• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been a streaky team all year that seem to go as Mike Smith goes. If Smith goes into another one of his funks where he looks like he doesn't even belong in the ECHL much less the NHL they could be in trouble. The Yotes play 4 games on the road and 3 games at home before the deadline and their home record (13-10-4) isn't much better than their away record (13-11-4) so I'm not sure how much of a favor that is. With the exception of Edmonton they have a very tough schedule between now and the deadline.

We'll see what happens but if they drop to 4 or more points behind the 8th seed I wouldn't be surprised if they become sellers.

If they become sellers every team battling for a playoff spot is going to want Shane Doan.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They've been a streaky team all year that seem to go as Mike Smith goes. If Smith goes into another one of his funks where he looks like he doesn't even belong in the ECHL much less the NHL they could be in trouble. The Yotes play 4 games on the road and 3 games at home before the deadline and their home record (13-10-4) isn't much better than their away record (13-11-4) so I'm not sure how much of a favor that is. With the exception of Edmonton they have a very tough schedule between now and the deadline.

We'll see what happens but if they drop to 4 or more points behind the 8th seed I wouldn't be surprised if they become sellers.

Smith will likely wear down soon,its just his history. Though he may go all craig anderson on people too.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: Do any of you feel Doug will make a BIG splash this trade deadline? A BIG splash to me is getting 2 gritty grinders & a sniper. I wanna list names, but it would take too long.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big splash? No way.

That would be admitting that he fucked up with his moves during the off-season... which, let's be honest, aside from getting rid of Heatley, he did.

Plus, there aren't many sellers out there and he price being asked is "too much" from what other GMs have said... so I highly doubt Dougie will make any significant move.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big splash? No way.

That would be admitting that he fucked up with his moves during the off-season... which, let's be honest, aside from getting rid of Heatley, he did.

Plus, there aren't many sellers out there and he price being asked is "too much" from what other GMs have said... so I highly doubt Dougie will make any significant move.

Burns has improved since the beginning of the season and has more points than Seto does even with his craptastic start. We'll have to wait and see how the other pieces of that deal pan out but as of now I don't see that deal as being a loss. The Heatley for Havlat swap actually looks quite a bit worse in comparison at this point.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they become sellers every team battling for a playoff spot is going to want Shane Doan.

Doan is another player the Sharks are rumored to be interested in. John Shannon of SportsNet said yesterday that Doan has officially listed the teams he'll except a trade to as, in no perticular order, Detroit, San Jose, NY Rangers, and Vancouver.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doan is another player the Sharks are rumored to be interested in. John Shannon of SportsNet said yesterday that Doan has officially listed the teams he'll except a trade to as, in no perticular order, Detroit, San Jose, NY Rangers, and Vancouver.

What do you think it would take to bring Doan here? If I'm PHX I think I would demand Demers or Braun. I wouldn't do that if I'm Doug, I would rather give up the first rounder than either of those two young Dmen. Sharks rarely hit with their first rounders anyway.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you think it would take to bring Doan here? If I'm PHX I think I would demand Demers or Braun. I wouldn't do that if I'm Doug, I would rather give up the first rounder than either of those two young Dmen. Sharks rarely hit with their first rounders anyway.

Rentals very rarely return full time roster players that are above the level of someone like Mitchell or McGinn. It would probably take a 1st and high end prospect (Petrecki, Doherty, Stalock, Anderson, Nieto, Hamilton) to get Doan.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of the teams listed the Rangers have the best farm system. So they would be the favorite. However, I've heard Sather is trying to acquire Ryan Smyth from Edmonton. Smyth is willing to waive his no trade clause to go to the Rangers. We shall see.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rentals very rarely return full time roster players that are above the level of someone like Mitchell or McGinn. It would probably take a 1st and high end prospect (Petrecki, Doherty, Stalock, Anderson, Nieto, Hamilton) to get Doan.

That's still a little steep for a rental, IMO... but the farm does have too many goalie prospects so you'd think one could be gone (with a pick)... and Phoenix looks like they could use a goalie or 3. /shrug

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Id kinda rather have Whitney then Doan... Dont the Sharks have enough centers on the roster already?

How bout Niemi back to Chi for Sharp, then trade for Nabby? lol thatd be nice

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns has improved since the beginning of the season and has more points than Seto does even with his craptastic start. We'll have to wait and see how the other pieces of that deal pan out but as of now I don't see that deal as being a loss. The Heatley for Havlat swap actually looks quite a bit worse in comparison at this point.

You're right about Burns... he has improved a lot... and I'm mostly OK with conceding that he's a good addition. And I'm definitely OK with Heatley/Havlat swap, even with Havlat being what he's been... I disliked Heatley THAT much.

But then there's shit that doesn't make sense like... Colin Fuckin' White... and.. the team has no 3rd or 4th line... and Mitchell is still in the NHL and on this roster. And should have prolly kept Scotty Nichol. And other shit.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id kinda rather have Whitney then Doan... Dont the Sharks have enough centers on the roster already?

I think I'd rather have Whitney too, but only because Whitney would be cheaper. If Doug is going to break the bank, I'd rather he go for two forwards that are solid in their roles (one scorer, one speedy grinder), rather than one great pick up (Doan). I believe Doan is winger btw. If Doan is available, there will be a huge bidding war that I don't want Doug to be a part of.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Neither Doan or Whitney are centers. Whitney is a LW and Doan is a RW.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know Whitneys a LW, but if Doans a RW why is he listed as a C?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Whitneys a LW, but if Doans a RW why is he listed as a C?

Because when it comes to hockey, ESPN still thinks that Reagan is president. He's been a RW now for the at least 3 years if memory serves me correctly.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1013

I'd prefer Whitney to Doan, but I'd take either one in a heartbeat. I'd love to grab one of these guys and Travis Moen (if he can be had for a 3rd Rounder).

Last edited by a moderator: