• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think its a good deal for LA. JJ is the most overrated, overpaid Dman. His defensive play is atrocious and I wouldnt want him for anywhere near 4.5M. Carter obviously is having a rough year, but he has averaged nearly 40 goals a year the 3 previous years for just over 5M per year. He may be signed for a bigillion years, but it will help LA for a while...

Nash remains a blue jacket for now, but there arent a whole lot more teams in the mix, so this could really help dougie...

I gotta admit LA got a sweet deal here for the reasons you mentioned. The only thing bad about Carter is that his deal runs 5 years too long. But for the next 5-6 years, he's on a good cap hit and he provides a lot on the ice.

Perhaps all that partying is just a phase. Hard to resist the party scene if you're a young millionaire athlete. If him and Richards make hockey their #1 priority, they will be great building blocks for the Kings' future. A core of Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Doughty, Quick is solid. They just need a coach that won't neuter them offensively.

On the flip side, they may go wild in LA and party till the break of dawn.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miettinen on waivers for the Peg.

Even with his struggles, I'd take a chance on Miettinen. He didn't really have a training camp and he'd be a 3rd/4th liner here with less pressure. He did ok on a line with Koivu in Minnesota. He's not a complete offensive black hole and he's only $1.5mil for next season so we could just be next years (better) Torrey Mitchell.

If DWil does try and make a big splash, I'd try to leverage his good relationship with New Jersey and grab Zach Parise and sign him to a long term contract. If the Sharks want to spend $7.8mil long term, I'd rather have Parise >>>>>>> Nash.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Dumbo wants to trade Dustin Brown... who can the Sharks offer for him? Hmm...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dreger and McKenzie tweeting that the Rangers and Leafs are the only teams with substantial offers on the table for Nash. Maybe, hopefully, DWil is moving away from aquiring Nash.

I wonder, with Feaster going ape shit on his team up in Calgary, if Wilson will turn his attention to Iginla. If you had not heard Feaster called out the entire team, singling out much of the leadership, for their play the last two games and stated he is not standing pat this trade deadline. It sounded like he's ready to blow up the team.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty fucking fantastic.

How does Thornton feel about playing up in Calgary? Anyone know?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger and McKenzie tweeting that the Rangers and Leafs are the only teams with substantial offers on the table for Nash. Maybe, hopefully, DWil is moving away from aquiring Nash.

I wonder, with Feaster going ape shit on his team up in Calgary, if Wilson will turn his attention to Iginla. If you had not heard Feaster called out the entire team, singling out much of the leadership, for their play the last two games and stated he is not standing pat this trade deadline. It sounded like he's ready to blow up the team.

So all those sharks rumors are false about Nash?

Darn it to hell!?!?! Lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So all those sharks rumors are false about Nash?

Darn it to hell!?!?! Lol

I don't think they are false I just don't think Wilson is going to give in to what Howson's asking price is. San Jose was probably a frunt runner for Nash for a while when the Rangers and Leafs were still deciding weather or not they'd move the assets required to bring Nash in. Now that it appears both teams are willing San Jose has taken a back seat as those teams have more to offer.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very possible although I think their aptness to party overshadows the fact that those two led the Flyers and their goalie tandem of Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher to within 2 wins of the Stanley Cup. It could backfire, but it also might work out really well (Lombardi better hope so anyway). LA's defense was already good, and getting rid of Johnson is addition by subtraction, which means that LA's O only has to be middle of the pack to make LA a damn dangerous team in the playoffs.

They are both having Terrible seasons for a reason......attitudes

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about adding Dennis Wideman to our blue line, if Doug trades Demers or Braun?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LA's defense was already good, and getting rid of Johnson is addition by subtraction, which means that LA's O only has to be middle of the pack to make LA a damn dangerous team in the playoffs.
g.gif

They would have to make the PO's first which I wouldn't count on as long as Sutter is behind the bench.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hemsky got extended for 2 years/$10M (holy shit) and Modano tweeted this (and later deleted it, I think):

@9modano: 2 yrs/10 million for hemsky. Scored over 20 goals twice in 9yrs.. WTF..!!?

HAHA! I bet all GMs hate the Edmonton one right now...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 days left and it seems like the Nash to San Jose rumors have passed. So do we expect any new additions to this roster, or is Doug Banking on Havlat being the secret weapon.

Tick Tick..........

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 days left and it seems like the Nash to San Jose rumors have passed. So do we expect any new additions to this roster, or is Doug Banking on Havlat being the secret weapon.

Tick Tick..........

Sharks are going no where without a trade. They need someone that is going to change the mentality of the team if at all possible because this team has no confidence to beat someone like Vancouver or this years Detroit or maybe even anyone in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Tick Tick..........

There just aren't many guys available.....Too many teams still in the playoff hunt and that limits trading options....

CJdublé

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don't think sharks will get Nash after NYR dumped off Wolski and his $3.8m cap hit.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't think sharks will get Nash after NYR dumped off Wolski and his $3.8m cap hit.

Yeah but is it worth it to the rags to strip their D corp to get him. you gotta figure Del Zotto and Dubinksy are going the other way at a minimum