• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Nash comes to SJ is if Doug can come up with a highway robbery type of trade. To me, Clowe/Havlat does not help CBJ at all. They should be going into a semi-rebuild and getting a 30 year old power forward (or 30 year old injured forward) does not in any way help a rebuild. Demers/Braun are capable middle pairing dmen, nothing great. Late first rounder, nothing great.

Point is, as long as Nash doesn't become toxic in that lockerroom, CBJ are better off waiting for a better deal from another team. That, or Doug gives in and gives up Pavs or Couture. In which case we grab our pitchforks.

I can see Doug doing something like this:
Clowe+Demers+1st rounder 2012+1st rounder 2013+(best goalie prospect)

If CBJ doesn't want it then hang up the phone. If I'm the CBJ GM, I don't take that offer.

I personally don't think that he's pitchfork worthy despite how much I've liked his 2 way play this year. Pretty much in agreement on the rest.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only way Nash comes to SJ is if Doug can come up with a highway robbery type of trade. To me, Clowe/Havlat does not help CBJ at all. They should be going into a semi-rebuild and getting a 30 year old power forward (or 30 year old injured forward) does not in any way help a rebuild. Demers/Braun are capable middle pairing dmen, nothing great. Late first rounder, nothing great.

Point is, as long as Nash doesn't become toxic in that lockerroom, CBJ are better off waiting for a better deal from another team. That, or Doug gives in and gives up Pavs or Couture. In which case we grab our pitchforks.

If CBJ doesn't want it then hang up the phone. If I'm the CBJ GM, I don't take that offer.

Dreger quoted Howson in a recient interview saying, "He's fielding some creative offers." I would be willing to bet he was refering to counter offers made by DWil and that you might not be far off with this.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Doug can pull it off. Howson has no clue how to put a team together. Why the Blue Jackets are allowing him to make trades is beyond me.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would or could Doug involve Stalock to land Nash? :think:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalock is also a non starter

Remember we are talking about Doug Wilson, he did fuck up this team at the begining of the season. Plus he could do anything possible to save his job short term.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson was asked about the Nash rumors today in Toronto and he, of course, side stepped the question. The scary thing is what he said was almost word for word the exact the same thing he said when asked about Heatley before aquiring him.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, can you link me to what Doug said regarding Nash if that's available? Where there's smoke there's fire so I think all the reports about the Sharks being serious are for real. crap

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and PHX acquired Antoine Vermette. I guess they aren't sellers so no more dreams of Whitney or Doan.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon, can you link me to what Doug said regarding Nash if that's available? Where there's smoke there's fire so I think all the reports about the Sharks being serious are for real. crap

Dougie's quotes are at the blog.

He's delusional and thinks the team has recently played "one or two bad games"... I am not quite sure which team he's been watching. :L

Oh and PHX acquired Antoine Vermette. I guess they aren't sellers so no more dreams of Whitney or Doan.

Yeah, if I was about to take over the lead in the division, I wouldn't be sellers either...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stalock should be a non starter but I get the impression that you and I have a much higher view of him than the organization.

Wilson did say he was a "special, special" kid but maybe he meant small bus speshul. I dunno its trading away a lundquivst/ward/brouduer type of goalie its stupid considering how the current situation is panning out

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Korky, stop hurting Niemi's feelings... in case he's reading this forum.

(leave it up to me to call him all kinds of names instead... haha!)

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sharks would be better off with 1 or 2 proven, gritty playoff men like Ott and/or Ribeiro and the price is much better (2 of these types vs. 1 Nash). Ott is awesome in the playoffs when he's healthy.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Korky, stop hurting Niemi's feelings... in case he's reading this forum.

(leave it up to me to call him all kinds of names instead... haha!)

Bet his feelings wouldnt be to hurt after seeing what this numbnuts is willing to pay for his cards... This a a $20 usually, its not rare (250 made) and although its a nice patch, with a patch of the feathers, usually fetches $99. In someones mind Niemi is still god haha

ANTTI NIEMI 09-10 UD THE CUP RC AUTO PATCH 7CLR #'D 47/249 ROOKIE AUTOGRAPH | eBay

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks would be better off with 1 or 2 proven, gritty playoff men like Ott and/or Ribeiro and the price is much better (2 of these types vs. 1 Nash). Ott is awesome in the playoffs when he's healthy.

Riberio is a gritty show boater and thats about where it ends, I'd take Ryder all day long over Riberio.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stalock better stay, we've lost too much sleep having to put up with all the "what could have been" players that got traded. with the way this team is playing this year and with the window closing, it would be a complete waist to try and drive for the cup now and ship off another great prospect when the rebuilding phase for this team is right around the corner.