• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a bit of Joe Staley on NFL Network this afternoon, they asked him about the risks to mobile QBs and Joe responded saying that Kaep got to work a week after the season ended in order to prepare his body for the war that was coming... pretty good answer by Joe.

Sidenote: The clips they showed of Kaep running for TDs, the kind of scary thing is that it seemed like the lead blocker making key blocks on those runs was almost always Delanie Walker... I hope Celek can fill those shoes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Williams - WR - 49ers

49ers WRs Kyle Williams (torn ACL) and Mario Manningham (torn ACL and PCL) will not participate in OTAs.

Williams was facing an uphill battle to be ready for the offseason program, but he's reportedly on pace to return at the start of training camp. Manningham was never expected to participate in OTAs, and he's a candidate to start the season on the PUP list. Both will compete for roster spots.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Apr 11 - 1:34 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Iupati deal next for San Francisco?
Apr 15 2:06PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

After the contract extension between the San Francisco 49ers and OT Anthony Davis was announced, there was speculation as to which player on the roster would be next for a new pact, with some believing that it would be fellow O-lineman (and draft class-mate) Mike Iupati.

According to Albert Breer of the NFL Network (via Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area), those who speculated that Iupati would be next were onto something, as contract talks have started. Maiocco adds that no deal is imminent, as it may take some time for the two sides to agree on a pact for the first-team All-Pro guard. The top-paid guards in football include Carl Nicks ($9.5 million per season) and Logan Mankins ($8.5 million per season).

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m

Free agent TE Cam Morrah is signing with the 49ers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 7m

Free agent TE Cam Morrah is signing with the 49ers

Mildly interesting. There was a long stretch a couple years ago where not too many NFC West draft picks scared me or made me too upset as a 49ers fan. However, in that stretch Morrah was one of the players I didn't like seeing on an NFC West team. He just hasn't been able to stay healthy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
cammorrah.jpg

Any relation to Jim Morrah?

I like. He's the division minicamp ringer. :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cameron Morrah - TE - 49ers

According to CSN Bay Area, newly signed TE Cameron Morrah is not guaranteed a roster spot.

Morrah drips with upside as a "move" tight end, but he's put almost nothing on film through three injury-plagued seasons with the Seahawks. The 49ers are still expected to take a tight end at some point in next week's draft as they cobble together a competition to fill Delanie Walker's shoes. Garrett Celek is also on the roster.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Apr 18 - 9:48 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kendall Hunter - RB - 49ers

Kendall Hunter (Achilles surgery) still expects to be a full go for training camp.

Hunter, who blew out his left Achilles' tendon on Nov. 25, recently resumed sprint work. He won't participate in OTAs or minicamps, but claims he's on track to battle for reps behind Frank Gore come August. Still, it would be an awfully quick recovery for Hunter. Note that Mikel Leshoure's rehab from the same injury lasted roughly 13 months.
Source: Associated Press

Apr 18 - 8:49 AM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Hunter's explosion, I personally would not be surprised to see him potentially start the season on the PUP list. I think it would be the best for him with no pressure to push himself too far too soon.. (although, that's why professional athletes are professional athletes, because they can push themselves further and faster than the general public.)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/early-odds-49ers-53-man-roster
Wide receivers
Locks: Anquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, Quinton Patton
Looking good: A.J. Jenkins, Mario Manningham, Kyle Williams
50-50: Ricardo Lockette
Must impress: Chad Hall, Joe Hastings, Marlon Moore
Note: If healthy, Manningham is the front-runner to be the 49ers' No. 3. The "looking good" category speaks to the level of competition in which there's very little to separate the third spot from the sixth spot. UPDATE: I've already moved Patton to the "locks" category based on how he's already won over coach Jim Harbaugh with this story.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Linebackers
Locks: Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks
Looking good: Dan Skuta, Parys Haralson, Corey Lemonier, Michael Wilhoite
50-50: Cam Johnson, Nick Moody
Must impress: Darius Fleming, Nate Stupar
Note: Haralson, a former starter, is the only backup linebacker with experience. He re-worked his contract to stick around. . . Special teams will decide most of the backup spots.

Moody has to impress on ST's right? cause he doesn't appear to be a serious back-up candidate at ILB?

i would've thought Fleming would be in the 50-50 category? guess he doesn't play ST's at all?