• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So has Dominic Moore

It's a lot more common for forwards of Moore's level to move a lot than it is for dmen of White's level. White moves a lot because his offensive ability and ability to move the puck are very desirable but he severely lacks in the defensive zone. Detroit is able to cover up that flaw with arguably the best group of defensively responsible forwards in the game and pairing him with the best dman to ever play.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dregs and Mckenz say J Carter to LA possibly for Jackie J is close to getting done.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dregs and Mckenz say J Carter to LA possibly for Jackie J is close to getting done.

Underachiever for underachiever. If it happens, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards can continue their party hard ways under the bright LA lights.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, it's a done deal?

Carter to LA for Johnson and a 1st round pick? Hmmm.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Sharks get Nash for 1rd pick only now!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear I got this feeling that it's just a matter of time until Nash becomes a Shark.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Sharks get Nash for 1rd pick only now!

I hope not...

Like someone already posted in the other thread... if the price for Carter was this steep, I don't want to know what CBJ is asking for Nash.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This leaves us and NYR in the Nash mix.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter to LA for JJ and a 1st is official pending physical.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PARTY TIME!!!

6a0120a6dde087970b0162fede484f970d-800wi

I ain't scared of no Kings

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Honestly, I think its a good deal for LA. JJ is the most overrated, overpaid Dman. His defensive play is atrocious and I wouldnt want him for anywhere near 4.5M. Carter obviously is having a rough year, but he has averaged nearly 40 goals a year the 3 previous years for just over 5M per year. He may be signed for a bigillion years, but it will help LA for a while...

Nash remains a blue jacket for now, but there arent a whole lot more teams in the mix, so this could really help dougie...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I think its a good deal for LA. JJ is the most overrated, overpaid Dman. His defensive play is atrocious and I wouldnt want him for anywhere near 4.5M. Carter obviously is having a rough year, but he has averaged nearly 40 goals a year the 3 previous years for just over 5M per year. He may be signed for a bigillion years, but it will help LA for a while...

Nash remains a blue jacket for now, but there arent a whole lot more teams in the mix, so this could really help dougie...

I was just about to post this. Jack Johnson is a terrible defenseman. Carter is a good scorer on a bad team with no real play-making center. Time will tell because the first round pick is still in play but it sure looks like as of right now LA wins this trade and IMO they didn't give up that much for a potential 40 goal guy.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dustin Brown on the block now putting pressure on CBJ to move Nash soon.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be either NY or SJ but I think the Rangers are going to grab him.

I'm not going to lie, if we get Rick Nash though and sign him for 6-7 years. I'd like to have him on this team while it's rebuilding. He doesn't seem to be a distraction like Thornton and Marleau are.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be either NY or SJ but I think the Rangers are going to grab him.

I'm not going to lie, if we get Rick Nash though and sign him for 6-7 years. I'd like to have him on this team while it's rebuilding. He doesn't seem to be a distraction like Thornton and Marleau are.

Nash is already signed for 6 or 7 years.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I swear I got this feeling that it's just a matter of time until Nash becomes a Shark.

Same here. If Nash is moved before the deadline I believe it will be to San Jose. If he's moved in the offseason I think he'll go to NY.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I felt Doug let this team down, once he never filled out the roster on the bottom 2 lines at the begining of the season. Doug always wants to give the younger players a chance to play, but for me I don't think it worked out as Wilson planned. Sure McGinn has raised his level of play and has been a bright spot on the lower lines, but TMac doesn't trust his players on the bottom lines to allow them to succeed.

He tried to add more forwards. He offered Vrbata a contract, but he chose to stay in Phoenix. Would have been really nice to get him for sure. Wilson also pursued Jagr and Gagne, but they chose to play elsewhere. He definitely looked to improve the team.
Getting Burns for Seto was a steal. The Havlat injury has definitely put a damper on that deal, but getting rid of Heatley was a plus.
It's so easy for people to sit here and say "Doug should make this move or that move" , but the reality of pulling off deals is much more difficult than that.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dont think Carter is going to do as well as kings fans are hoping for, i think he and richards are going to prove to be cancer on that team

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think Carter is going to do as well as kings fans are hoping for, i think he and richards are going to prove to be cancer on that team

Very possible although I think their aptness to party overshadows the fact that those two led the Flyers and their goalie tandem of Michael Leighton and Brian Boucher to within 2 wins of the Stanley Cup. It could backfire, but it also might work out really well (Lombardi better hope so anyway). LA's defense was already good, and getting rid of Johnson is addition by subtraction, which means that LA's O only has to be middle of the pack to make LA a damn dangerous team in the playoffs.