• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far Doug hasn't made a trade yet but that's .what I thought was going to happen.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so far Doug hasn't made a trade yet but that's .what I thought was going to happen.

Honestly, I know it won't make a lot of Sharks fans happy, but I hope this is what happens. Unless DWil can trade for a young piece that we can start building around.

This team as is ain't getting through 3 rounds of a tough, tough Western Conference. I don't see any player that is out there that will change that either.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The fact that kostyin is the only trade thats been made makes me think this is going to be a slow one

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I know it won't make a lot of Sharks fans happy, but I hope this is what happens. Unless DWil can trade for a young piece that we can start building around.

This team as is ain't getting through 3 rounds of a tough, tough Western Conference. I don't see any player that is out there that will change that either.

I agree. And the only thing worse than paying for a rental is overpaying for a rental.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team as is ain't getting through 1 round of a tough, tough Western Conference. I don't see any player that is out there that will change that either.

FTFY! :p

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we stop starting Niemi now???

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure ads, it's a good question, but I wouldn't mind it. If Dougie can't see that he needs to build around Couture, Pavelski, Burns, and Vlasic (and possibly Stalock), then he needs to be replaced. I like DWil, but he has let his pride/ego get in the way of objectivity. Thornton is what he is.....DWil should know that by now.

I wouldn't mind Stalock starting off, but if he's getting torched, throw Griess in there. I think we all need to "give up the ghost" so to speak with the Thornton-led Sharks. Just my humble opinion. The problem is, we still have 3 more seasons of this.

I think it would be great if that trade happened, although it probably won't. JvR is a young talent who I think has the potential to be pretty good and I said in another thread that I'd love for the Sharks to get Niemi's $4M per off the books and let Greiss and Stalock battle for the #1 job. To have a goaltending tandem as good as them for under $2M combined would be unheard of in the NHL.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has already been turned down so it ain't happening.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about it a little more, while keeping DWil's trading style in mind, I wonder if JvR would have been shipped right back out of San Jose in a deal for Nash if Dougie would have gotten him. Seems like the type of move Wilson would make.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh Cmon, your credibility with player evalutaion goes down with me every time you post anymore on this board... Wasnt is said that you work as a scout for some pro team before?? Your evaluation of players seems to be terrible if thats the cause, esp how people always tend to put a players "size" into the equasion (sp? before I get busted by gram. police)... So your critcizing this "smallish for.ward" who plays a more grinding game then a bigger Patrick Marleau?? hahhahahahahahahahaha Oh boyyyyy... Please to NOT EVER critique a players smaller build into anything you have to say cause that small 5'9 twerp on this current lineup named Pavelski plays bigger then 90% of the roster... You always preach of slow slow SJ is and SJ needs speed, well newsflash, Kane is f'in fast too... Newsflash, the guy also has better hands then pretty much anyone on the team... Oh wait, someone just handed me another NEWSFLASH, pretty much most of SJs roster has bad turovers, including our be all end all Brent Burns... heres something that that smallish turnover prown forward brings, a set of balls, oh wait, your right, why would SJ want THAT?? (heres where you insert the board coming to your defence, or you making up an imaginary scenerio like in the Eager arguement)

PS, your evaluation of Hand-zues when SJ got him has been 100% correct, oh wait, mine was...

Kane is hardly what I'd describe as a grinding forward. He is immensly skilled offensively but it's not offense that the Sharks are lacking. When a team, like the Sharks, don't have the personell to give a guy like Kane room to use his best assets like skating and stickhandling then size does come into play because more teams will be able to play the body on him and as we've see this year when teams do that he is much less effective. You're also suggesting trading one of the only guys on the Sharks who could create that space for him. To play to his full potential Kane needs a team that plays fast and move their feet well and that's not the Sharks. So unless you're planning on moving out Clowe, Thornton, and Pavelski amoung others for better skating more skilled players Kane makes zero sence. He's a fantastic offensive player for sure but what good would it do the the Sharks to give up one of their best two-way forwards for him? A two-way forward that to this point is out producing him.

If it makes you feel any better the Sharks don't need a biggish forward who has turnover issues and fails in his defensive duties either. i.e. Nash.

How am I off on my evaluation of Handzus other than how much help he'd bring the PK? I said he's very good along the boards which he has been. He's competent defensively which he's shown repetedly to be. I said he could provide decient scoring from the 3rd line and estimated 10-15 goals and 30-35 points barring injury. I said he is a grinding forward who plays well in the tough areas which he has. And I said he is increadibly slow which he is. The one area I was off was saying he will be a great addition to the PK and to this point he's been pretty poor in that aspect. I never expected him to go from one of the best PK forwards in the league like he was the last two years to what we've seen from him this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure ads, it's a good question, but I wouldn't mind it. If Dougie can't see that he needs to build around Couture, Pavelski, Burns, and Vlasic (and possibly Stalock), then he needs to be replaced. I like DWil, but he has let his pride/ego get in the way of objectivity. Thornton is what he is.....DWil should know that by now.

I wouldn't mind Stalock starting off, but if he's getting torched, throw Griess in there. I think we all need to "give up the ghost" so to speak with the Thornton-led Sharks. Just my humble opinion. The problem is, we still have 3 more seasons of this.

Moving Niemi would be an offseason move unless a goalie were coming back. Stalock, because of the injury, isn't ready to step into even a back up role at the moment. If Griess or Niemi were to go down to injury it would probably be Sexsmith who gets the call over Stalock right now. If given a significant amount of starts in the AHL the remainder of this year Stalock might be NHL ready next season.

There are so many issues with this Sharks team right now Doug's best move might be to do nothing until the offseason. Unless he can get a player to build for the future with only having to move a piece like Clowe or Demers then I really don't want to see him do anything other than let the team get healthy.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug lost a few hours to try and make phone calls, because he couldn't take his eyes of this! :clap2: :happyshake:

:behindsofa: cant take my eyes off of it!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Sharks are in on Winnik from COL. He was a pain in the arse when he played for PHX. (per Blob Mac)

I like Winnik and Jones, but they're both UFA's at seasons end so no thanks.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e5 Daniel Winnik to San Jose from Col.............wtf? another big slow forward

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winnik, Galiardi and a 7th for???

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal done
Winnik & Galiardi to San Jose

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e5 Daniel Winnik to San Jose from Col.............wtf? another big slow forward

Don't know what games you've seen Chango, but Winnik can skate very well.

Hopefully it's not Demers or Braun heading back. I don't know why I like Demers so much, but he was sooo good with Vlasic at the end of last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Wingels and Ferriero will go back down to the A, now.