• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but is it worth it to the rags to strip their D corp to get him. you gotta figure Del Zotto and Dubinksy are going the other way at a minimum

I don't think Dubinsky would be CBJ's 1st choice. I think they'd target Stepan instead. Something like McDonagh or Del Zotto + Stepan + 1st. Maybe a prospect as well.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Dubinsky would be CBJ's 1st choice. I think they'd target Stepan instead. Something like McDonagh or Del Zotto + Stepan + 1st. Maybe a prospect as well.

sounds like a stupid trade to do from the rangers stand point

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nash is in a similar situation with Nolan when we traded Nolan to the Leafs. Do we really need Nolan that much and how much would we give up. Prospects and picks won't do it IMO. I wish they would take PM or Jumbo :)

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Rangers are out of the Nash sweepstakes for now, since the Blue Jackets will not budge off of their asking price. (Kypreos) While the Sharks remain in thick of the sweepstakes, but will not part with Logan Couture, who is a player the Blue Jackets want. (Stevenson)

:/

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Couture, he is not available in a trade for Nash.

I am starting to warm up to trading Clowe. I still worry about the teams lack of physicality but if his grit can be replaced then I wouldn't mind shipping him out.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Doug makes any type of move. This team is in bad shape in all forms. I say this will be the team we get to look forward to watching from here on out.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Marleau & 1st Rd & Demers for Patrick Kane & a pick. make it happen Doug hahaha ahhh wet dreams before the deadline

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Marleau & 1st Rd & Demers for Patrick Kane & a pick. make it happen Doug hahaha ahhh wet dreams before the deadline

Why would you want Kane? The last thing thing this team needs is a smallish forward who's prone to bad turnovers and lazy on the back check.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you want Kane? The last thing thing this team needs is a smallish forward who's prone to bad turnovers and lazy on the back check.

Thornton for Kane atleast Kane cares about his mullett lol

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tick tick tick.........

I wonder if Doug gets any sleep tonight?

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont see Doug Wilson making any deals this deadline, because he doesn't have any trading pieces with value. I see this being Doug's last year as GM for the Sharks, if this team continues its poor play.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ahh Cmon, your credibility with player evalutaion goes down with me every time you post anymore on this board... Wasnt is said that you work as a scout for some pro team before?? Your evaluation of players seems to be terrible if thats the cause, esp how people always tend to put a players "size" into the equasion (sp? before I get busted by gram. police)... So your critcizing this "smallish for.ward" who plays a more grinding game then a bigger Patrick Marleau?? hahhahahahahahahahaha Oh boyyyyy... Please to NOT EVER critique a players smaller build into anything you have to say cause that small 5'9 twerp on this current lineup named Pavelski plays bigger then 90% of the roster... You always preach of slow slow SJ is and SJ needs speed, well newsflash, Kane is f'in fast too... Newsflash, the guy also has better hands then pretty much anyone on the team... Oh wait, someone just handed me another NEWSFLASH, pretty much most of SJs roster has bad turovers, including our be all end all Brent Burns... heres something that that smallish turnover prown forward brings, a set of balls, oh wait, your right, why would SJ want THAT?? (heres where you insert the board coming to your defence, or you making up an imaginary scenerio like in the Eager arguement)

PS, your evaluation of Hand-zues when SJ got him has been 100% correct, oh wait, mine was...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh Cmon, your credibility with player evalutaion goes down with me every time you post anymore on this board... Wasnt is said that you work as a scout for some pro team before?? Your evaluation of players seems to be terrible if thats the cause, esp how people always tend to put a players "size" into the equasion (sp? before I get busted by gram. police)... So your critcizing this "smallish for.ward" who plays a more grinding game then a bigger Patrick Marleau?? hahhahahahahahahahaha Oh boyyyyy... Please to NOT EVER critique a players smaller build into anything you have to say cause that small 5'9 twerp on this current lineup named Pavelski plays bigger then 90% of the roster... You always preach of slow slow SJ is and SJ needs speed, well newsflash, Kane is f'in fast too... Newsflash, the guy also has better hands then pretty much anyone on the team... Oh wait, someone just handed me another NEWSFLASH, pretty much most of SJs roster has bad turovers, including our be all end all Brent Burns... heres something that that smallish turnover prown forward brings, a set of balls, oh wait, your right, why would SJ want THAT?? (heres where you insert the board coming to your defence, or you making up an imaginary scenerio like in the Eager arguement)

PS, your evaluation of Hand-zues when SJ got him has been 100% correct, oh wait, mine was...

I'm just going to assume this was a drunken post lol Pavelski plays big? He get's run over atleast once a game and never and i mean never initiates contact, unless he's falling down after getting blasted.

Couture plays far more phyiscal game then Pav's. Secondly Kane grinds? Unless you mean against fat chicks in the back of a limo in vancouver, your full of shit. Kane was voted by players in the league as the easiest player in the league to intimidate, hardly the sign of a physically grinding player. Unless your talking about evander kane, at least he beats the shit out of people

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna guess if that did happen (which I'm 50/50 on) that DWil sees something in Stalock that he really likes. The nice thing if the rumor IS true is that Stalock is probably untouchable.

P.S. - I hope there are no big trades this year unless it's for a young, gritty forward who is under contract for a reasonable price. I don't want Nash or Kane. I want guys like Ryan Callahan or Zach Parise (assuming they were tradeable or under contract, but players like them). I want work ethic guys and guys who never quit.

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm gonna guess if that did happen (which I'm 50/50 on) that DWil sees something in Stalock that he really likes. The nice thing if the rumor IS true is that Stalock is probably untouchable.

P.S. - I hope there are no big trades this year unless it's for a young, gritty forward who is under contract for a reasonable price. I don't want Nash or Kane. I want guys like Ryan Callahan or Zach Parise (assuming they were tradeable or under contract, but players like them). I want work ethic guys and guys who never quit.

you think it might have to do with clearing cap room (long term)?

Also, would Stalock be our starting goalie going into (if we make) playoffs?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you think it might have to do with clearing cap room (long term)?

Also, would Stalock be our starting goalie going into (if we make) playoffs?

Not sure ads, it's a good question, but I wouldn't mind it. If Dougie can't see that he needs to build around Couture, Pavelski, Burns, and Vlasic (and possibly Stalock), then he needs to be replaced. I like DWil, but he has let his pride/ego get in the way of objectivity. Thornton is what he is.....DWil should know that by now.

I wouldn't mind Stalock starting off, but if he's getting torched, throw Griess in there. I think we all need to "give up the ghost" so to speak with the Thornton-led Sharks. Just my humble opinion. The problem is, we still have 3 more seasons of this.