• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know I sound like a homer but I'm not interested in any trade that has Couture being shipped out. Pavelski or Clowe, I can deal with, not LoCo.

Wilson better consider Couture as "Untouchable". I think he's undoubtedly the next captain of the Sharks. I'm also not in favor of moving Pavelski for Nash. Since his move to the wing position full time his contributions in almost every aspect of the game have skyrocketed. While Nash is certainly a much more gifted offensive player, Pavelski's total contributions to the team out weigh Nash's offense IMO.

The problem with dealing either Clowe or Pavelski for him is it still leaves a major hole in the roster and a lot less cap space to fill it. Although a deal at the deadline for Nash would still leave the Sharks with close to $4m in cap space remaining plus whatever salary was move to CBJ. A rental could be aquired though I doubt the Sharks would have enough assets left to land one.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 Days Left DOUG! Hope you've been charging your cell phone :cell:

My Wish list is Doan, Gaustad, Moen. The Sharks would get 2 pk'ers and a RW that can play on the 2nd or 3rd line. :pray2:

Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski
Clowe, Couture, Havlat
McGinn, Handzus, Doan
Winchester/Dejardin, Gaustad, Moen

This roster would give TMac the option to never shorten his bench. :whoo:

Sorry to :rant: i'm just bored right now!

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pavs and Couture should never be trade bait no matter what. I'd give up Clowe and Mitchell plus some future draft items for Nash.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Couture has probably one of the best (cheapest) contracts too... what a bargain.

IIRC, he makes less than Torrey Mitchell.... ugh.. so sad.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pavs and Couture should never be trade bait no matter what. I'd give up Clowe and Mitchell plus some future draft items for Nash.

Unless Nash has a no-trade clause, and he just wants to come to SJ. Why would Columbus want Clowe and Mitchell? Bottom teams like Columbus should take back draft picks and prospects only...or "superstar" like Jumbo. Other than Couture, everyone is good to go.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Nash has a no-trade clause, and he just wants to come to SJ. Why would Columbus want Clowe and Mitchell? Bottom teams like Columbus should take back draft picks and prospects only...or "superstar" like Jumbo. Other than Couture, everyone is good to go.

He does have a NTC. If he told management to go ahead and shop him, that almost forces CBJ to deal him. If he told management to shop him, he obviously doesn't mind leaving. So now, CBJ has a Captain that doesn't really want to be there. They can either play hardball with any inquiring teams, risk not dealing him, and bringing back a player that doesn't really care to be there, or deal him to a team that proposes any sort of a decent deal.

I agree Clowe is not an ideal centerpiece for a trade. They would rather have top prospects imo. It's a good thing the Sharks don't have any of those or Doug might actually make a legitimate pitch for Nash.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Roenick is saying Kane might be available to fix their G situation. Would love to land Kane if SJ is not giving up too much.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't get why anyone would want to even think about trading Pavs. The guy is a proven winner all around and not too big of a cap hit in return for what he brings to the team. SJ would be nuts to trade him.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roenick is saying Kane might be available to fix their G situation. Would love to land Kane if SJ is not giving up too much.

Given the Conference rivalry and Kane's ability, I assume that SJ would have to give up too much.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get why anyone would want to even think about trading Pavs. The guy is a proven winner all around and not too big of a cap hit in return for what he brings to the team. SJ would be nuts to trade him.

I'm not saying anyone should do it but if you can get someone who is better (taking into account cap hit, all around game, what they would bring to the team, how they would fit in with and help the team, etc) then it would be foolish not to make that move, and beyond close minded to not, at the least, think about it. Cheers.

:focus:

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to believe that Hawks would trade Kane....I don't think they will do that...a guy is only 24....

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Kanes like the face of the franchise. And I dont see them trading him to fix the goaltending situation. Teams just dont trade franchise players to get a goalie. But in that case Neimi, Burns, Marleau for Kane, Crawford & Sharp haha make it happen asap Dougie!

Man and this comes after I JUST said the only 2 guys I believe what comes out of their mouth are JR & Thomas, way ta make me look bad JR! lol

(insert "you dont need roenick to make yourself look bad" comment here -- ZING!! LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW Nabby had another great outing last night, I really wish he'd go into a slump so the Isles drop in the standings... That PJ Plateanuaeuaueu guy someone mentioned before also had another good game...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: if Doug trades one of the Shark's dman, will he add another dman?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kanes like the face of the franchise. And I dont see them trading him to fix the goaltending situation. Teams just dont trade franchise players to get a goalie. But in that case Neimi, Burns, Marleau for Kane, Crawford & Sharp haha make it happen asap Dougie!

Man and this comes after I JUST said the only 2 guys I believe what comes out of their mouth are JR & Thomas, way ta make me look bad JR! lol

(insert "you dont need roenick to make yourself look bad" comment here -- ZING!! LOL)

I'd say Jonathan Toews is more the face of that franchise then Kane.

Kypreos (the real Kypreos) speculated about a week ago that a Kane for Ryan Miller trade makes sence for both teams. As JR has a tendency to do he probably took one persons speculation and reported it as rumor.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say Jonathan Toews is more the face of that franchise then Kane.

Kypreos (the real Kypreos) speculated about a week ago that a Kane for Ryan Miller trade makes sence for both teams. As JR has a tendency to do he probably took one persons speculation and reported it as rumor.

Well face of the franchise by fans standards. Anyway, I still wouldnt trade him, let alone for a goalie even a goalie like Miller. Bowman would probably have to go into a witness protection program.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As far fetched as it might seem Dougie's relationship with the Hawks might come into play. Sharks might have a slight advantage if they put Kane on the block.