• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Nabby would say yes to Chicago. I'm sure Garth would allow him to talk to Bowman. Nabokov would be the starter in Chicago. In Detroit he'd be the backup. Nabby wants to play.

I'm not sure any goalie wants to play behind that defense. If the Isles were out of the PO's for sure then yeah he'd go but until then I think he'd rather stay on Long Island.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Nabby would say yes to Chicago. I'm sure Garth would allow him to talk to Bowman. Nabokov would be the starter in Chicago. In Detroit he'd be the backup. Nabby wants to play.

Howards hurt and Nabby is a big threat to take over the #1 spot in detroit

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love it!!! haha I been saying they should pick him up, but for some reason articles around here say that picking him up would be pointless cause it wouldnt improve their goaltending and that chi chould go after kipprisoff instead... I dont understand that logic...

Makes no sense to me either...
Nabby is WAY better than Emery and Crawford...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WTF man is everyone tapping into the Eklund blog or something lol

Did Eklund post something about Whitney to the Sharks? If he did it might be the most logical thing he's posted, err...well, ever. Unless he said the Sharks were trading Marleau or Thornton for him.

It would make for a hell of a story. Sharks 2nd ever draft pick coming back to play for them. Would be even better if they won the cup. :thumb:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did Eklund post something about Whitney to the Sharks? If he did it might be the most logical thing he's posted, err...well, ever. Unless he said the Sharks were trading Marleau or Thornton for him.

It would make for a hell of a story. Sharks 2nd ever draft pick coming back to play for them. Would be even better if they won the cup. :thumb:

nah i just assumed because of the "sharks are interested in him even though he is not on the market" statement lol seems like a E5 level rumor

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nah i just assumed because of the "sharks are interested in him even though he is not on the market" statement lol seems like a E5 level rumor

Eklund would post that they are trying to trade for someone who'd never be available like Teows. At least there is a good chance Whitney might be moved at the deadline depending on how the next two weeks go for the Yotes.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow...Ray Whitney is only 39, and Nolan is 40. I though Whitney broke into NHL 2-3 years before Nolan.

No Nolan came into the league with Quebec, when they had Sundin,Sakic,Kovalenko,Goulet,Kamensky, and Fiset. He blew his knee out his sophmore year i think so it seemed like he came into the league later

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they've won 3 straight & just went into OT vs the Flames.

They are going to have to do a lot more than that. Even after 4 straight wins they are only 3 points away from dropping to 12th. They go .500 or worse over the next two+ weeks and they end up a ways out of the PO picture.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to have to do a lot more than that. Even after 4 straight wins they are only 3 points away from dropping to 12th. They go .500 or worse over the next two+ weeks and they end up a ways out of the PO picture.

True, but they are playing well right now. The Yotes have a very favorable schedule the rest of the season. Lots of home cooking.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was cracking up when I saw a CSNBA blog post (by that Kurz guy) titled "Sharks interested in Whitney"... I was like... yeah.. them and 10+ other contending teams.

I'd be shocked if he came to SJ... I just don't see it.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True, but they are playing well right now. The Yotes have a very favorable schedule the rest of the season. Lots of home cooking.

They've been a streaky team all year that seem to go as Mike Smith goes. If Smith goes into another one of his funks where he looks like he doesn't even belong in the ECHL much less the NHL they could be in trouble. The Yotes play 4 games on the road and 3 games at home before the deadline and their home record (13-10-4) isn't much better than their away record (13-11-4) so I'm not sure how much of a favor that is. With the exception of Edmonton they have a very tough schedule between now and the deadline.

We'll see what happens but if they drop to 4 or more points behind the 8th seed I wouldn't be surprised if they become sellers.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about 17 days left Doug,

Tick, Tick, TICK!