• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much classic Eklund though from what I understand isn't it? If he's not predicting some ridiculous trade that will never happen he's riding the coattails of some other source that actually has a good reputation correct?

Not trying to be a jerk or anything I just never read Eklund and I've read posts from others that seems to paint him in a pretty negative light.

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Both sides have confirmed that they are discussing the possibility of a re-signing. According to McKenzie it was Nabokov's side that initiated the talks.

If the GM says we arent trading you cause we THINK we will make the playoffs, do you A) sign with the shitball team your on for garenteed money or B) test FA with nothin garenteed...

Any team interested in him is a playoff team/cup contender with goalie issues (ex Det/Chi) and want him for the playoffs, he's dirt cheap & they know what they are getting. These same teams arent going to be interested in him at the start of next season, when as a FA he will ask for more then league minimum.

If your backed into a corner, your gonna take the $$$$ vrs the chance, so dont make it seem like Nabbys side initiated it cause he's so happy in NY & wants to stay there. If Snow had put him on the market like he had planned, do you think for 1 second any of this contract talk woulda came about?
Again, snows a dickhead.

Wording is everything and while its worded that hes happy as a virgin busting his first nut & his side initiated it, the contract talk is for one reason and that would be Snow said No im not trading you...

Mod Edit

Last edited by a moderator:

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geebus do you always have to be the ultimate contrarian? Everything that's been posted points to him actually liking it in New York with the Islanders. It's obvious you have a man crush on Nabby and that's fine. But don't jump down people's throats because their view on the situation is different than yours. It's not like they're posting outlandish things with nothing to back it up. They're passing along news.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geebus do you always have to be the ultimate contrarian? Everything that's been posted points to him actually liking it in New York with the Islanders. It's obvious you have a man crush on Nabby and that's fine. But don't jump down people's throats because their view on the situation is different than yours. It's not like they're posting outlandish things with nothing to back it up. They're passing along news.

My post is directed at the contract talks, sorry that offends you...
The last sentance of my post towards Sharks23 is in responce to his post towards me that had nothing to do with the contract topic, try looking at the previous page & finding it cause only one I jumped down their throat is sharks23 at the end and the rest of the post isnt directed towards him...

Is that you Garth Snow??

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not offended, just seems like you don't want to believe the documented reports and direct quotes from people that are actually involved in the situation. And that obviously stems from your being a big fan of Nabby's. I get that, but just because you would still be pissed off about the situation Nabby's in doesn't mean he still is. He may like it there just fine, as his posted statements seem to suggest.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And common, just cause the media says it, it has to be true? He's not gonna go on record saying how he doesnt like it their, that wouldnt help him out in anyway possible.

If you didnt like your job, would you go into work everyday telling you boss, man this place blows ass. No, you do your job til something better comes along or kiss his ass for more money.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS Eklund goes on record saying stuff thats not true everyday. If it was, the sharks would be getting a new roster on a weekly basis.

Theres pretty much 2 guys that I belive what they say to the media. Roenick & Thomas.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it would take to get him or if he is even on the table but the guy I have wanted on this team for years is Jason Chimera. Dude has wheels and size, very physical and is good on both ends of the ice. How awesome would a Chimera, Handzus, McGinn line be?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, except he wouldn't be guaranteed a starting job there either, would he?

Don't they have a bunch of young goalies they wanted to take a look at?

There's also all that money they're paying DiPietro?

The goalie situation for the Islanders is up in the air. Depending on the next CBA Dipietro could be bought out. Nabokov & Montoya will both be UFA's at the end of the season. Kevin Poulin has shown he's ready to be given a shot with the big club. The Islanders expect big things from him in the future.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
23Sharks and Likewall32 watch the personal attacks if you wish to keep posting here.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it would take to get him or if he is even on the table but the guy I have wanted on this team for years is Jason Chimera. Dude has wheels and size, very physical and is good on both ends of the ice. How awesome would a Chimera, Handzus, McGinn line be?

He would be the absolute perfect PKing grinder for the Sharks. Before the regular season started when the Caps were in a salary cap bind, many wanted Chimera. Since then he's been extended for another 2 years by the Caps to a very decent contract. I'm afraid it would take quite a bit to get him out of there.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He would be the absolute perfect PKing grinder for the Sharks. Before the regular season started when the Caps were in a salary cap bind, many wanted Chimera. Since then he's been extended for another 2 years by the Caps to a very decent contract. I'm afraid it would take quite a bit to get him out of there.

Yeah Dale Hunter loves chimera i doubt hes available, size and speed and he hits and scores. Those guys are hard to come by anymore

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And common, just cause the media says it, it has to be true? He's not gonna go on record saying how he doesnt like it their, that wouldnt help him out in anyway possible.

If you didnt like your job, would you go into work everyday telling you boss, man this place blows ass. No, you do your job til something better comes along or kiss his ass for more money.

McKenzie is one of, if not the, most respected NHL insiders. He's one of very few that double and tripple check thier sources before reporting anything. Is he always right? No. Does everything he says end up happening? No, but what he says is as close to fact as anyone out there.

I would expect Nabokov to speek kindly about the Isles even if he didn't want to stay. What I wouldn't expect is for him to be as interested as he appears to be in re-sign with the team. Guaranteed money isn't going to keep him in a place he doesn't want to be.

The Islanders have a solid team and still hold a reasonable chance at the PO's. Snow's job is to do what's best for the Islanders. So let me ask what's the bigger dick move? Keeping Nabokov who increases the Islanders chance of making the PO's or trading Nabokov, to a team who might not make the PO's themselves, and at the same time decrease the chances of the other 23 players on the Islanders team of making the PO's.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Knuble has a seat open for him on the Shark's bus/plane? :think:

13 Days left Doug! :cell:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Nash comes to SJ is if Patty, Jumbo, or Boyle leave. Just can't work out cap wise.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually...

Havlat + Murray + 1st + top D prospect (Petrecki?)

No way CBJ takes that package.