fight fire with fire, speed with speed. The size that Clowe brings is on the perimeter as he rarely goes to the front of the net. That's just not his game. So now we have two of the biggest forwards who don't really provide a net presence. One should go to bring in speed. Sucks that the one that should go has a NMC.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say the Sharks should look for a right handed shooting RW. Plus a speedy winger that has skill and likes to finish his checks. Maybe Doug will call on Owen Nolan as a depth forward.

If Havlat can't get over his injury in time, then I say Doug will have to make a spash at the deadline.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you mean about the interdivisional trading and how that can raise a player's price, but Morrow has another year on his contract (decent at $4.1) making him more valuable in a trade. Doan is interdivision and also a pending UFA, but I value him more than Teemu. Iginla isn't in the same division but he also has another year remaining and you can bet every playoff contender with cap space is going to place a bid for Iggy creating a bidding war. Teemu should be the cheapest of those 4 players.

....but Teemu, Iginla, Doan will have the final say if or when they are asked to be dealt. I do agree that Teemu would be the cheapest to make a deal happen.

I would love to have Iginla or Doan on the Sharks, but I still would like another 3rd liner upgrade also.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hawks picked up Brendan Morrison for Brian Connelly (whom I never heard of)... Thoughts?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
good for them morriosons career has been over for about 4 years now

with that said, his 11pts in 28gms is still a better avg then majority of SJs roster... so a guy with a career thats over puts up better numbers then bout 3/4ths our forwards?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
with that said, his 11pts in 28gms is still a better avg then majority of SJs roster... so a guy with a career thats over puts up better numbers then bout 3/4ths our forwards?

Playing primairly between Iginla and Tanguay or Glencross and Stempniak. Which top six on the Sharks roster has fewer points or a lower PPG than him? Just curious.

Connelly is a career AHLer and I'd still say the Flames got the best of the deal.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Playing primairly between Iginla and Tanguay or Glencross and Stempniak. Which top six on the Sharks roster has fewer points or a lower PPG than him? Just curious.

Connelly is a career AHLer and I'd still say the Flames got the best of the deal.

Best part of that deal for calgary was the cap relief lol:ipw:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thornton: 47/38
Marleau: 47/36
Couture: 47/36
Pavelski: 47/34
Clowe: 42/26
Handzus: 46/17
McGinn: 47/16
Mitchell: 43/12
Desjardins: 44/11
Winchester: 47/9
Ferriero: 21/7
Murray: 39/4
Wingels: 9/2
McClaren: 7/0

Well considering there are only 5 sharks on the active roster that have a better PPG then Morrison, you tell me. One of these guys has to be playing in the top 6 position. And even so, for a career minor leaguer, seemd like he'd be an upgrade over the bottom 6 as well. So like I said, a guy whos career has been over for 4 years puts up better numbers then Handuz, Mcginn, Mitchell, Desjardins, Winchester, Ferriero, Murray, Wingels & McClaren

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fact that the sharks desperately lack scoring, any little move like this would be a plus for them. they cant win 1-0 shootsouts forever

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thornton: 47/38
Marleau: 47/36
Couture: 47/36
Pavelski: 47/34
Clowe: 42/26
Handzus: 46/17
McGinn: 47/16
Mitchell: 43/12
Desjardins: 44/11
Winchester: 47/9
Ferriero: 21/7
Murray: 39/4
Wingels: 9/2
McClaren: 7/0

Well considering there are only 5 sharks on the active roster that have a better PPG then Morrison, you tell me. One of these guys has to be playing in the top 6 position. And even so, for a career minor leaguer, seemd like he'd be an upgrade over the bottom 6 as well. So like I said, a guy whos career has been over for 4 years puts up better numbers then Handuz, Mcginn, Mitchell, Desjardins, Winchester, Ferriero, Murray, Wingels & McClaren

When healthy none of those are top six guys. You're really streaching now. Everyone one here knows none of those guys belong in the top six and wouldn't be with a healthy line up. Point is if Morrison was playing in the bottom six most of the year for Calgary like those you highlighted have for San Jose you're looking at a guy with maybe 5 points on the year.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When healthy none of those are top six guys. You're really streaching now. Everyone one here knows none of those guys belong in the top six and wouldn't be with a healthy line up. Point is if Morrison was playing in the bottom six most of the year for Calgary like those you highlighted have for San Jose you're looking at a guy with maybe 5 points on the year.

LOL Im not stretching, im answering your question. I never said bring him in for a top 6 forward spot. I said his ppg avg is better then majority of the sharks forwards, which in fact it is. YOU brought up the top 6 thing, remember?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I brought up the trade asking what the boards thoughts were cause I think he'd be an upgrade over some of the turds that are on the SJ roster & we was aquired for next to nothing.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL Im not stretching, im answering your question. I never said bring him in for a top 6 forward spot. I said his ppg avg is better then majority of the sharks forwards, which in fact it is. YOU brought up the top 6 thing, remember?

It's only better because he is playing a top six role with Calgary. You claimed he's producing better than a portion of San Jose roster then listed a bunch of players not in the same role. You're compairing apple to oranges. If Ferriero or a couple others on that list played full time top six their numbers would be compairable to if not far better than Morrisons.

If Morrision came in to San Jose in a bottom six role you, yes even you, would be singing the praises of Michael Handzus.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's only better because he is playing a top six role with Calgary. You claimed he's producing better than a portion of San Jose roster then listed a bunch of players not in the same role. You're compairing apple to oranges. If Ferriero or a couple others on that list played full time top six their numbers would be compairable to if not far better than Morrisons.

If Morrision came in to San Jose in a bottom six role you, yes even you, would be singing the praises of Michael Handzus.

bwahahaha that shit was true speak and funny lol

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about signing Brad Stuart in the offseason? Reports are that he may not re-sign in Detroit to be closer to his family, who live in San Jose.

It would certainly make Murray expendable. If Wilson thinks he has the inside track on Stuart I wouldn't mind seeing Murray being traded by the deadline (and I'm probably Murray's biggest fan here).