• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Purpose Trade Thread

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked up some of Moore's stats and he's a damn good faceoff guy.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MTL just traded D Hal Gil to the Preds for picks + prospects. That means MTL is a seller so AKostitsyn can be had.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks need to stop playing Colin White Turd.

Fortunately when Demers comes off the IR he will push White back into the press box. Rumor has it the Sharks are bringing in Jim Fahey to teach White how to order the pizzas. e4

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 days left Doug to make some more deals.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm reading D Kyle Quincy traded to TBY then traded to DET.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Detroit gave up a 1st round pick for a player who asked them to put him on waivers so he could play somewhere else. Alrighty...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this Shark teams keeps playing like this, I rather Doug do noting.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL.com - Report: Sharks have interest in Nash - 2012 Trade Deadline

Columbus asked for Couture for Nash... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm done.

lol yeah Couture isn't going anywhere. By NMC's Marleau and Thornton are here to stay too (unfortunately). But whatever it takes out of Havlat, Pavs, Clowe, prospects and draft picks to get Nash in San Jose I say do it for reasons I stated in the cap room thread. JMO

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nash isnt the answer, but rather will become a problem if Doug were to trade for him. The Sharks have a very weak top 6 and a even weaker bottom 6. If Doug makes another trade which i highly doubt, it will be for a defensive forward or d-man.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol yeah Couture isn't going anywhere. By NMC's Marleau and Thornton are here to stay too (unfortunately). But whatever it takes out of Havlat, Pavs, Clowe, prospects and draft picks to get Nash in San Jose I say do it for reasons I stated in the cap room thread. JMO

Havlat has a NMC to so its really just pavs and clowe from the top 6

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather Doug go for Moen & Selanne, but I hear Moen is off the table due too a injury "concussion"

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NHL.com - Report: Sharks have interest in Nash - 2012 Trade Deadline

Columbus asked for Couture for Nash... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh man... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm done.

Please dont jinx it, this is Doug where talking bout, no stupid move is safe until the deadline has happened...

This trade year actually seems more like a doomsday. usually its what big name player is dougie gonna get for that first rounder, what GM is he gonna rob. This year I feel more like, how is he gonna fuck up this roster more, who is he gonna overpay for, what untouchable player is he gonna move for a player with less talent...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If dougie parlays clowe+demers/braun+any prospect and 1st rounder into nash, I fail to see how that hurts this team now or in the future.

Clowe is aging and slowing. His lack of speed is a liability right now. I LOVE his heart, and that's hard to find, but his actual play simply isnt getting it done and he is a liability with penalties as well. Demers/braun are goo young Dmen, but as long as one stays, they will still have the other, vlasic and burns in there long term, and murray and boyle in there short term next year as well. The D is deep enough to take a hit like that. I hate to lose another 1st and another top prospect, but the sharks future up front needs to be alot more secure with jumbo and patty reaching into their mid 30's. Only cooch, ginner, and pavs are 27 or less among the top 9 forwards. With all success and trading of prospects/picks over the last 5 years, dougie has to start looking ahead at the future of the forwards and there arent that many 1st line guys out there capable of scoring 40 goals.

The only downside is, of course, the huge money 7.8M over the next 6 years. Clearly that is a major hit, but assuming the cap rises at, say, 5% annually (as it very well might since it has risen faster than that recently), then you have to discount that salary 5% per year, making it more like (7.4M, 7M, 6.7M, 6.35M, 6M, 5.7M) over the 6 years in terms of real cap hit. Still a huge set of numbers, but a whole lot less scary than a constant 7.8. he is also just 27, so he should be at his best for at least the first 3 or 4 years of the deal and he doesnt have an injury history like Havlat since he's played in at least 75 games every season since 2006.

Acquiring him would be a huge gamble and major risk, but at this point, dougie's time with the current roster is up. Jumbo and patty at 33 next year, havlat 31, boyle 36, murray 32... its getting time to go for it now while looking to the future. That's what the burns deal was and that's what a nash deal would be.

p.s.: the sharks cap situation would be OK next year even with nash. Right now, at the current cap number (which may be up or down based on the CBA), the sharks have about 9M left with 14 players signed including all goaltending, top 5 dmen, and top 7 forwards. If they pick up a couple cheapo vets or callups on D for depth and braun replaces demers (traded), then they will have about 8M left with a complete Defense and goaltending. Their 4th line should cost about 2M leaving them with 6M left and 10 forwards. With Nash over clowe, they would have 2M left and need 2 more forwards. Wingels and mcginn will cost a combined 2M or so, so they will be pretty much out of cap space, but can fit in nash.

Nash, thornton, marleau, pavelski, couture, havlat, mcginn, handzus, wingels, 4th line

boyle, burns, vlasic, murray, braun, ??

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clowe is very tradeable he and pavs both fade hard come playoff time, but atleast pavs was nails for 7 games in the po's clowe not so much

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Nash comes to SJ is if Doug can come up with a highway robbery type of trade. To me, Clowe/Havlat does not help CBJ at all. They should be going into a semi-rebuild and getting a 30 year old power forward (or 30 year old injured forward) does not in any way help a rebuild. Demers/Braun are capable middle pairing dmen, nothing great. Late first rounder, nothing great.

Point is, as long as Nash doesn't become toxic in that lockerroom, CBJ are better off waiting for a better deal from another team. That, or Doug gives in and gives up Pavs or Couture. In which case we grab our pitchforks.

I can see Doug doing something like this:
Clowe+Demers+1st rounder 2012+1st rounder 2013+(best goalie prospect)

If CBJ doesn't want it then hang up the phone. If I'm the CBJ GM, I don't take that offer.

Last edited by a moderator: