• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2nd rounders are a crap shoot at best, so its not really that big of a deal. Minnie is going to finish middle of the pack in the standings, so that its going to be a mid 2nd rounder on the high end or late one.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2nd rounders are a crap shoot at best, so its not really that big of a deal. Minnie is going to finish middle of the pack in the standings, so that its going to be a mid 2nd rounder on the high end or late one.

Yea but SJ is very limited on trade bait. besides this, demers, braun (hope not), a goalie prospect, mitchell & a 1st rounder (do they even have one?) they ddidnt have much of anything to offer to begin with.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Demers,Braun,Pavelski,Clowe,Sateri,Mitchell,Mcginn 2nd rounder or first rounder. Petrecki, ummmm probably more lol

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way on Pavs... Doubtful on clowe (tho I could care less) very doubtful on McGinn cause of the great season he's having. Is Petrecki even worth a used jock anymore? Every time I hear his name, his stock has dropped.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im not impressed with the trade. he is a servicable bottom six, but he is a far from a legit offensive threat. I dont see him as much of an upgrade over ferriero, wingels, or even torrey mitchell. I dont beleive that he will help the PK since its the system, not the players that are broken, just ask zues, who was supped to be the big fix and instead things have gotten significantly worse (0 for 1 tonight too).

Im still holding out for a legit top 6 threat...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way on Pavs... Doubtful on clowe (tho I could care less) very doubtful on McGinn cause of the great season he's having. Is Petrecki even worth a used jock anymore? Every time I hear his name, his stock has dropped.

Pav's granted his speed has improved 10 fold, is still smallish and gets pushed around easily in the play offs, so if he is involved in a Nash deal i wont cry over it, he is a great tradeable asset when you factor in his age and salary

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know I sound like a homer but I'm not interested in any trade that has Couture being shipped out. Pavelski or Clowe, I can deal with, not LoCo.

There aren't many players in the league that I would trade Couture for...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still hope for parenteau from NYI.

The sharks are really stocked in net prospects with the return of stalock. He clearly has NHL caliber skills while JP anderson is doing well in the OHL, sateri is looking pretty good and sexsmith is an AHL all star. Griess has looked pretty solid and niemi is signed long term, so the sharks have a glut at the goalie position. Other than poilin and nilson, the isles are thin in net. They might be interested in one of those guys and they desperately need young defense since they only have 4 guys signed through next year and one of them is streit who is nearing the end and another is ness who is AHL fodder. Demers would be a real nice return for them for parenteau especially if they get a legit goaltending prospect too...

How about PA and a 4th rounder for Demers and sexsmith?

With parentau and moore, the sharks would suddenly look like a legit contender and would not have touched their core.

Top 10 of jumbo, patty, cooch, havlat, clowe, pavs, parenteau, handzus, mcginn, moore. They would be able to handle the inevitable injury in the POs with that kind of depth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge trades rarely bring a cup. Keep the good players that we have and add depth. That is much more likely to help this team win a cup than going after a huge name with a matching albatross contract.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moore is a good pick up for the Sharks. He can play both center and RW. Not sure what's going on with him this year scoring wise but he's shown in the past he can produce. A 2nd is a bit of an overpayment for him but nothing major. My guess is he'll push Mitchell down to the 4th line.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Moore is a good pick up for the Sharks. He can play both center and RW. Not sure what's going on with him this year scoring wise but he's shown in the past he can produce. A 2nd is a bit of an overpayment for him but nothing major. My guess is he'll push Mitchell down to the 4th line.

do you think he is sufficient to match up against the big boys in the west? We dont know whats going to happen with havlat, and as much as I like wingels and mcginn, Im just not sure they have the depth to go real deep in the playoffs. clowe is also looking a bit slow to me as well. I think they need more than a depth 3rd liner who an pitch in 10 goals in a season. They need a legit top 6 forward to match up...

look at vancouver with sedin, sedin, kesler, booth, hodgson, hansen, raymond, higgins, etc... They have far greater depth. The wings have 10 players in double digit goals. vancouver has 8. the boos have 8. The sharks have just 6. nearly half the sharks total goals come from 3 players. The sharks are easy to match up against as they currently are and they need some real scary players on the 3rd line to change that.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
do you think he is sufficient to match up against the big boys in the west? We dont know whats going to happen with havlat, and as much as I like wingels and mcginn, Im just not sure they have the depth to go real deep in the playoffs. clowe is also looking a bit slow to me as well. I think they need more than a depth 3rd liner who an pitch in 10 goals in a season. They need a legit top 6 forward to match up...

look at vancouver with sedin, sedin, kesler, booth, hodgson, hansen, raymond, higgins, etc... They have far greater depth. The wings have 10 players in double digit goals. vancouver has 8. the boos have 8. The sharks have just 6. nearly half the sharks total goals come from 3 players. The sharks are easy to match up against as they currently are and they need some real scary players on the 3rd line to change that.

IMO the Sharks need another legit top 6 guy to match the depth of Vancouver or Detroit. Moore is the 2nd/3rd line tweener that is responsible defensively and can add to the PK that the Sharks needed. He has been good in the PO's the last two years and while often being matched up against the other teams top scoring lines.

I'd like to see the Sharks role into the PO's with a forward line up that looks like:

Trade aquisition / Thornton / Pavelski
Marleau / Couture / Clowe
McGinn / Moore / Havlat
Winchester / Handzus / Desjardins

That would be a solid and deep group of forwards.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should also add that Moore brings a bit of that pest asshole factor the Sharks severely lack.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Doug will bring in another 2 Forwards. Moen & ?????

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say NO to Travis Moen. It didn't work the first time and Doug let him walk without offering him a contract. To trade assets for him now would be 1) stupid and 2) admitting he made a mistake.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just say NO to Travis Moen. It didn't work the first time and Doug let him walk without offering him a contract. To trade assets for him now would be 1) stupid and 2) admitting he made a mistake.

I think Moore fills the same role that Moen could/would have with SJ. So if another move is made, and I think most agree it should, it will be for some scoring depth for the top 6.

Not pertaining to your post, but I'm not sure why some aren't on board with the Moore trade because they'd prefer a top 6 guy. Sharks had two top needs and Moore fills one of them. The 2nd rounder he gave up won't be much of a hurdle to Doug filling the other one, imo.

In any event, if he doesn't bring in a top 6 guy and that role has to be filled by Havlat's return (which is a dicey proposition) it won't be because Doug stands pat after acquiring Moore. He'll still be on the lookout imo, and we'll just have to wait and see if something works out. After all, it takes two to tango.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I like the addition of Moen if made possible. Pk'er with some size and speed. Ohwell, I just hope Doug makes the right moves.

Would any of you be upset if Moore is the only move made by Doug?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks need to stop playing Colin White Turd.