• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In-Season Trade Thread.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think he is more valuable than a player we would get for him. Maybe I am wrong on that.
If we're going down that route of not trading him than Cal becomes the odd man out? I'm just not sure I'd move on from Cal. He has command of this rotation plus power hitting catcher. Saving Cal in his later years he can catch with spot starts at DH.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going down that route of not trading him than Cal becomes the odd man out? I'm just not sure I'd move on from Cal. He has command of this rotation plus power hitting catcher. Saving Cal in his later years he can catch with spot starts at DH.
1- I didn't say we can't or shouldn't trade Ford. What I am saying is you aren't trading Ford just to trade him. It would take a good player to trade him for and I don't see Dipoto trading for that high of a prize. Could he trade him in an overpay? Yes and that would piss me off.

2- Cal will be 28 at the end of the season and I am not sure we want t catch him more as he gets older. I would love to see him catch about 100-110 games and DH about 40-50.

3- Ford is a couple years away and he may not end up as a full time catcher. He may be a guy that spells Cal 40 games a year behind the plate and plays elsewhere 100 games a year if his bat holds.

Don't trade Varitek because you have Dan Wilson.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Arroyo being gone, but not as sure for Ford only because I am not so sure we will get a guy worth trading him for.
The only team the Mariners could trade with that I think they keep Ford (if they actually do a blockbuster) is the White Sox for Robert. Ford makes zero sense for them when their only real prospect is a catcher. It’s all speculation but it just seems every rumor has him as prospect A and one of the middle infielders as prospect B

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- I didn't say we can't or shouldn't trade Ford. What I am saying is you aren't trading Ford just to trade him. It would take a good player to trade him for and I don't see Dipoto trading for that high of a prize. Could he trade him in an overpay? Yes and that would piss me off.

2- Cal will be 28 at the end of the season and I am not sure we want t catch him more as he gets older. I would love to see him catch about 100-110 games and DH about 40-50.

3- Ford is a couple years away and he may not end up as a full time catcher. He may be a guy that spells Cal 40 games a year behind the plate and plays elsewhere 100 games a year if his bat holds.

Ok, I see and interesting.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely agree, but also still so confusing on why they trade Blake Hunt.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team the Mariners could trade with that I think they keep Ford (if they actually do a blockbuster) is the White Sox for Robert. Ford makes zero sense for them when their only real prospect is a catcher. It’s all speculation but it just seems every rumor has him as prospect A and one of the middle infielders as prospect B
Oh ya I hear those rumors too and they make me cringe. I just think he is a top shelf prospect and should only go for an All-Star with tray record and years left. Roberts is fringe that with only his injury history holding him back from being it. I don't think I would be too upset if he went in a Roberts deal if the rest wasn't top 5 or if we didn't get back Kopech or Crochet. Crochet really impressed me. Not Randy level, but I see maybe a James Paxton type.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I see and interesting.
I wasn't trying to be pushy about that. Sometimes what is in my head doesn't read the same when I type it. I just really like the kid and think we need a Vlad, Bo, or ??? in return for him kind of deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree, but also still so confusing on why they trade Blake Hunt.
Ya, I won't ever understand that. But it goes back to Jerry's biggest issue and that is not completing a roster in the offseason causing him to overpay during the season. If we added the bullpen arms that were needed in the winter, no way he makes that deal now.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to be pushy about that. Sometimes what is in my head doesn't read the same when I type it. I just really like the kid and think we need a Vlad, Bo, or ??? in return for him kind of deal.
No worries, I didn't take it that way. I live in Jersey and probably get called an asshole once or twice a week.

Definitely for Vladdy and maybe Bo. Curious to see who else becomes available as more teams fall out of contention.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, I didn't take it that way. I live in Jersey and probably get called an asshole once or twice a week.

Definitely for Vladdy and maybe Bo. Curious to see who else becomes available as more teams fall out of contention.
I definitely am not/would no call you an asshole. You are great on here.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted on the Minor League thread but Farmelo is out with ACL surgery coming up so one less trading piece. Sorry he is hurt, but not sorry he won't be traded.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the posters on this board are awesome
Yes they are. I know I get a bit to excited in my writing. but I really don't have any bad intentions behind them. I said it last year and I still mean it, I really enjoy this board and the people on it. It is a great place to come for me.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I found this interesting:

He hit .306/.348/.432 from 2022-2023 over 242 games. Kind of odd to release him after that performance the last two years.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but I found this interesting:

He hit .306/.348/.432 from 2022-2023 over 242 games. Kind of odd to release him after that performance the last two years.
Ya he signed with the Nationals.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are. I know I get a bit to excited in my writing. but I really don't have any bad intentions behind them. I said it last year and I still mean it, I really enjoy this board and the people on it. It is a great place to come for me.
Being a Mariners fan isn't easy and mostly everyone here has endured long misery from ownerships to flat out horrible product on the field minus 6 or 7 good seasons in total. We all know how you are and that works for us. Never change!