• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had the fortune to rub shoulders with some of the richest people in the world. Folks that if they used a bulldozer to push their money into a burnpile, could not burn the pile in the rest of their lives.

I have had the privilige to hang with some very "poor" people. In 1986 I was homeless. I had no home, no car, no phone, no money and no one to call. I had a 5 yo son to feed and we went "camping" I wrote a bad check for a truck rental, borrowed a chainsaw and cut trees for cash. Covered the bad check before it hit the bank. Sold a $22,000 landscape job, rented an apartment and worked my way out of it.

It is better to have enough than not enough. A poor man can take pleasure in catching a6" catfish for dinner.
A rich man has to take his yacht out to sea and catch trophies. What do you get when you own 2 houses? 2 water heaters go out.
i laugh looking back and remembering Kraft's son crying to him that "I wrecked the Ferrari!"
Wow man I have a whole lot more respect for you than I did before.

My dad had a really great job as an electrical engineer and for got canned after 28 years. The next week he was selling cameras in Kmart he told me and it stuck with me. "Any job is a good job when you have no job:"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too often conclusions are made based on too few points like religion, race and political affiliations.
And whether or not someone is willing to stuff a rabbit up their ass in hopes they will find someone to impress by pulling a rabbit out of their ass.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had the fortune to rub shoulders with some of the richest people in the world. Folks that if they used a bulldozer to push their money into a burnpile, could not burn the pile in the rest of their lives.

I have had the privilige to hang with some very "poor" people. In 1986 I was homeless. I had no home, no car, no phone, no money and no one to call. I had a 5 yo son to feed and we went "camping" I wrote a bad check for a truck rental, borrowed a chainsaw and cut trees for cash. Covered the bad check before it hit the bank. Sold a $22,000 landscape job, rented an apartment and worked my way out of it.

It is better to have enough than not enough. A poor man can take pleasure in catching a6" catfish for dinner.
A rich man has to take his yacht out to sea and catch trophies. What do you get when you own 2 houses? 2 water heaters go out.
i laugh looking back and remembering Kraft's son crying to him that "I wrecked the Ferrari!"
Ask a rich man who inherited his money and a rich man who worked for his money what they view as a lot of money and you will get very different answers.

$5.00 is a lot of money.

If you need it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My hat is off to you.
You have traveled further, struggled harder, experienced greater and accomplished more.
If one day we shall meet, I shall buy you a beer.
Or a Woodford Double Oaked.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hat is off to you.
You have traveled further, struggled harder, experienced greater and accomplished more.
If one day we shall meet, I shall buy you a beer.
Or a Woodford Double Oaked.
Amazing Stuff. I usually get a bottle for Fathers Day and my Bday in Aug as a gift. But I thought to myself SH*& she is gonna buy it anyway this year I am getting a Hunsaker Rib Hanger and Defuser Plate for my Weber Smokey Mt 18" and I drink the damn bourbon while using it.

But in all seriousness his is an amazing story.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time I drank any bourbon.
Last time I drank was 28 years 3 months and two days ago.
I may or may not have had bourbon that night, but my guess is if I did, it was Old Grand Dad 114.
Love ya.

Last drink I had was July 3, 1973. I had quit on Jan. 1, 1970 and fell off the wagon for one drink.
So it's been 47 years 11 months for me. My last drink was made by my sister in law. It's probably
why I don't drink today. Canada Dry Golden Ginger Ale and Johnny Walker Red.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should probably quit too but, nah.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time I drank any bourbon.
Last time I drank was 28 years 3 months and two days ago.
I may or may not have had bourbon that night, but my guess is if I did, it was Old Grand Dad 114.

Love ya.

Last drink I had was July 3, 1973. I had quit on Jan. 1, 1970 and fell off the wagon for one drink.
So it's been 47 years 11 months for me. My last drink was made by my sister in law. It's probably
why I don't drink today. Canada Dry Golden Ginger Ale and Johnny Walker Red.

I should probably quit too but, nah.

I think quitting all depends on your dependency
Alcohol is such an enigma along with it's sidekick, denial. I'm not saying everyone who drinks is in denial, just that many with a dependency issue rationalize their drinking (either consuming less or quitting altogether). And not everyone with a dependency issue has a life problem.

I learned about alcoholism when I was 5, and it's not a sad story. My dad was a social worker and I met a few of his clients and they were creepy. I just knew being an alcoholic was a bad thing and I was wrong. Not wrong about alcoholism, but wrong that the those creepy individuals were the face of alcoholism.

Whether was perception was right or wrong it planted a seed and I always reserved some caution. Sure I drank in high school like I wasn't supposed to... and binge drank in college, then into my mid/late twenties. At 27 I worked with a guy who was the poster child for the creepy people I was seeing when I was 5. I quit drinking for at least a couple months and when I resumed was much more responsible, but still tied one on occasionally with friends. I also liked that Friday night drink as though I earned it. I'll go as far and say craved it, though I could live without.

One day after I turned 50 I looked in the mirror an didn't like what I saw. I was barely overweight but didn't look like the guy I wanted to be. I kicked into a diet, gave up anything to do with wheat and got back onto an exercise regiment. Most alcohol I drank was wheat based so I gave up all alcohol, all instead of just wheat based to prove again I had no addiction.

