• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Two trade possibilities

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm bored, so why not start up a new thread where there's no real demand for such. In general, I'm loathe to trade considerations being there are so many FA options out there. Plus I'm even more loathe to the thought of trading any of our top prospects. Unless Jesus H is on the trading block, no way should Hahn & co dealing any of our uber prospects, who include Vaughn, Crochet, Kopech (is he still considered such?), or Kelley. So let's get that cleared up pronto. But in playing armchair GM, there are two names for whom I'd certainly be open to trading a few lower end prospects mixed in with one or two of our top 30:

Michael Conforto: To be honest, I only got his name from some of the crowd who post on the Sox Machine website. There's nothing out there at all from the media and other sources indicating that the Mets are looking to trade him. However, they have a new multi-gazillionaire owner who is rumored to be going after George Springer. If so and he lands Springer, then this might produce a bit of a crowd in the outfield, which may in turn open up a trade possibility. But otherwise, nuttin in terms of serious rumors. The reason I like Conforto is he's a lefty bat playing RF and can flat out mash - in short, the perfect fit for the Sox. Downside? He's a one year rental. But the upside to that? It shouldn't cost us any of our top prospects - maybe one or two in the top 30, but no one we couldn't live without (think Rutherford, Sheets, Bush, Flores.....players of that ilk).

Lance Lynn: Unlike Conforto, there are plenty of trade rumors regarding Lynn. The Rangers even dangled his name during the last deadline, but none of the offers got them to budge. It was rumored that the Sox were one of those teams who tried. Too bad the Rangers shit their pants on this. Because with Lynn now officially a one season rental, his trade value has shrunk. At least it better have for the Sox if they were to make another attempt at acquiring his services. He sure as hell isn't going to remain in Texas, unless they offered him some insane extension that no other team in baseball would. Just like with Conforto, I'd only offer prospects who are good, yet we can afford to let go.