• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers' off-season; Cap Space $8,346,186.00

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Iupati - G - 49ers

49ers LG Mike Iupati is recovering from shoulder surgery, but is expected to be ready for training camp.

It's unknown when Iupati went under the knife, but he's expected to miss OTAs. Iupati suffered a "stinger" in Week 14 against the Dolphins, and began showing up on the injury report with a shoulder designation thereafter. A first-team All Pro in 2012, Iupati has never missed a game in three seasons, and played 98 percent of the 49ers' offensive snaps last year. The mauling run blocker should be fine for the preseason.
Source: Sacramento Bee

May 7 - 1:15 PM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Linebackers
Locks: Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks
Looking good: Dan Skuta, Parys Haralson, Corey Lemonier, Michael Wilhoite
50-50: Cam Johnson, Nick Moody
Must impress: Darius Fleming, Nate Stupar
Note: Haralson, a former starter, is the only backup linebacker with experience. He re-worked his contract to stick around. . . Special teams will decide most of the backup spots.

Moody has to impress on ST's right? cause he doesn't appear to be a serious back-up candidate at ILB?

i would've thought Fleming would be in the 50-50 category? guess he doesn't play ST's at all?

On the contrary, Fleming was thought of as a guy who would primarily contribute on STs initially. He's probably our OLB who offers the most on STs. But he's been injured, the team seems to like Cam Johnson, and added Lemonier. Gotta think Fleming is behind both those guys, and we probably keep only four OLBs (though I would strongly consider five personally).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap space updated with Snyder included.
$1,468,993.00

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers sign four draft picks | CSN Bay Area

49ers sign four draft picks

The 49ers signed four late-round draft picks to contracts as the team prepares for a three-day rookie camp that begins Friday, sources told CSNBayArea.com.

The 49ers reached contract terms with defensive tackle Quinton Dial, a fifth-round draft pick from Alabama, on a four-year, $2.34 million contract that includes a signing bonus of $181,000.

The 49ers also signed each of their seventh-round picks: South Florida quarterback B.J. Daniels, Iowa State tackle Carter Bykowski and Rutgers cornerback Marcus Cooper to four-year deals.

Draft picks are not required to be under contract to participate in the rookie camp. They must be signed to participate in the opening of training camp in late-July.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:...... so who's signing Woodson? He is in the SJ area looking at homes? Almaden Valley and Santana Row so far. Confirmed from 2 sources in the housing business.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Sign 4th-Round WR Quinton Patton

The team also claimed tight end/long snapper Kyle Nelson off of waivers from the San Diego Chargers. To make room on the roster for Nelson, the team has waived punter Anthony Santella.

Nelson was with the 49ers last year during the offseason but was obviously cut during the final cuts. He did receive snaps at TE during the offseason, though.

This is the 5th or 6th long snapper the 49ers have flirted with other than Brian Jennings (37 years old in October) since Harbaugh took over. The 49ers also have Kevin McDermott on the roster, who was signed as an UDFA.

When Jennings retires, if Harbaugh is still around at that time, I'd look for them to keep someone around or target someone who has more position versatility than Jennings does.

Jennings has said quite a few times, albeit in a light-hearted, somewhat joking kind of manner, that he could see himself playing into his early 40s if he avoids major injury given how good of shape he keeps himself in. That could change very quickly like it does with a lot of players but I have yet to hear from Jennings that he's close to giving the game up.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just read that Goodwin reworked his contract. Can't find any details.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodwin agrees to pay cut to remain on team | CSN Bay Area

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't updated the cap yet.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$2,611,413.00 in cap space with the Goodwin deal finally posted.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
$2,611,413.00 in cap space with the Goodwin deal finally posted.

What are we gonna do with this extra cap space created?

It's really not enough to front load Iupati's new contract unless we cut more players. I don't think Goodwin is a potential cap casualty now.

I still think Rogers or even Whitner could be asked to take a pay cut, and if Rogers refuses to take a pay cut he may be a cap casualty.

Rogers' money could be used to lock up Iupati long term.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still think Rogers or even Whitner could be asked to take a pay cut, and if Rogers refuses to take a pay cut he may be a cap casualty.

Rogers' money could be used to lock up Iupati long term.

Rogers' 2013 salary became guaranteed at some point this offseason; if they were going to cut him they would have done so before his salary became guaranteed.

I've been hoping for Quintin Jammer, but the stupid Broncos got him. Richard Seymour is still out there, but the Falcons look like they're going to sign him, which really pisses me off.

They may be saving some space for if some over-paid starter gets cut later this offseason. I'm hoping for Antrel Rolle. I think he's significantly better than Whitner.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm happy to not hear anything about the Seymour-to-Falcons rumours as of yet.