I've gone on too long already and shared some of this before... I lost 10 pounds in a week and after 3 months have never craved a drink since. I drink occasionally, only 1 drink. But can go months between.

I repeat, alcohol is such an enigma. Many can handle alcohol like me. Many can't stop if their life depended on it. Many of them can function within addiction, and some sorry souls are that creepy person who just let the alcohol control their lives.

Last edited:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcohol is such an enigma along with it's sidekick, denial. I'm not saying everyone who drinks is in denial, just that many with a dependency issue rationalize their drinking (either consuming less or quitting altogether). And not everyone with a dependency issue has a life problem.

I learned about alcoholism when I was 5, and it's not a sad story. My dad was a social worker and I met a few of his clients and they were creepy. I just knew being an alcoholic was a bad thing and I was wrong. Not wrong about alcoholism, but wrong that the those creepy individuals were the face of alcoholism.

Whether was perception was right or wrong it planted a seed and I always reserved some caution. Sure I drank in high school like I wasn't supposed to... and binge drank in college, then into my mid/late twenties. At 27 I worked with a guy who was the poster child for the creepy people I was seeing when I was 5. I quit drinking for at least a couple months and when I resumed was much more responsible, but still tied one on occasionally with friends. I also liked that Friday night drink as though I earned it. I'll go as far and say craved it, though I could live without.

One day after I turned 50 I looked in the mirror an didn't like what I saw. I was barely overweight but didn't look like the guy I wanted to be. I kicked into a diet, gave up anything to do with wheat and got back onto an exercise regiment. Most alcohol I drank was wheat based so I gave up all alcohol, all instead of just wheat based to prove again I had no addiction.

I've gone on too long already and shared some of this before... I lost 10 pounds in a week and after 3 months have never craved a drink since. I drink occasionally, only 1 drink. But can go months between.

I repeat, alcohol is such an enigma. Many can handle alcohol like me. Many can't stop if their life depended on it. Many of them can function within addiction, and some sorry souls are that creepy person who just let the alcohol control their lives.
For me, I lived a wide fuckin open lifestyle. Reckless abandon. And alcohol was a huge part of that. Always a challenge who could drink more stay up later, work without sleep repeatedly etc.
But only if there were others around to party with.
My life is much better once I walked away from that lifestyle.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I lived a wide fuckin open lifestyle. Reckless abandon. And alcohol was a huge part of that. Always a challenge who could drink more stay up later, work without sleep repeatedly etc.
But only if there were others around to party with.
My life is much better once I walked away from that lifestyle.
You are probably like me. Becoming a "grown up" didn't happen at 18 or even 25. It's been a step by step process, and I'm still climbing stairs at times. I've made lots of mistakes, but few critical. I think I've learned from most, but not all.

Here's the thing: most people climb the steps until they are tired and say "I'm done". Many don't accept all the responsibility for their own lives... Some people can't accept responsibility, but most can but choose not too.

I like who I am, and from my discussions, I like most here (excluding the occasional troll). I may butt heads here occasionally, but truly respect the degree of responsibility everyone takes in the parts of their lives they share.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not in denial. I am fully aware that my quality of life would likely be better off with booze BUT I enjoy the living hell out of it. I'm 50 now and the hangovers linger. But I love to fucking party. I don't booze every day because my lovely wife won't let me. But when I do I go heavy. And I have this thing for rum. The older I get the more I contemplate quitting for a multitude of reasons but I ain't there yet.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in denial. I am fully aware that my quality of life would likely be better off with booze BUT I enjoy the living hell out of it. I'm 50 now and the hangovers linger. But I love to fucking party. I don't booze every day because my lovely wife won't let me. But when I do I go heavy. And I have this thing for rum. The older I get the more I contemplate quitting for a multitude of reasons but I ain't there yet.
I hope you didn't think I was pointing any of my comments toward you. I read your first comments as playful and not intended to be analyzed.

I equally hope you read my follow up about respecting the responsibility most here exhibit. I count you on the list, and nothing above or earlier seems irresponsible.

Life is to be enjoyed, otherwise why bother living?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you didn't think I was pointing any of my comments toward you. I read your first comments as playful and not intended to be analyzed.

I equally hope you read my follow up about respecting the responsibility most here exhibit. I count you on the list, and nothing above or earlier seems irresponsible.

Life is to be enjoyed, otherwise why bother living?

I certainly did not think that. Booze is an interesting conversation amongst those who have had their struggles/issues with it. It is to me anyway.

But I'll bring it back to football. Pats 34 Dolphins 13. Pats struggle early until Cam Newton goes out with an injury and Mac Jones comes in and lights them up. Mac Jones never relinquishes the job again until his retirement in 2040.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 11 wins are very attainable, and I to believe we split with Buff and could sweep Miami, I am not so sure about Tua
Tua reminds me a bit (perception wise) of Rick Mirer where he had some obvious flaws but had the aroma of "winner" all over him. In Rick's case he reminded people of the path followed by Joe Montana.